Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors beginning the Season and What to expect going into the new year (2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors beginning the Season and What to expect going into the new year (2011)

The beginning of the 2010-2011 season was disappointing to me, being one of the teams to lose their all stars to the Heat, I expected the Raptors to be much, much better than Cleveland, don't get me wrong they really, really are (if your not following their record they are 8-25 and are just terrible, they also own 3 former raptors. Jamario, Joey and Anthony Parker)

however we are also not doing to well with a 11-21 record placing 11 in the East. Considering the amount of injuries we have it's a barely record (in my opinion).

How our players played (my opinion)

Andrea: Played well until he got injured, much speculation on if the Raptors need him or not.

Joey Dorsey, Ed Davis: hard working, i was really happy with their efforts and offensive rebounding.

Young Onez: Playing with a lot of heart and soul out there, there have been growing pains for all of them but its comforting to know that their best games are to come.

Jose: Passing great and scoring decently, uncharacteristic turnovers are killing the Raps tho.

Bayless: playing with lots of heart, a tough kid.

Barbosa and Kleiza: Need to regain preseason form

Julian Wright: Always plays well WHEN he plays

(Im not writing about Ronald Dupree (am i spelling that right?) or Solomon Alabi because they dont really play).

10 things I expect going into the new year are...

1. at least 15 more wins

2. A big trade that will benefit the Raptors (possibly Kleiza, Barbosa, etc)

3. The Young Onez WILL NOT lose a member (The reason is because they all have so much potential, the average age is 22.6

4. Demar to get to a new level of playing and become a lot more consistent

5. Andrea to finish the year with 20 points a game. (even if he's traded which i dont think will happen)

6. Bayless to take over the starting point guard position for a small portion of the remainder of the season.

7. Calderon to stop making retarded turnovers

8. Joey Dorsey will become a part of the Raptors rotation even when all of our players are back.

9. Sonny Weems will not get his starting 3 spot back.

10. Derozan will receive a larger role in Tdots offense and get a load more touches down the road.

What yall think? what do you expect? what do you disagree with? what do you agree with?

You'd have to be smoking crack to think Bayless would make for a better pure PG then Jose.

Comment

its not that he would be better suited but i just feel that Jose's turnovers will really make Jay consider starting Jeryd, if you look really closely it is obvious that Bayless plays much better starting

Comment

Jose: Passing great and scoring decently, uncharacteristic turnovers are killing the Raps tho.
        Some of his TO's are brutal of late

Bayless: playing with lots of heart, a tough kid.
        No doubt.

Barbosa and Kleiza: Need to regain preseason form
        Kleiza has made a great comeback the last 6 games before the Celtics game.

Julian Wright: Always plays well WHEN he plays
        Always plays HARD when he plays. Saying he has always played WELL when he plays means you haven't seen all the Raptors games.

10 things I expect going into the new year are...

1. at least 15 more wins
        With 33 games down and 11 wins (11-22), that is not a stretch considering there are 49 games left. The Raptors only have to go 15 and 34. For draft positioning and Bargnani/BC haters, great. For Raptor fans, not so great.

2. A big trade that will benefit the Raptors (possibly Kleiza, Barbosa, etc)
        Something will happen given BC's history and assets which include TPE, expirings of Peja and Reggie plus some decent players that could help a contender and cheap young players

3. The Young Onez WILL NOT lose a member (The reason is because they all have so much potential, the average age is 22.6
        Amir and DD are here for the longterm. Sonny has played his way out of town.

4. Demar to get to a new level of playing and become a lot more consistent.
        He's already started but as usual CONSISTENCY is his mountain to climb.

5. Andrea to finish the year with 20 points a game. (even if he's traded which i dont think will happen)
        If he doesn't he'll give nothing to his loyal supporters who defend him (ha- pun).

6. Bayless to take over the starting point guard position for a small portion of the remainder of the season.
        When Calderon is injured or if traded, no doubt. When Calderon is healthy or at least playing, no way.

7. Calderon to stop making retarded turnovers
        History is on his side.

8. Joey Dorsey will become a part of the Raptors rotation even when all of our players are back.
        Only in cases of foul trouble *cough*Amir*cough* He isn't taking minutes from Bargnani or Davis.

9. Sonny Weems will not get his starting 3 spot back.
        As he threw it away, probably not. As long as Kleiza stops putting it on the floor, it is his to lose.

10. Derozan will receive a larger role in Tdots offense and get a load more touches down the road.
        The last few games is showing it is deserved. However, he has to continue to play with aggression.

Comment

i can't disagree with anything you said there, lately im starting to realize that sonny is not playing too well and Kleiza is a upgrade at that position. Thanks for your input and your opinions , the bayless thing is just because he has played with such determination and with all he has.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            1. at least 15 more wins
            With 33 games down and 11 wins (11-22), that is not a stretch considering there are 49 games left. The Raptors only have to go 15 and 34. For draft positioning and Bargnani/BC haters, great. For Raptor fans, not so great.
            oh gosh i cant wait till all the bc lovers wake up and turn on him

Comment

What about Reggie?
              What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Working...
              X