The Magic Payroll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Magic Payroll

Holy crap...Has anyone seen what's going on in Orlando these days? They're going to match Reddick's offer sheet from the Bulls...which will put them $21 million dollars OVER THE LUXURY TAX. That's nuts. Is there any chance we could pick up one or more of their players for a trade exception? Maybe Gortat? Maybe Pietrus (although, he's a bit redundant)? Maybe Gortat and Jameer Nelson for Calderon and Evans?

Tim Povtak of AOL FanHouse is reporting that the Orlando Magic will match the $19 million contract offer from the Chicago Bulls on restricted free agent J.J. Redick.

The Magic are currently sitting at $84.75 million in 2010 salary commitments, putting them $14.44 million over the $70.307 million Luxury Tax line. That number will increase by roughly $7 million after matching Reddick's contract offer, giving the Magic at a payroll of $91.5 million to just 12 roster players, with a total player cost including Luxury Tax of $112.94 million.

The L.A. Lakers have the highest payroll in the NBA, with just nine players committed to just under $90 million.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz0trJbh0AR

Goalie23 wrote: View Post
    Holy crap...Has anyone seen what's going on in Orlando these days? They're going to match Reddick's offer sheet from the Bulls...which will put them $21 million dollars OVER THE LUXURY TAX. That's nuts. Is there any chance we could pick up one or more of their players for a trade exception? Maybe Gortat? Maybe Pietrus (although, he's a bit redundant)? Maybe Gortat and Jameer Nelson for Calderon and Evans?
    Orlando would not give away Jameer Nelson & their backup Center who they overpaid to keep last year for Calderon & Evans....besides, I don't want another shoot-first PG like Nelson, and he's approaching 30 like Calderon.
    Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.

Comment

I'd love for the Raptors to trade for Gortat, especially if it means...
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        I'd love for the Raptors to trade for Gortat, especially if it means Bargnani moves to his natural 4 position.
        I finished your post for you Tim.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          I finished your post for you Tim.
          I'm looking for my gun....
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

AirRaptor wrote: View Post
            Orlando would not give away Jameer Nelson & their backup Center who they overpaid to keep last year for Calderon & Evans....besides, I don't want another shoot-first PG like Nelson, and he's approaching 30 like Calderon.
            definitely see a recurrance here.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
            X