New Jersey gave up their top 5 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey gave up their top 5 pick

TORONTO Vs NEW JERSEY final game of the season should be a good one right ?

I think if the pick if top-3, the Nets retain that pick. If it's anything else, the Blazers get it.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      I think if the pick if top-3, the Nets retain that pick. If it's anything else, the Blazers get it.
      Correct. I didnt like that trade for the nets. As good as Gerald Wallace is, if D Will leaves, they need some good rookies to rebuild. Right now, If gerald wallace opts out of his deal (which he can), they have a complete garbage team. I doubt they could even take on a NCAA team without a ligitimate nba player on that squad (with the argument against m brooks).

Comment

Still a hilarious trade
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Oh, no doubt. Cause Wallace is going to opt out. And the Nets are going to give him beaucoup l'argent to stick around in the fold.

Comment

I really don't get it. Why in the world would they trade there 1st rounders for Gerald Wallace. I mean Gerald Wallace is an ok player but to me you could get so much better in this draft. I don't really see the Nets being better next year.

The Nets are in panic mode, they're moving the Brooklyn with no star attraction but are completely operating the wrong way, they should have used the Oklahoma City model and built a team up through the draft which helps building a fan base in the process.

Comment

If they didn't bother with Deron Williams, they would have had Favors, Kanter (or Valanciunas, or Walker or Knight) and a pick this year to build around (not to mention Lopez) - that's pretty solid. Instead, they decided to rush things and just messed everything up.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Oh, no doubt. Cause Wallace is going to opt out. And the Nets are going to give him beaucoup l'argent to stick around in the fold.
                I meant more the "top 3 protected because they only like 3 players in the draft" aspect but yeah that's funny too
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

They did that because Stern will rig the lottery for them, AD is going to Brooklyn and its the sad truth, Michael Jordan.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Who has the most money to spend this summer in cap room... ? Looks like NJ is taken that route if DW and GW opt out of their contracts.

Comment

bounty wrote: View Post
                      I really don't get it. Why in the world would they trade there 1st rounders for Gerald Wallace.
                      Because they were fearful of D-Will leaving town and so they made a move in an attempt to win now instead of later. If it had worked the pick would have been in the mid teens at the worst. It didn't work though and now they look like fools about to lose D-Will and a high lotto pick. This is when gambling goes bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X