Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Standings

As you can see the Raptors have been taking their mediocrity up a notch as of late going off on a five game streak. Can they stink enough to hold the distinction of 4th worst team in the league? Hard to say at this point but with the "surging" Nets on a four game streak of their own this may go down to the wire.

Woooo
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I am guarded that all this means is that it is worth just a few more pong balls with possibilities of a higher pick (or lower). I still remember that poker look on Nets owner's face when they fell from 1st to 3rd....ouch...

Comment

With the schedules remaining, it even looks probable that Washington may be passing the Raptors as well. Currently Washington sits only two games back of the Raptors, each with 8 games remaining:

Toronto:

Chicago
        Orlando
        NY Knicks
        Cleveland
        Philadelphia
        New Jersey
        Milwaukee
        Miami

Washington:

Cleveland
        Charlotte
        Detroit
        Indiana
        Boston
        Atlanta
        Boston
        Cleveland

Toronto has a few games in there that may be toss-ups (Indiana, Milwaukee) but are still not looking like the strongest odds with how we are playing currently. We also have one game against Cleveland which, although they have been playing a bit better lately, it is resonable to hope for a win.

Washington on the other hand has two games against Cleveland (reasonable hope to win both) and toss ups with Charlotte, Detroit, and Indiana (which Pacer team will show up?).

Depends on what happens in those games, Washington could pass Toronto as well.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Why hadn't Amir been shut down? He clearly has a significant injury.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            Why hadn't Amir been shut down? He clearly has a significant injury.
            Because Triano is still trying to win every game possible - to the detriment of player development.

Comment

I've never been more thrilled!
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                Because Triano is still trying to win every game possible - to the detriment of player development.
                Players aren't the only people in basketball who feel the pressures involved with a "contract year".

Comment

Whats truly wicked about this situation is that if you look at the bottom tier teams, particularly the Wolves and Nets and Kings; is that they all have good point guards, which could mean each one of them could possibly pass on Kyrie Irving who I think could be our savior. Lets just hope we get the higher pick over Cleveland.

Comment

Yeah, literally the only team is Cleveland and they could still take Barnes or Williams and take Knight or Kemba with the clippers pick. I like our chances at getting Irving.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If the Wolves get a higher selection then us, I think they will take Irving, which could mean us getting Rubio in a trade. This wouldn't be the greatest scenario, but I definately don't think Rubio would be opposed to playing behind his fellow country mate Calderon for a year. I would say this is the second best scenario.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                        If the Wolves get a higher selection then us, I think they will take Irving, which could mean us getting Rubio in a trade. This wouldn't be the greatest scenario, but I definately don't think Rubio would be opposed to playing behind his fellow country mate Calderon for a year. I would say this is the second best scenario.
                        The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.

Comment

The title of this thread is hilarious

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                            history has shown us, minnesota can NEVER have too many point guards.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
                              Did I say it was a slam dunk? I said it was a great second option. I know the Raptors wouldn't mind paying for the rights of Rubio, he's going to be an star. I agree with you about the Kings, although I could see them going after a guy like Williams.

Comment

Working...
                              X