Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STREAMING: Lithuania vs Serbia 1:15pm EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STREAMING: Lithuania vs Serbia 1:15pm EST (FIBA U19 Latvia 2011)

Find your stream here.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/new...8023/arti.html this is a link that I found about teams trying figure out how to shut down Jonas. that says something to his ability to be a game changer doesn't it?

What do you think?

Comment

Anything can happen, Lithuania lost to Croatia, who just lost to Poland...

So part of the excitement is to see how Jonas deals with the adversity, the Serbian team obviously made a game plan around his talents.

Comment

JV is being over-hyped

As a Raps fan its great to see that JV is playing so well, but fans are hyping his play WAY too much. Averaging 24-15 with a few blocks against kids is no indication he will play well at the NBA level. It def shows that hes above the rest at his age, but that means nothing once he gets to the NBA this season or the next.

Hes clearly got potential, but people relax- hes playing 17-18 year olds, of which only a hand full will even have a shot at playing in the NBA.

On a side note, the game should be sweet. Two of the world's great basketball nations over the past 40 or so years.

Comment

Jackson wrote: View Post
          As a Raps fan its great to see that JV is playing so well, but fans are hyping his play WAY too much. Averaging 24-15 with a few blocks against kids is no indication he will play well at the NBA level. It def shows that hes above the rest at his age, but that means nothing once he gets to the NBA this season or the next.

Hes clearly got potential, but people relax- hes playing 17-18 year olds, of which only a hand full will even have a shot at playing in the NBA.

On a side note, the game should be sweet. Two of the world's great basketball nations over the past 40 or so years.
          The fact that most raptor fans have called him a major bust, then he turns around and while no other rookie is playing, completely dominates a league of players his age..? And in the workhorse-like style that he has. The hype may seem overblown, but thats only because it shouldve been a lot higher than what it started at and now that people realize JV is EXACTLY the type of player we've been having wet dreams about, his stock is flying like no other. Basically some of this extra hype is just compensating for the lack of hype during the draft, and we should all be really glad that JV has proven himself to be the anti-bargnani (besides hitting that 1 3pter.. ew..)

Also, style of play follows you no matter what league, no matter what age of competition (as long as it is competitive). What I love about jonas is HOW he plays, not his stats, I dont think his stats mean anything in an U19 league
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Jackson wrote: View Post

While over-hyping is not recommended, I think comments likes these near the other extreme.

Top NCAA players play against other NCAA players around their own age who the majority will never have a shot to play in the NBA yet these top players are hyped.

JV had a stellar year as an 18 year old against grown men - much stiffer competition than he would have faced in the NCAA especially considering not a single NCAA C was taken in the top 12 picks, only 2 PF's one of which thinks he is a SF (Williams and Thompson), and only 2 NCAA C's in the entire first round (Johnson and Vucevic). Now he is getting a chance to play versus his own age group and totally dominating - as he should - and the comments are relax? What if he was doing this in the NCAA?

I'm excited and I'm glad to see many around here are as well. Excited is much different than over-hyping.

Comment

...and watching basketball is fun, and ATM its the only basketball we can watch.

(seeing him dominate the championship is not a negative)

Comment

Arg vs Rus is a crazy third place game.
                2 3pt shots, 2 3pt plays, in the last 40 seconds of the game. damn its tight, 1 pt game 13 seconds left.

Comment

Anyway looks like I got the time mixed up again, lol.... here is the stream i am watching now... ARG 72 - 75 RUS

Comment

Ok here is the stream

Comment

Jonas stripped of the ball to start the game

Comment

Nice jumper

Comment

Lol easy fellas. Im as happy as you to see a Raps pick playing well against players his age, I just personally think it isn't too much to get excited over. Perhaps as enlightenment said its a matter of people undervaluing the selection when it was made. But some of the quotes Ive read on this website ARE over-hyping his play in the U19. Like hes proven that hes worthy of a top 5 pick. All Im saying is that to me its still inconclusive, and as a disappointed Raptors fan of the past I would simply urge caution.

Dont think thats being negative. Im still a JV fan and hope he proves all the haters wrong.

Comment

Prediction: Jonas leads all NBA rookies in defensive 3 in the key fouls.

Comment

He's just forcing his way in

Comment

Working...
                              X