X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD and Jennings

Twitter:

Brandon Jennings ‏@BRAND0NJENNINGS
    W/ the homie @DeMar_DeRozan in China.... Good times!!! Talking about the future... #Compton

Their contracts are both up in 2014. They're obviously talking about teaming up, but is it Toronto?

good find scummer, recently there was a thread about the possibility of bringing Jennings to the Raptors. I think Jennings would be a great pick up for our team but the one issue i have is i wouldn't give up too much for him. Can you guys imagine how pumped the two would be to play with each other since they were both childhood friends?
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Monta and Jennings doesn't work ... Maybe they brought Monta in with the intention of dealing Jennings in the offseason?

If we were to stay put at #8, maybe the Bucks would have more value in the pick to go get a big ... i'd consider it.
      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

"Hey man, i'm probably getting traded..."
        "Me too!"
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I like the idea of bringing Jennings here, and he previously tweeted that outside of his hometown (LA), he would choose Toronto as his home.

But I'm not sold on committing to DeRozan as our starting SG of the future. I would hate to bring in Jennings by selling him the opportunity to play with his childhood buddy, only to realize that Batum/Beal/Lamb or whoever is a better SG than DeRozan.

Comment

Jennings played in Europe and Canada might as well be Europe to American players, so it sort of makes sense. Kidding aside, I don't know what Milwaukee is like, but sounds boring. I'd rather play in Toronto if the choice was between the two. While we're at it we should try and poach players from Indiana and Clevland as well.

Jennings made good progress last year and though he isn't as good of a shooter as Jose, he brings a lot of good intangibles as well (tough, agressive, leadership...). I wouldn't want him at the cost of our #8 pick though. I'd rather wait until his contract is up and sign him in 2013.

Comment

Sign and trade Bayless for Jennings and Ed Davis for Udoh/Sanders ... would that even work ?
              “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

I would love to see a back court of Jennings and Derozan. Two kids from Compton representing T.Dot. It's a marketing dream, as well it will attract more american athletes to Toronto. Between Bargnani, Calderon, Valanciunas, Turkoglu, Garbajosa, Kleiza, Parker (Israel), Nesterovic, etc. we are known as the European Experiment. We need to get back to the old school Raptor Glory Days with Oakley, Willis, Christie, Davis (Antonio), Wince etc. So if it can start with the Compton kids and possibly (Harrison Barnes fingers crossed) and throw in Ed Davis and Valanciunas (Think Toni Kukoc for the bulls) for our euro quota, we have a team that we are not embarrassed to cheer for!

Comment

Isn't Amir also from Compton?

I'm not embarrassed to cheer for a Euro heavy team. However, I'm concerned that a starting line up with one rookie euro centre in Jonas, and a known to be soft euro PF in Andrea is gonna have opposing bigs grinning from ear to ear before the game even starts. It's not a racial thing it's a common sense thing. It would be the same if it was Bosh in place of Bargnani. If you know the bigs are soft (and in Jonas's case how much toughness can you expect from a rookie centre that's 19, new in town, new in country, new in continent, without a comrade in sight [okay, theres Kleiza]) then how can you conciously put that product out there in a starting line up?

I can only hope BC has something planned.

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                    I got to thinking how we could better match up a PG with DeRozan to get his full potential out of him and the best match for me seems to be Brandon Jennings......grew up playing together, complimentary games......could we work out a deal that works for both of us.

Ok so stay with me because this is a long journey but in the end if all the pieces fell into place it would be a win-win -win - win -win for all of us

Use our TPE on Chris Anderson and Corey Brewer from Denver, they need to free up some cash to sign J MaGee and need to find a new home for Anderson

Sign and Trade Bayless + 3M to Chicago for CJ Watson and #30 pick

Toronto gets Okafor (NOH) , Ariza (NOH) and Jennings (MIL)

New Orleans gets Davis, James Johnson, Weems (S&T@ 1-2m) , Calderon , Anderson (DEN) + 3M. They basically get a full rotation of players for Okafor and Ariza and save a boatload of money. Davis, JJ and Weems are still young and show they have potential and Calderon gives them a quality PG that will also be a trade piece next year when his contract expires. Birdman gives them a good backup C and energy.

Milwaukee gets #10 pick (NOH) , #37 (TOR) , #57 (IND) and a #1 pick in 2013 (top 5 protected). This clears up some room to resign Iiysova and is able to reload via draft and maybe pair some picks with Gooden and see him disappear off their payroll.

Jennings (23, 3.1M) / Marshall (#8, 21, 2.1M) / CJ Watson (29, 3.4M)

DeRozan (23, 3.3M) / D. Lamb (#30, 21 , 0.9M) / Forbes (28, 1.5M)

C. Brewer (27, 3.1M) / Ariza (27, 7.6M) / Kleiza (28, 4.6M)

Bargnani (27, 10M / A Johnson (26, 6M) / Sign FA (Rebounder) Reggie Evans (2.5-3M) , (Multi-purpose) Boris Diaw (4-5M) or (Younger Project) Jordan Hill (4-5M)

Valanciunas (20, 2.8M) / Okafor (30, 13.5M)/ Magloire (34, 1M)

I think the overall dynamic would work pretty well , maybe a tweak or two but it leaves us with what I think is a solid starting 5 plus a quality bench. I kind of like the idea of bringing Reggie back if for anything just to bang with JV. Adding Jennings to the mix should open up the raptors game ALOT and with some bigs that can also run the floor it should help with the offense that was lacking last year while still having guys who can defend their positions well.

I would say run with this roster for the next 2 years and see were they take us.
                    I posted this earlier in the week........food for thought

Comment

GoHuskies wrote: View Post
                      I posted this earlier in the week........food for thought
                      Only problem is that I don't believe free agents can be signed (or S&T) prior to the draft, so that plan doesn't have a chance of working. The draft is June 28, but the free agency period doesn't begin until July 1st.

Comment

http://instagr.am/p/Kue6AMKhnN/

DeMar, Jennings and Gary Payton. Saw it on my Instagram timeline, this morning.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

You guys think Bargs or DeRozan might just have a "say" in the type of players they want to play with/bring here? I wa wondering if they've ever done that with BC before. mainly Bargs and Jose, being here, the longest. And if so, who?
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Pretty easy way around it , we purchase the #30 pick for 3M cash and then do the sign and trade after July 1 , it was more of a way to move Bayless for something rather than keep him for the sake of keeping him. As far as the Weems s&T it hardly matters and NOH may not even want him but if he can be got for cheap then why not ....Weems will probably be looking to at least get back into the NBA this year so it could benefit both....but he is hardly a deal breaker

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                              You guys think Bargs or DeRozan might just have a "say" in the type of players they want to play with/bring here? I wa wondering if they've ever done that with BC before. mainly Bargs and Jose, being here, the longest. And if so, who?
                              It may not involve DeRozan providing his "say", but rather Colangelo acknowledging the off-court chemistry between DeRozan and Jennings, while also realizing that Jennings fills a positional need on this roster.

Comment

Working...
                              X