These Imminent Second Half Collapses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Imminent Second Half Collapses

Seriously, what is the issue and how we ALWAYS fall apart during the 3rd quarters when we have these massive leads heading into halftime? It is terrible coaching by Jay for not making changes soon enough? Is it conditioning? Is is terrible clock management? What is it?

I don't get how a team can give up these 20+ point leads so easily and we're seriously one of the only teams who can have a lead this big and never be safe. This isn't just this season. This has been a problem since the Mitchell era began.

What's the problem and how do we fix this?

It seems like the raptors need to not be leading by 20+ points at half. Their embarassing their opponents into making a run to salvage some dignity in front of the home fans. vs. Indy they were just flat out tired with a back 2 back. vs. Ny they were rested and weathered the storm. Though I'll admit when they got it to 8 I couldn't help but think about the Indy game.
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

A team that doesn't play defense, is streaky on offense and plays at a higher pace will never be in full control of a game. Phoenix, GSW and the Knicks are examples.

There's nothing to be surprised about here. The C**tics went up 10 and maintained that lead all game long because they play D, what are the chances a team like Toronto maintains a lead like that? Zero.

Comment

Lack of consistent D and that killer instinct are the main contributers imo. But yeah, giving up massive leads seems to be ingrained in the Raps for the past 2 or 3 seasons. It's extremely frustrating to watch.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Lack of consistent D and that killer instinct are the main contributers imo. But yeah, giving up massive leads seems to be ingrained in the Raps for the past 2 or 3 seasons. It's extremely frustrating to watch.
          Forgot about killer instinct, that's a major personnel deficiency on the Raps. Reggie Evans is a tough guy but he's nowhere near somebody who can instill an ideology of stepping on people's throats. His effort can be contagious and he'll show the young 'uns to play hard even when things aren't going well, but that's something totally different.

Comment

Nice to see the Dinos hold on to a significant half time lead for once! The Mavs made their little run and cut it to 8 a couple of times, but the Dinos showed some resilience and blew the game wide open late in the third. Very nice. Maybe they have some killer instinct after all?

Comment

Working...
            X