unpopular opinion thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unpopular opinion thread.

The raptors are stuck in mediocrity. Not good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round. Not terrible enough to draft someone who can take us to the next level needed to win a championship. Having to throw money at free agents like kyle lowry next year, there isn't money left to bring a star. All this homerism from our media and raptors republic feels like giving the retarded kid at school a pat on the head for not screwing up. We didn't sit here twiddling our thumbs since '06 to end up in the same fucking place in 7 years. rinse and repeat. It is further cementing us as the atlanta hawks of this generation and makes me want to throw the fuck up. Masai is the flavor of the month until the fanbase realizes how tough a position he has put himself in.

go.

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    throw the fuck up.
    Don't do that!

I guess my unpopular opinion would be the opposite of yours. Or that I'm willing to gamble on KL.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Lowry makes me very nervous and I think it'd be a blessing in disguise if he lands a big money deal elsewhere.

Comment

Comment

Well, this summarizes this thread:

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
            Well, this summarizes this thread:

This summarizes every single one of my posts on RR
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The raptors are stuck in mediocrity. Not good enough to get past the 1st or 2nd round. Not terrible enough to draft someone who can take us to the next level needed to win a championship. Having to throw money at free agents like kyle lowry next year, there isn't money left to bring a star. All this homerism from our media and raptors republic feels like giving the retarded kid at school a pat on the head for not screwing up. We didn't sit here twiddling our thumbs since '06 to end up in the same fucking place in 7 years. rinse and repeat. It is further cementing us as the atlanta hawks of this generation and makes me want to throw the fuck up. Masai is the flavor of the month until the fanbase realizes how tough a position he has put himself in.

go.
              1. You are expecting posters on raptors republic to all share your negativity? Would much rather an overly positive fan base than the opposite, what a miserable experience that would be.

2. Wondering what Masai has done wrong so far....two good trades, perhaps he could've reacted fast after the raptors showed signs of serious improvement after the Gay trade and offloaded Lowry for a bag of chips, but it ain't that easy.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                1. You are expecting posters on raptors republic to all share your negativity? Would much rather an overly positive fan base than the opposite, what a miserable experience that would be.

2. Wondering what Masai has done wrong so far....two good trades, perhaps he could've reacted fast after the raptors showed signs of serious improvement after the Gay trade and offloaded Lowry for a bag of chips, but it ain't that easy.
                No! No! don't fall into his trap. it's an unpopular opinion thread! don't debate
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Crap. Sorry

Yeah, don't let the raptors good run and likeable team make you puke mate

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post

OH NO,

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

go.
                      I'm sorry you feel that way. Hope you are wrong.

Comment

go.
                        Within here lies a good talking point which I can relate to.

If tanking was the plan, well, it didn't work out. Like all decisions they need to be readdressed when new information arises. The new information with the Raptors is, regardless of circumstances such as injuries and tanking, they are a good eastern conference team right now.

I think Masai leaves the team as is for now and reevaluates post season, draft night, and in to free agency. I would not be surprised to see just about anyone moved on the team after this season is done, though. Keeping the team together means the Raptors are going to be relying on internal/organic growth moving forward.

They've come this far and, if Masai is to be believed, they have earned to right to finish the year.

After this year, no holds barred.

But in the meantime enjoy the best basketball since the early 2000's.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Within here lies a good talking point which I can relate to.

If tanking was the plan, well, it didn't work out. Like all decisions they need to be readdressed when new information arises. The new information with the Raptors is, regardless of circumstances such as injuries and tanking, they are a good eastern conference team right now.

I think Masai leaves the team as is for now and reevaluates post season, draft night, and in to free agency. I would not be surprised to see just about anyone moved on the team after this season is done, though. Keeping the team together means the Raptors are going to be relying on internal/organic growth moving forward.

They've come this far and, if Masai is to be believed, they have earned to right to finish the year.

After this year, no holds barred.

But in the meantime enjoy the best basketball since the early 2000's.
                          Damnit MATT, why do you have to be logical in this thread. Now I gotta respond logically. So here goes:

For all the negative points brought forward by this and other related threads, what does a franchise do when they've surrendered assets to be bad for the lottery and then the top players decide to come back for another year in college? Then what?

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                            Lowry makes me very nervous and I think it'd be a blessing in disguise if he lands a big money deal elsewhere.
                            yep
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Damnit MATT, why do you have to be logical in this thread. Now I gotta respond logically. So here goes:

For all the negative points brought forward by this and other related threads, what does a franchise do when they've surrendered assets to be bad for the lottery and then the top players decide to come back for another year in college? Then what?

Take the BPA?

And anyone who is hoping that one year in the top of the lottery is going to automatically field a winner absent significant injuries is delusional.

Building through top end of the lottery is a multi-year endeavour which takes patience and persistence to see it though. Few GMs are willing to do it because losing for a significant stretch is a great way to be out of a job. Those that do take that route need to make the most of their decisions (like Presti) versus make significant gaffs (like Grant).
                              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Feb 5, 2014, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X