Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOOPSWORLD: Toronto Raptors - BIGGEST SLEEPER TEAM - according to Kennedy

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sunday-top...-sleeper-team/

Kennedy's assessment of Lowry was particularly interesting: "Dealing a first-round pick for Lowry was a steal for Toronto. It may have been the most underrated acquisition of the summer. Lowry was exceptional last year, playing at an All-Star level for the Houston Rockets prior to missing games due to a bacterial infection. He’s one of the best defensive point guards in the league. On the offensive end, he’s improving as a shooter and he’ll make his teammates much better with his excellent court vision. He’s also great at drawing fouls and he’s statistically the best rebounding point guard in the league. Lowry is a difference maker. Not to mention, he’s already emerging as a leader in Toronto, which the Raptors desperately needed."

Honestly...... I know it's only been 3 regular season games.... but HOW THE HECK DID WE GET THIS GUY?? LOL sooo glad Nash chose to play for the Lakers!!! Lowry was the best PG we could have realistically acquired. And just by looking at the Harden deal (not saying he's as good as Harden)... but we definitely bought low, by just giving up a 1st round pick in a weak draft. Props to BC for that move.

“Which team is the biggest sleeper entering the 2012-13 season?”

“Toronto Raptors. After a busy summer, the Raptors enter this season with high expectations. The message coming out of Toronto is that this team is much better than last year’s squad, which won 23 games, and that making the playoffs is a realistic goal.

The Raptors bring back their core from last season while adding key contributors such as Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields, Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross.

Dealing a first-round pick for Lowry was a steal for Toronto. It may have been the most underrated acquisition of the summer. Lowry was exceptional last year, playing at an All-Star level for the Houston Rockets prior to missing games due to a bacterial infection. He’s one of the best defensive point guards in the league. On the offensive end, he’s improving as a shooter and he’ll make his teammates much better with his excellent court vision. He’s also great at drawing fouls and he’s statistically the best rebounding point guard in the league. Lowry is a difference maker. Not to mention, he’s already emerging as a leader in Toronto, which the Raptors desperately needed.

The Raptors are much better with Lowry running the team and they still have Jose Calderon, who will either be an exceptional sixth man or an attractive trade chip that Toronto can move for another contributor prior to the trade deadline.

If Andrea Bargnani and DeMar DeRozan can take the next step in their development, Toronto should be able to grab the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference. Bargnani showed glimpses of brilliance last year and, if he can stay healthy, he seems poised for a breakout season. DeRozan regressed last season, but he’s expected to step up and produce in a contract year.

The Raptors are flying under the radar entering the season, but they could end up being the biggest sleeper in the league. They have plenty of talent and if they can mesh under head coach Dwane Casey, this team should be able to exceed expectations and make the playoffs for the first time since 2007-08.” – Alex Kennedy
    Last edited by bhattmagandhi; Mon Nov 5, 2012, 05:27 PM.
    "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
    ------------------------------------------
    "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Nice find.

Alex Kennedy is the opinion I respect most at HW.com so that makes me forget the grain of salt I usually take when reading that site.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Nice find.

Alex Kennedy is the opinion I respect most at HW.com so that makes me forget the grain of salt I usually take when reading that site.
      Yeah I agree, he's objective and holds no bias when analyzing the game. Kennedy seems like a prophet with his description of Lowry. I don't think any of the Toronto media (or fans) expected Lowry to be this good. But Kennedy almost sounds like he predicted it before the season began.
      "Be true to the game, because the game will be true to you. If you try to shortcut the game, then the game will shortcut you. If you put forth the effort, good things will be bestowed upon you. That's true about the game, and in some ways about life too." ~ Michael Jordan
      "Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit at home and think about it. Go out and get busy." ~ Dale Carnegie

Comment

P.S. Kyle Lowry is currently ranked #1 in Fantasy Basketball according to Yahoo lol

Comment

bhattmagandhi wrote: View Post
          P.S. Kyle Lowry is currently ranked #1 in Fantasy Basketball according to Yahoo lol
          No duh! Nearly averaging a triple-double, not to mention a steals leader!
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Nice find.

Ugh, I don't trust any of them. Honestly, I trust your opinion more than any of those smug idiots. I'd love to dangle some twinkies over a well and watch Kyler and Brigham disappear.

I used to write for them, and I really enjoyed it, but then I found myself getting tired of how much we had to 'love' everyteam. I like to call it the Brotherston effect. It's too bad too, these guys know a lot, but are so close to the action they've become to enamored by all that glitters.

Ok that's my rant (not really a good one either).

I'm amazed that there hasn't been more on Lowry, and i genuinely have no idea if that's because he's up in Canada...hope not.
            i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

LOL where there goes our best player out with a sprained ankle, lets hope this is a blessing in disguise so that our team can come together without him. That way when he comes back we'll be even stronger? Wishful thinking?
              Buschfire

Raptors fan since day 1.

Comment

Buschfire wrote: View Post
                ...Wishful thinking?
                I predict the team will totally fall apart and lose in a miserable game everyone will want to forget.....oh look. I was right.

Comment

Working...
                X