Calderon to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon to Houston

First let me say that I am a fan of Jose's game, and am one who talks about signing him 2-3 more years at a lesser amount after his current deal ends while passing the reins to a Kabongo, Lillard or current NBA young PG. That said, there are definite rumours to him heading out of town so with that in mind, Houston's love on for Gasol and talk today that they might relent on trading Lowry (supposedly high on Flynn/Dragic PG tandem which sounds like BS to me...)

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=83bwbej

TOR: JFlynn, HThabeet (for HOU salary reasons and expiring), NYK 2012 1st (via HOU), DAL 2012 1st
    LAL: LScola; KLowry, MMorris (trade $ filler currently in the development league)
    HOU: PGasol, JCalderon, LAL 2012

Toronto is really after the picks here to get a PG this year, Flynn is a potential option/forgotten man, and Thabeet is to make the salaries work likely to be released at the end of the season or offered cheap.

LAL is pushing for Lowry for Gasol, and if Houston caves and gets him, it will be because they get Calderon. This is risk/return more for the Lakers, and buoyed by Scola to balance the risk. They would follow this up with a TPE trade for either Beasley in Minny or Barbosa in Toronto.

Houston loves Gasol and Jose would pair up for their playoff push. To me they sacrifice longer term potential here, but the rumours of it just simply won't go away so I will continue to look for ways for the Raptors to weasel into the mix.

TOR 2012-13lineup:
    PG: JFlynn, Lillard/Kabongo
    SG: DD, FA signing (Chandler, Batum - would be starting, CLee, etc.), Forbes
    SF: Barnes/Miller/MKG, JJ, Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
    C: JVal, AGray, Thabeet/Alabi
    Still have assets that could be traded for proper pieces, and some money to pursue FA's at SG (listed above) and PG (DJAugustin, or short term vet mentors like Nash or AMiller.)

Of course I also assume that Barbosa is traded for a pick for leverage/packaging with NYK pick to move up as needed to get the PG pick.

I like Saints91 thoughts of trading down to get Utah's 2 picks for Miller and Lillard as another option.

Comment

I should also have said either Flynn OR Dragic in the above trade. Whichever one is desired to be included.

Comment

Working...
      X