Stephen A. Smith Strikes Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen A. Smith Strikes Again!

Just listening to the Dan Patrick show stream, and Dan Patrick had S. A. Smith on as a guest. His big news "Lebron & Bosh are joing Wade in Miami!" I'm pretty sure most on this board hate this guy, as do I so I'll keep this short and hope it doesn't turn into a "I hate Stephen A. Smith" thread.

Anyway, he did his normal "my sources say" BS, and Patrick questioned him asking if this was a done deal, he smartly claims, nothing is ever done until its signed. Interesting that S.A. Smith said that Bosh would likely want a sign & trade, and Lebron would walk. Interesting that after Dan Patrick got S.A. Smith off the phone they pretty much said the move likely wouldn't work out.

Well I'm sure there's a re-cap on the DP website so I'll try to link to it, here goes!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/?eref=sihp

Well I'm going with my gut in thinking that S.A. Smith is a wack job, and if Bosh leaves Colangelo works something out so we get value back, but I'm in the camp that believes Miami has no assets to work out a sign & trade for Bosh. (I'd assume a 3 way deal is the only way we get value with Bosh heading to Miami)

Thoughts?

Who knows? ESPN.com is reporting LBJ and Bosh are leaning towards heading to the Windy City. I dont really care until Thursday.

Comment

huh?

I thought sources told Steven A last week that lebron was going to the knicks? It's pretty sad that someone actually employs this idiot.

Comment

Lebron, Wade and Bosh mentions in the media are reaching Brett Favre levels of irritation.
        Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

It's amazing to watch the media go nuts over free trade this season. I'd love to be annoyed by SAS, but frankly I only have two interests in Bosh right now:

a) Is he staying?
          b) If no, then what are we getting for him?

Honestly, I could care less where he ends up if it isn't Toronto. I only care how the Raptors turn out.

As an aside, while I notice the media are LOVING the idea of all these players on one team, I think it's a rather strange thing to hope for. Do we really need an NBA version of the Yankees? Is baseball really the sport we want the NBA to emulate? I'd rather watch paint dry than baseball.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            Lebron, Wade and Bosh mentions in the media are reaching Brett Favre levels of irritation.
            Haha idk if i'd take it that far. At one point ESPN was reporting on the conversation Favre had with his wife and daughter at breakfast.

Comment

geebee wrote: View Post
              It's amazing to watch the media go nuts over free trade this season. I'd love to be annoyed by SAS, but frankly I only have two interests in Bosh right now:

a) Is he staying?
              b) If no, then what are we getting for him?

Honestly, I could care less where he ends up if it isn't Toronto. I only care how the Raptors turn out.

As an aside, while I notice the media are LOVING the idea of all these players on one team, I think it's a rather strange thing to hope for. Do we really need an NBA version of the Yankees? Is baseball really the sport we want the NBA to emulate? I'd rather watch paint dry than baseball.
              i hope not and don't think he is.

i hope it isn't any players that will just take up a space on the roster and eat up minutes.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

This guy is a piece of sh*t !!
                "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

There is a sign outside the Canadian border with his face on it:

Comment

Screw SAS for not attend our draft party last week. He's the American "Marty York" of sports media credibility.
                    RR OG

Comment

Working...
                    X