• TOR-MIN-LAL Sweetened Blockbuster Deal

Toronto out: Bargs, Calderon, Ross, Amir
    Toronto in: Gasol, Odom-Morris, Ridnour, D-Will

Min out: Pekovic, Ridnour, D-Will
    Min in: Amir, Ross, Artest

LA out: Gasol, Odom Morris, Artest
    LA in: Bargs, Calderon, Pekovic

Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Ridnour/Odom-Morris (Lucas is waived)
    DeRozan/Fields/Anderson
    D-Will/Pietrus/Kleiza
    Gasol/Davis/Acy
    Val/Gray

-If I'm BC. i would pry these players and run like bandit and maybe avoid getting fired
    -Getting Gasol would benefit the Raps (a playoff contender, maybe next year unless we win 20 in a row)
    -Getting D-Will, perhaps a change of scenery, he may be our 3 of the future, a former 2nd pick of the 2011 nba draft, he has lost his touch with the Wolves, in exchange of Ross (who could be their starting 2), D-Will can solidify our lineup, he won't hurt and possibly flourish under Casey's system beside he's real tight with DeMar
    -Ridnour is a much better backup than Calderon, better contract nonetheless
    -We waive Lucas and in return get a young prospect PG in Odom-Morris.
    -We clear a lot of cap for next year by getting rid of Bargs + Calderon and Gasol has a player option next year, we can trade him for a young PF with upsides + backup C (Oden, Varejao, Jason Thompsons, or Perkins)

This whole thing breaks down with the mention of Ross being traded.

Comment

An alternate TOR/LAL/MIN trade could be:

LAL: Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
      MIN: Gasol
      TOR: Pekovic, Williams, Shved, Cunningham*, Clark*

* just included to match salaries. The trade works in the ESPN Trade Machine if you sub Ridnour & Rubio instead of Williams & Shved (both sets combine for $7.7M salary)

I think Shved instead of Ridnour makes the trade a little better for Toronto, giving them 3 good young prospects. Cunningham could be flipped for a 2nd round pick (or whatever) and Clark could be waived (expiring).

Minnesota would be in more of a win-now mode after acquiring Gasol, so it makes sense for them to keep a more veteran backup PG (Ridnour).

LA gets a spread-4 in the starting lineup, a veteran Nash-duplicate backup PG and a backup forward who can post-up or spread the floor.

Toronto could throw is some/all of their 4 2nd round picks (13, 14, 14-Sac, 15) to sweeten the pot, or to ideally land a 1st round pick from Minnesota (but that might be pushing it).

I personally want nothing to do with Gasol and his potentially chronic 32-year-old knee tendonitis. The Raps are suppoed to be in [re]building mode, so I'd much rather flip Gasol for a combination of young talent and draft picks.

Comment

hahaha. fuck minny. williams ridnour and pekovic out being replaced with artest and the hope ross pans out.

this one is good

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          An alternate TOR/LAL/MIN trade could be:

LAL: Bargnani, Calderon, Kleiza
          MIN: Gasol
          TOR: Pekovic, Williams, Shved, Cunningham*, Clark*

* just included to match salaries. The trade works in the ESPN Trade Machine if you sub Ridnour & Rubio instead of Williams & Shved (both sets combine for $7.7M salary)

I think Shved instead of Ridnour makes the trade a little better for Toronto, giving them 3 good young prospects. Cunningham could be flipped for a 2nd round pick (or whatever) and Clark could be waived (expiring).

Minnesota would be in more of a win-now mode after acquiring Gasol, so it makes sense for them to keep a more veteran backup PG (Ridnour).

LA gets a spread-4 in the starting lineup, a veteran Nash-duplicate backup PG and a backup forward who can post-up or spread the floor.

Toronto could throw is some/all of their 4 2nd round picks (13, 14, 14-Sac, 15) to sweeten the pot, or to ideally land a 1st round pick from Minnesota (but that might be pushing it).

I personally want nothing to do with Gasol and his potentially chronic 32-year-old knee tendonitis. The Raps are suppoed to be in [re]building mode, so I'd much rather flip Gasol for a combination of young talent and draft picks.
          Toronto could take on Blake instead of Clark, if the Lakers want to dump more salary/PG. I'd expect Toronto to turn around and shop Cunningham & Blake for picks, instead of having to cut anybody.

Comment

Working...
          X