Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new reality in the NBA universe under the new CBA

Another reason for optimism in Raptorland:

"It wasn't that long ago that deals were always done for talent reasons," Penn said. "But more and more, deals ... are being done for financial, contractual reasons. It's an advantage for an organization to have a creative, dynamic deal maker. This isn't just adding up numbers and seeing if trades work. It's about thinking more creatively, strategically, and understanding the books and finances of other teams and what's motivating other teams. That's the secret sauce."

Source
    Colangelo and his staff have proven to fit the mold of the above quote. I do think this is important in the new reality of a much more punitive NBA tax system and a much more generous revenue sharing system.

Moneyball...

Damn that Brad Pitt is just too damn good looking.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The new punitive tax structure doesn't kick in until the 2013-14 season. I wonder if teams will already start positioning themselves to dump salary (and possibly a good player) this summer?

Comment

Let's just say we wouldn't be surprised.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Another reason for optimism in Raptorland:

Colangelo and his staff have proven to fit the mold of the above quote.
          Based on what?

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
            Based on what?
            His history.

He has been involved in numerous complicated and enormous multiplayer transactions invoking loopsholes or fine print of the CBA.

http://hoopshype.com/general_manager..._colangelo.htm

He has shown the ability to be creative in making deals, in my opinion, with an eye on the salary cap and bottom line.

I realize you are not a fan of Colangelo and it should be no shock I am a fan. I think we've been through this conversation many times before. I'm going to respectfully bow out from any debate on his merits as a GM at this time. I don't think there is anything new that can be added right now and with so much flexibility currently at his finger tips, I'll wait to revisit my opinion until later this summer.

Comment

All I have to say is if you're going to argue or compare.
              You need something to equal the 2 exec of they year awards.

Comment

Working...
              X