Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From rumor to deal: Telfair to Toronto for Haddadi

@Chris_Broussard
    Toronto in need of backup PG; could be landing spot for Telfair or Minny's Luke Ridnour.
    Source - https://twitter.com/chris_broussard/...47474353430528

@Chris_Broussard
    OKC aggressively shopping PG Eric Maynor. Asking price is high. Phoenix looking to move Sebastian Telfair to clear PT for Kendall Marshall.
    Source - https://twitter.com/chris_broussard/...46862303830016
    @Chr1st1anL

Eric Maynor for a 2nd round pick and John Lucas?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I would love to pick up Maynor if we did not have to lose John Lucas. With Both Lowry and Maynor having had some injury problems, you need a third guard, and Lucas has played well.

Comment

Lucas is a good third guard which you need so Im not sure giving him up is a good idea plus in a pinch hes pretty good off the ball especially the way hes been shooting lately. 2 days away from deadline man im so anxious!

Comment

I'd welcome Ridnour and Maynor with open arms. Telfair is a punk. No thanks.

Comment

Ridnour would be a very good fit. Maynor was a decent PG prospect but seems to have slide into obscurity since he got hurt last year. No interest in Telfair. Don't seem him as an upgrade over Lucas.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I dont even know who Telfar is but Maynor and Ridnour sure thing.

Comment

Totally baseless speculation...Broussard's just hoping he can find something to write about. I'm not saying TO won't find a PG, it may even be one of these guys, but it is just complete speculation with absolutely nothing to fall back on. He doesn't even make vague mention of "sources"...

Comment

Ridnour would definitely be a solid backup PG who could start from time to time if the need arose and even play sport minutes on the wing in certain scenarios with injuries, etc.

Still don't think the PG spot is a glaring need but Ridnour is certainly and upgrade over Lucas. Maynor doesn't play a lot and hasn't been super productive in those limited minutes. Not sure there's much for Toronto to gain there given what OKC would likely want in return.

Comment

Telfair is most famous for making the cover of Sports Illustrated while still playing high school hoops in New York.

Comment

Gotta love the SI Cover Curse...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Gotta love the SI Cover Curse...
                        Didn't hurt LeBron....

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                          Ridnour would definitely be a solid backup PG who could start from time to time if the need arose and even play sport minutes on the wing in certain scenarios with injuries, etc.

Still don't think the PG spot is a glaring need but Ridnour is certainly and upgrade over Lucas. Maynor doesn't play a lot and hasn't been super productive in those limited minutes. Not sure there's much for Toronto to gain there given what OKC would likely want in return.
                          When Lowry gets hurt and JL3s shot goes cold (2 things that will definitely happen, likely soon) this will become the most glaring need on the team. Lucas' hot streak is all that has kept the fanbase from demanding his head. If his shot isn't going down he has no business on the floor.
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                            When Lowry gets hurt and JL3s shot goes cold (2 things that will definitely happen, likely soon) this will become the most glaring need on the team. Lucas' hot streak is all that has kept the fanbase from demanding his head. If his shot isn't going down he has no business on the floor.
                            I suppose it depends on whether you need to win this year or not. If you expect to make the playoffs, then a back-up PG is a must have for this team.

But if you're like me, and more willing to let the season play out before any more moves, then I'd say that when Lowry gets hurt and Lucas goes cold, you would simply play with a big back-court. Gay, Demar, Ross, or Fields could bring the ball up and intialize a play just as easy as Lucas can. Fields has the intelligence and passing of the bunch, but that means more minutes to Fields. I'd let Gay play defacto-PG ala Lamar Odom in his hey-dey as the point forward intializing the offence from non-traditional spots.

Comment

I just finished posting a message about this Tweet/rumor in the '2013 Trade Deadline' thread.

Ridnour - a great option, but I don't see Toronto having an players/salary that easily matches up (no, Kleiza is not a legit option)

Telfair - I was thinking a straight-up Haddadi-Telfair trade (Telfair is expiring, Haddadi is non-gauaranteed in 2013-14) works in the Trade Machine, to be a simple trade to help both clubs.

Comment

Working...
                              X