Tor-sac / tor-det

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tor-sac / tor-det

I think the Raptors should build this team like the 2000-01 Lakers not to say that DeMar is Kobe 2.0 but he will become a bonafide star in the next 2-3 years, possibly in his prime years but the question is will he remain as a Raptors. Here is what I propose a trade with the Kings in the summer

Toronto out: Resigned Lowry, Jonas V, 2016 1st round pick, 2014 2nd round pick (OKC)
    Toronto in: Isaiah Thomas, DeMarcus Cousins, 2014 1st round pick

Next we get rid of Fields

Toronto out: Fields, Amir Johnson, 2014 1st round pick (Top 20th)
    Toronto in: Resigned Greg Monroe, Tony Mitchell, Det 2nd round pick

We get a high pick from the Kings so we draft one of Exum or Smart.
    Let Vazquez Walk
    Sign Vince Carter to the vet minimum
    Sign Lavoy Allen 2 years 8mil contract
    Draft a Project SG with Det's 2nd round pick (Jabari Brown, PJ Hairston, Nik Stauskas, or Bogdan Bogdanovic)
    Draft a third string C in the late 2nd round pick (Johnny O'Bryant, Jordan Bachynski, Alec Brown)

Next Year's Lineups
    I.Thomas/Smart or Exum/Stone/Nando De Colo
    DeRozan/John Salmons/Project SG
    T.Ross/V.Carter/Tony Mitchel
    Monroe/Patterson/Hansborough/
    Cousins/L.Allen/Third String C

We still have a solid lineups with some key backup veterans.
    I.Thomas > D.Fisher
    DeRozan = Kobe Lite
    T-Ross > Eddie Jones
    Monroe > Glen Rice
    Cousins = Shaq Lite

We have a chance for an Eastern Conference Finals Run and compete with teams like the Heat or the Pacers

You sure aren't holding back are you

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
      I think the Raptors should build this team like the 2000-01 Lakers not to say that DeMar is Kobe 2.0 but he will become a bonafide star in the next 2-3 years, possibly in his prime years but the question is will he remain as a Raptors. Here is what I propose a trade with the Kings in the summer

Toronto out: Resigned Lowry, Jonas V, 2016 1st round pick, 2014 2nd round pick (OKC)

Let Vazquez Walk
      Draft a Project SG with Det's 2nd round pick (Jabari Brown, PJ Hairston, Nik Stauskas, or Bogdan Bogdanovic)
      Draft a third string C in the late 2nd round pick (Johnny O'Bryant, Jordan Bachynski, Alec Brown)

Next Year's Lineups

I.Thomas > D.Fisher
      DeRozan = Kobe Lite
      T-Ross > Eddie Jones
      Monroe > Glen Rice
      Cousins = Shaq Lite

We have a chance for an Eastern Conference Finals Run and compete with teams like the Heat or the Pacers
      Two problems with this
      1. Isaiah Thomas is a free agent after this season and teams are gonna over pay for him because he's a young PG with avg's of 20&6
      2. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN IN A BILLION YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Let Vazquez Walk

Next Year's Lineups

I.Thomas > D.Fisher
        DeRozan = Kobe Lite
        T-Ross > Eddie Jones
        Monroe > Glen Rice
        Cousins = Shaq Lite

I'm sorry but they would never give Boogie and Isiah away for Lowry , JV, and a pick... Thats two all-stars there
        Nevermind what haters say,
        ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

chch166 wrote: View Post
          I'm sorry but they would never give Boogie and Isiah away for Lowry , JV, and a pick... Thats two all-stars there
          I wouldn't want Cousins in Toronto, the guy is putting up nice numbers but he's got a bad attitude and thinks he is the leader of that team, meanwhile Sac are super crappy with that guy for a reason.

Comment

This trade is freaking ridonkulous.

Might be great from a fan perspective, but not so great from a team perspective.

You're overhauling most of the roster, and while it looks pretty good on paper, see 2012-2013 Lakers.

Our team is winning, who knows what this group will do next year.
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I admire Cousins' talent, but I don't like his attitude. I would keep Amir and his selfless, play for the team attitude and go for a young PF in the draft.
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Those other two teams would say no to these deals long before the Raptors start thinking about Cousins' attitude.

Comment

Let Vazquez Walk

Next Year's Lineups

I.Thomas > D.Fisher
                  DeRozan = Kobe Lite
                  T-Ross > Eddie Jones
                  Monroe > Glen Rice
                  Cousins = Shaq Lite

Masai might need to greatly expand his staff to be able to handle all of this.

Comment

Working...
                  X