Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramon Sessions please

Ramon Sessions opts out

Even if you don't amnesty Calderon with all that cap space could get you two people from this list - and still wait on Bayless for another year to see if he stays healthy.

Sessions is a guy who I would be comfortable throwing money at. He can solve your point gaurd issues and give you that shooter to keep defense honest. Still young and has upside.

A great pro who has shown improvement each year.

Keep #8 and move forward with

Sessions + John Lucas
    or
    Sessions + Jonny Flynn

session + ....??

Deron Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $16.4 million – Player Option ($17.8 million)
    Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns – $11.7 million – Unrestricted
    Aaron Brooks, Phoenix Suns – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
    Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
    Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted
    Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks – $8.6 million – Unrestricted
    Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks – $10.7 million – Unrestricted
    Leandro Barbosa, Indiana Pacers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted
    Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets – $2.1 million – Unrestricted
    Derek Fisher, Oklahoma City Thunder – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
    Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers – $4.3 million – Unrestricted
    Jonny Flynn, Portland Trail Blazers – $3.4 million – Unrestricted
    Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics – $2.2 million – Unrestricted
    Ishmael Smith, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Ramon Sessions, L.A. Lakers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)
    Jeremy Lin, New York Knicks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*
    Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
    Baron Davis, New York Knicks – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
    John Lucas, Chicago Bulls – $0.9 million – Unrestricted
    Darius Morris, L.A. Lakers – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Terrell Harris, Miami HEAT – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Carldell Johnson, New Orleans Hornets – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    DeAndre Liggins, Orlando Magic – $0.5 million – Unrestricted*
    Ronnie Price, Phoenix Suns – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
    T.J. Ford, Golden State Warriors – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
    Anthony Carter, Toronto Raptors – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
    Roger Mason, Washington Wizards – $1.1 million – Unrestricted
    Jamaal Tinsley, Utah Jazz – $1.2 million – Team Option ($1.3 million)
    Donald Sloan, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
    Manny Harris, Cleveland Cavaliers – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
    Courtney Fortson, Houston Rockets – $0.2 million – Unrestricted*
    Mike James, Chicago Bulls – $0.6 million – Unrestricted
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

sessions blows
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      sessions blows
      so short, yet so powerful. hahaha

i was actually a fan of Sessions till i saw him play with the lakers.
      He doesnt seem to have a jumpshot, which i think for a PG is quite vital, since most of your shots will probably come at the end of the shot clock, or kickouts. He's a good slasher, but at 26, i dont think he can still improve that jumpshot.

Pass.

Comment

I'd rather keep Calderon and re-sign him for another season or two, than sign Sessions to be a starter. He'll be too in demand to sign for backup money/role.

Comment

There has to be a reason why he has been in the league for 5 seasons and has played for 4 teams....
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            There has to be a reason why he has been in the league for 5 seasons and has played for 4 teams....
            He was behind Kyrie irving in CLE Jennings in Milwaukee

tbihis wrote: View Post
            the shot clock, or kickouts. He's a good slasher, but at 26, i dont think he can still improve that jumpshot.

Pass.
            HUH?
            in the last two years he is .450 from 3 and almost an 80% ft shooter.
            The lakers dumped fisher and traded for him. Granted he did not gel with kobe but I think LALA land and all the glitz of a playoff run was a tough adjustment for any 3rd year player.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post

HUH?
              in the last two years he is .450 from 3 and almost an 80% ft shooter.
              The lakers dumped fisher and traded for him. Granted he did not gel with kobe but I think LALA land and all the glitz of a playoff run was a tough adjustment for any 3rd year player.
              Except he is a 5th year player...as to his shooting percentages, he does shoot from 3 at a pretty good clip, he just shoots from everywhere else on the floor like crap. He has had a lower overall FG% than 3 point% the last two years, not good when you a threat from deep, it should open things up for you.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I actually like Ramon Sessions, but I wouldn't make him a priority. He has improved his 3point shooting over the last few years, his PER would rank him in the Raps' top 3, he is pretty efficient. His defense isn't much of an upgrade though.

I like Bayless better.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

He opted out of a contract that would have paid him $4.55 million, so he's looking for a 5-6 mil (MLE) per season deal for the next 4-5 seasons. No thanks. His performance in the playoffs was brutal. He was often lifted for Steve Blake. I'd rather keep Calderon and take a flyer on a guy like Scott Machado in the second round.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    He opted out of a contract that would have paid him $4.55 million, so he's looking for a 5-6 mil (MLE) per season deal for the next 4-5 seasons. No thanks. His performance in the playoffs was brutal. He was often lifted for Steve Blake. I'd rather keep Calderon and take a flyer on a guy like Scott Machado in the second round.
                    wow I am reading all this and I can't believe people would not see value in session for 5-6mill. He had rough go with Lakers but he could be had for 60% the price of calderon.

I would rather do that with cap space

Sessions + +lucas + Bayless + #8

or Sessions +lucas + Bayless + Gay (amnesty Calderon)

better than Calderon + Deng

Comment

Goran Dragic is the man if we want a ufa.

Comment

What...

Behind Kyrie Irving, shouldn't it be the other way around if he was good?

And Jennings...?

As for the Lakers, anything was better than Fisher at the starting point.
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

wow I am reading all this and I can't believe people would not see value in session for 5-6mill. He had rough go with Lakers but he could be had for 60% the price of calderon.

What value? And amnesty-ing Calderon in favour of Sessions is a horrible idea. In no way is Sessions better than Calderon.

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of Calderon but I don't think Sessions is 60% the player Calderon is.

He played good in the 23 regular season games with LA, however, once teams scout and adjust, I think his decline in the playoffs was noteworthy. I do not think he is as bad as he showed in the 12 playoff games but somewhere between LA regular season and playoffs is his true ability - likely what he showed in the regular season in Cleveland.

Giving Sessions $5-6M per year has Marcus Banks written all over it in my opinion - and it was Colangelo who gave Banks that contract *it was not BC who gave Banks the contract - thank you planetmars*. This is the type of free agent signing I hope BC stays away from - average to slightly below average players on above average contracts.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jun 19, 2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I'm not a huge fan of Calderon but I don't think Sessions is 60% the player Calderon is.

He played good in the 23 regular season games with LA, however, once teams scout and adjust, I think his decline in the playoffs was noteworthy. I do not think he is as bad as he showed in the 12 playoff games but somewhere between LA regular season and playoffs is his true ability - likely what he showed in the regular season in Cleveland.

Giving Sessions $5-6M per year has Marcus Banks written all over it in my opinion - and it was Colangelo who gave Banks that contract. This is the type of free agent signing I hope BC stays away from - average to slightly below average players on above average contracts.
                              I researched Banks' contract.. it wasn't Bryan that gave it to him. Banks got that extension on July 20, 2006. Colangelo was with Toronto making deals in March of 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X