Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Preseason Game (Real Madrid)

'Twas the night before basketball....

Well known but interesting twist to the game tomorrow. No Big V. No KLOE. So, here come your...2011 Raptors?! (with polite exceptions to Messrs Fields and Ross). Would have been nice to see the shiny new car but in lieu of that, what are you looking for tomorrow? A return to pre-calf Bargnani? An evolution of DeMar's game? Signs that Landry is as smart as advertised? Evidence that Ed's shot really "goes in more"? Anything else?

I thought Kyle Lowry's sore leg was only for the scrimmage. Isn't he back for pre-season?
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Im looking to see more ED. With JV out he has to see this as an opportunity to carve out minutes as the first big off the bench. I predict another double double for him tomorrow book it.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

anyone going down? Im gonna grab some tickets down at the venue...

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          I thought Kyle Lowry's sore leg was only for the scrimmage. Isn't he back for pre-season?
          Coach said they wanted to make sure he was back for season opener so wouldnt rush him for preseason.

Comment

I'm going!

They were giving free tickets yesterday! Mine are Sec 102 Row 5!

I'd even go to a Bobcats preseason game if it was that close and free
            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I've got a hunch that Lowry's leg isn't the only reason they're holding him out. It's also quite convenient, because there would have been a certain amount of pressure to start Jose against Real Madrid, just because it's a Spanish team with a number of his national team teammates. This way, Jose gets to start and play lots of minutes/get showcased in the game that is going to be watched by a lot of Spaniards, but Casey doesn't have to answer a zillion annoying questions about what it means regarding the latest point guard "controversy".

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                I've got a hunch that Lowry's leg isn't the only reason they're holding him out. It's also quite convenient, because there would have been a certain amount of pressure to start Jose against Real Madrid, just because it's a Spanish team with a number of his national team teammates. This way, Jose gets to start and play lots of minutes/get showcased in the game that is going to be watched by a lot of Spaniards, but Casey doesn't have to answer a zillion annoying questions about what it means regarding the latest point guard "controversy".
                I think you're reading too much into this one!

If Lowry was fit to go he would be there. Raptors made some decisions with injuries that bit them in the ass last year.
                This year they're being cautious with a couple of key pieces!
                Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

This will be a challenge Real is game fit having played a number of games already.

Raptors are in first one of 2012 and minus some key players.
                  Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Eager to see how Fields does. Kleiza as well. If Landry is held out then Lucas gets some run.

Should be a good game.

Comment

Hope to see a different/better team this year eventhough other teams in our division have done better acquisitions in the off season.

Comment

I posted this on the article but the Grizz played Madrid on Sat and only beat them by 8. And their startesr all played over 30 mins except Tony Allen.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I'm very curious to see ED 2.0. If we want to deal for something CLOSE to a star, we're most likely going to have to give up Jose's expiring plus a favourable contract with upside like Ed's and a draft pick I'd guess. At least he can hopefully put some pressure on AB to avoid any temptation to dog it out there, as he should know that Casey will be looking down the bench to Ed if Andrea's not getting it done some nights.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                            I posted this on the article but the Grizz played Madrid on Sat and only beat them by 8. And their startesr all played over 30 mins except Tony Allen.
                            They finished over by 12. Also the grizzlies hit from the field with 56% holding Real under 40% so it seems to me that they controlled the game pretty easy
                            Last edited by teoserio; Mon Oct 8, 2012, 01:24 PM.
                            Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Bargnani healthy and improved. Kleiza healthy (finally) banging threes on Rudy Fernandez. Demar and T Ross catching some lobs. Landry Fields with a putback dunk. ED stroking it from mid range. !!

Comment

Working...
                              X