Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo Is Really Going to Hate This

New web site
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Already been posted, where have you been???

Comment

And which part am I hating? The discounted ticket or the free shirt?

Comment

I am confused with the look of the onez....why the sadness or the scowl? They are happy guys from what I have seen. Is mlse behind the site? Are they selling something thats dressed up?

Comment

It looks like they themselves(Sonny, Amir and DeMar) could be behind it. I'm not sure what's to gain by separating themselves from the team and suggesting that they're more "special" or "important" than anyone else though.

Comment

I just threw-up in my mouth - this whole thing is f%#&ing ridiculous

Comment

I don't understand what they have to gain by marketing themselves in this fashion. It's one thing to have a nickname for a group of a few guys who happen to be good friends, but this places way too much emphasis on three players who are not even if the upper echelon of talent on their ball squad. I'll take the "International Flavor" strategy over this NWA drivel any day..."We are the heart and soul of T.O." ? What the hell? Have I been watching the wrong team? I love the unity there, and have high hopes for these guys, but this is getting out of hand in terms of a marketing angle.

Comment

Oh Jesus, I just checked out the "Chants" section of the website and I regret having done so. "Awkward" is an understatement. I feel downright uncomfortable.

Comment

Honestly, what have those 3 done so far, nothing new of last season minus Amir pathetic 2 game performance so far.

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                    I don't understand what they have to gain by marketing themselves in this fashion. It's one thing to have a nickname for a group of a few guys who happen to be good friends, but this places way too much emphasis on three players who are not even if the upper echelon of talent on their ball squad. I'll take the "International Flavor" strategy over this NWA drivel any day..."We are the heart and soul of T.O." ? What the hell? Have I been watching the wrong team? I love the unity there, and have high hopes for these guys, but this is getting out of hand in terms of a marketing angle.
                    Why NWA?

Why not Public Enemy or Boogie Down Productions or Brand Nubian or Gang Starr or De La Soul or A Tribe Called Quest?

Why compare these basketball players to one of the most the most negative vile rap- not hip hop, groups to ever put words on records?smh Is that how you view them outside of basketball?

Folks who have a problem with this nick name subject- get a clue......Sherlocks...it's all fun & games...smh

Anywayz the name Young Onez is pure wackness. The Young Ridahz or The Young Guyz (still could use the YG'z) sounds alot better to me but whatever the case they are the Young Gunz to me and most folks out there who follow the Rap's.
                    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 1, 2010, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Or they could actually do something to deserve a nickname, you know, to earn their "badge of honor".

Comment

Making it to the NBA is doing something alot of us will never ever accomplish ie hoop dreams....smh

Sitting on the sidelines with no guidelines....smh

Comment

haha. Young Guyz sound really stupid. And NWA is still cool.

Arse already covered this but i'll reiterate cause i agree. It's nice to have 3 young players amongst all the TO hating that want to stay here and call it their home. But it would also be nice if they were, yknow, good...
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Man, i was at the game on Friday. There was like 10 kids sitting in the "youngonez" section. totally looked like MLSE planted them there too. they were chanting "demmarrr demar demar demar", one of the tunes it promotes on the site. PATHETIC. They even looked embarassed to do it.

Comment

Bogut has his own section for about 40 crazy fans in Milwaukee, what's wrong with them starting the same sort of thing here? At least they're trying to do something for the fans, unlike most of our past/present players.

Comment

Working...
                              X