Raptors vs. Mavericks: Wednesday, November 7th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors vs. Mavericks: Wednesday, November 7th

This is likely a little premature since the OKC game isn't even played yet, but it is tomorrow, and this is newsworthy, in my opinion:

DALLAS (AP) -- Mavericks forward Shawn Marion will miss at least three games with a sprained left knee ligament.

The team said Tuesday the four-time All-Star was a scratch for Wednesday night's home game against Toronto and won't make a two-game trip to New York and Charlotte.

The 34-year-old Marion will be re-evaluated next week. He sprained his left medial collateral ligament in the third quarter of the Mavericks' 114-91 win over Portland on Monday night.

Marion is averaging 8.0 points and 9.0 rebounds through four games this season. He played at least 75 games in nine of his first 12 seasons and has career averages of 16.4 points and 9.2 rebounds.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/scoreboard?date=20121107
    The Mavs will have tonight off so the Raps are playing them on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Dirk is still out.

Mavs are 3-1 with the lone loss to Utah and victories over LAL, Portland, and Charlotte.

*EDIT*

Toronto Star/Doug Smith preview:

GAME DAY

AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER

TIPOFF: 8:30 p.m.

TV: TSN2; RADIO: FAN590

PROBABLE STARTERS

Toronto: Kyle Lowry, DeMar DeRozan, Landry Fields, Andrea Bargnani, Jonas Valanciunas; Dallas: Darren Collison, O.J. Mayo, Vince Carter, Elton Brand, Brandan Wright.

KEY MATCHUP

Bargnani vs. Brand

With a decided height and quickness advantage, it might be a time for Bargnani to have a breakout game since Brand’s had difficulty guarding the 7-footer in the past. And with Brand not a focal point of Dallas’s offence, Bargnani won’t be a key factor defensively.

NEED TO KNOW

Mavs are still without the injured Dirk Nowitzki (knee) but are off to a 3-1 start, they shot 62 per cent from the field in a Monday home win over Portland … Ex-Raptor Shawn Marion will miss at least three games with a sprained left knee ligament and will likely be replaced in starting lineup by another ex-Raptor, Vince Carter, who plays a key role off the bench … Second time former Mavs assistant Dwane Casey will coach against his old boss Rick Carlisle … Mavs’ centres Wright and Chris Kaman shooting a combined 81 per cent from the field so far this season … Toronto has lost 13 of 16 games on the road against the Mavs … Game ends grind of four games in five nights for Toronto.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...y-game-preview
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Nov 6, 2012, 08:04 PM.

T_T you're taking my game threads away from me!

S'all right though, you're doing a good job
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Good. Not only may it help the Raps, but we likely get to see more of this Crowder kid, who I understand has been getting good reviews.

Comment

Must-win. Regardless of their record and who they've beaten. No star. A team very similar to the Wolves team we faced on Sunday.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Let's focus closely on the Mayo/DeRozan matchup. A lot of people (myself included) were saying that Mayo would be a far better option at SG compared to DeRozan.

EDIT: I should point out that one game isn't definitive proof by any means, but should be an interesting matchup nonetheless.
          Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Nov 7, 2012, 11:21 AM.

Comment

How the Raps come back tonight is going to be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Let's focus closely on the Mayo/DeRozan matchup. A lot of people (myself included) were saying that Mayo would be a far better option at SG compared to DeRozan.

EDIT: I should point out that one game isn't definitive proof by any means, but should be an interesting matchup nonetheless.
              Hear, hear!

If I'm not mistaken OJ has generally gotten the better of his fellow trojan over the years.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

really? you only mentioned it a couple billion times

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  really? you only mentioned it a couple billion times
                  That was in a conversation with NoProps. Didn't think anyone else was listening

Comment

Should be bully ball all day for DD. Any news on Lowry?
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Even though is is the second game of a back to back for us, I do feel we can get the win...with or without Lowry.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        Even though is is the second game of a back to back for us, I do feel we can get the win...with or without Lowry.
                        Yup, we've beaten Dallas (in Dallas) with a weaker lineup before.

Pride alone should be enough to bring a noticeably better effort tonight, but I think Casey will have his troops extra focused after last night's debacle.

Comment

No Brand tonight either! His wife is having a baby. Seriously this game is winnable even if Lowry ain't playing.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Who knows? VC might go off on us :P
                            TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

So the Mavs frontcourt rotation is Kamen, Troy Murphy, and Brandan Wright? I guess their 40 year old rookie Bernard James might get minutes too. And maybe Crowder can play some 4 if they go small. Just make sure Mayo and Collison don't score and this should be a wrap. *positive thinking*
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X