Being opportunistic with the IND situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being opportunistic with the IND situation

Now that PG24 is out and with the loss of Lance, it would be wise for IND to trade their aging David West with 2 years 24 Mil left in his contract. its a big IF but IF they do throw the towel in next season and put West in the trade market, should the Raps make a play for him?

i think he will be a great fit with this group. A great vet with still game in his tank and might JUST put us over the top to may be reach ECF.

its completely just a speculation and it doesn't hurt discussing during the basketball low point that is the off season.

Also, if we are going to get him what do you guys think it will take for us to get him?

Discuss..

Not sure I want to pay $12mm a year for a marginal upgrade who is turning 34 this month.

If we're going to make moves, we either need to make small, shrewd, opportunistic moves or massive, powerhouse moves. The in-between stuff is quite often too high a risk for too small a reward.

I think the only piece on Indy that might be a nice fit for us is Ian Mahinmi. Vet backup C with solid defense and playoff experience.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
      I think the only piece on Indy that might be a nice fit for us is Ian Mahinmi. Vet backup C with solid defense and playoff experience.
      If they're tanking, I don't see what's wrong with a straight up chuck for mahimi swap.

They get an expiring while we get a solid backup. All kinda depends on how bebe plays though...
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Chucky and Laundry plus a first for David West. or trade for Luis Scola and start Patrick Patterson. Prefer West for Offense.

Than you move your minutes for Amir to backup center for JV. David West and PP at power forward and JV and Amir at center with Pyscho as the 5 th member for injury minutes. Than in 2016 the team can reload their Pg and Power forward position if they wish.

Leadership from David West in conjunction with Lowry and Amir if you wish to extend him as the back up for JV. can you extend Amir for two years at 2/12 as in reality Amir is no longer a starter.

Comment

Toronto has trouble feeding the low post. Either they aren't able or willing. Using West in the high post with JV might work. If West makes Hibbert useful in the low post then JV could really dominant.

Comment

I don't really like this move if it happened

He doesn't fit with this teams offense really. We are a young team, and while West is great in the halfcourt system, he isn't a transition guy. He doesn't space the floor that allows JV to go to work, or let DD & Lowry slash. Plus, West would be tired from running pindowns all game for DD & Ross.

I like Kevin Love, he fits in the teams approach, but thats a risky move.
            I like Kevin Durant, cause he's an obvious need at SF and he's Durant, but it will be hard to pry him from OKC.
            I like Harrison Barnes, because he's someone that could be had for cheaper than his value, and could be an impact player at SF.
            I like Tobias Harris, and he could be had for cheap because he's stuck in a crowded frontcourt in Orlando.

Moves like these have the potential for impacts, and help us right away to be honest.

Comment

In hindsight, trading Granger away looks like an even bigger mistake. I feel terrible for George and wish him a full & speedy recovery. The loss of an all-star is always easier when your team has depth. I hope he'll be ready to go in 2015-2016. #redwhiteandbleed

Comment

Barnes or Harris- what players or picks would you trade for either of these players.

Comment

#vulturesarecircling #notdeadyet #vilepredators

Comment

Will DeMar make the Usa team now that Pg's out? He played well in the scrimmage and plays similar to George.

Comment

A_magic_head wrote: View Post
                      Will DeMar make the Usa team now that Pg's out? He played well in the scrimmage and plays similar to George.
                      Demar isn't an elite defender like George, nor is he an elite 3 point shooter, but he is a very dynamic offensive player. He showcased that by scoring 16 points during the USAB showcase.

I think that Derozan can make the team, but I don't think that he would be a starter. I think that if anything, DD would come off the bench as a 6th man to provide a lethal scoring punch. Then again, I would love to see Derozan playing his heart out on both ends of the floor and starting at the SF spot.

I would go for Mahinmi as a backup. He is a terrific backup big.

I wouldn't go for West because Patterson has the same sort of game, and if anything, we need a back-to-the-basket PF/C who can be a threat from the low post. JV and Amir are both solid at this, but I am hoping that they can improve their production in the paint this coming season.
                      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Man the Pacers will suck big time, I don't see them making the playoff this year and might be in the lottery

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                          Not sure I want to pay $12mm a year for a marginal upgrade who is turning 34 this month.

If we're going to make moves, we either need to make small, shrewd, opportunistic moves or massive, powerhouse moves. The in-between stuff is quite often too high a risk for too small a reward.

Agreed. Too much money for marginal gains.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                            Man the Pacers will suck big time, I don't see them making the playoff this year and might be in the lottery
                            We should be a lock for top 4 seed if not higher depending upon Dereick Roae and Cavs.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              We should be a lock for top 4 seed if not higher depending upon Dereick Roae and Cavs.
                              D Rose.

Comment

Working...
                              X