Nikos Pappas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikos Pappas

This guy is money in the bank. Greek 22 year old shooting guard undrafted, with huge upside.
    Currently a free agent, B.C. or Gherardini should definitely take a look, possibly bring him in for training camp.
    Best young player in the Greek league last year and he only played for the last half of the season.

KW

Why is he money in the bank? Took a quick look at his draftexp profile and it says he cant get to the rim very well due to physical limitations but he would be fine for the Euro league. Do you disagree?

Comment

www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHbTib6EDo

Recognize any team USA players.

KW.

Comment

Not sure, but here's what I found.

Comment

Boy can he create his own shot.

KW.
          Last edited by knucklewrap; Mon Jul 23, 2012, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Doesn't Niko have a cousin who runs a taxi service in Liberty City?

Comment

knucklewrap wrote: View Post
              www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHbTib6EDo

Recognize any team USA players.

KW.
              Just one...Gordon Hayward. Not sure what you mean...I am sure the Greek and USA teams of various age groups have played each other many times...as they do against many other countries. Is that some kind of qualification? Roko Ukic looked good on tape too. Scouting is pretty good these days. All I can say is if he was a nugget some team in the NBA would have sniffed him out (Spurs?).

Sorry but he just doesn't jump off the material I have seen on him....along with his defense rating and 26% 3pt shooting.

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp...layerID=108731

Comment

Good spotting Bendit, Seth Curry also played on that team, and they went on to beat Greece in the final of the 2009 under 19
                World championship in a very entertaining game.
                I've been following Nikos last couple of years in the Greek league, and he seems to bring a lot of intangibles that don't translate well on the stat sheet. He plays with a lot of heart and a chip on his shoulder, he is not afraid of contact, and will take the ball to the rim for the foul, or, the and-one. He can create his own shot, and has the ability to control a game with great court-vision and smarts. Reminds me of Ginobilli/Garbajosa, definitely the anti- Bellinelli/Kapono.

I'm not saying the Raps should sign him to a multi-year, multi-million dollar offer, but just bring him in for a look come training camp.

KW.

Comment

I am one who is pro trying to mine the Euro leagues for talent. Gherardini has been a disappointment in terms of not coming up with a "Nikos" for the Raptors the last few years. Dont know how much he had to do with the JV pick. I know what you mean about intangibles which is often overlooked.

Comment

Update:

http://www.fcmbasketball.com/portal/...page-slideshow

maybe next year.

Comment

Greek A1 round 3 best performance: Nikos Pappas.

The kid is lighting it up in the Greek league. James Harden like stats in his last game.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Greece/bas...?NewsID=293356

Comment

Great numbers in the Eurocup league.

http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur.../i/104506/3735

Comment

He looks good. He also looks like a sg. If he was a sf maybe, but I really think the Raps need mature, developed players now. We have too many young kids.

Comment

Raps can't be choosers when it comes to talent. Dude reminds me of Ginobili kinda.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Here is a new video of Nikos Pappas:

Comment

Working...
                              X