Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo admits to trying to tank at Sloan Conference

http://nba.si.com/2014/02/28/bryan-c...ptors-tanking/

“Admittedly, I tried to tank a couple of years ago,” Colangelo said during Sloan’s basketball analytics panel. “I didn’t come out and say, ‘Coach you have to lose games.’ I wanted him to establish a winning tradition and culture, but I wanted him to do it in the framework of playing and developing young players.

Think we all already knew that, but still WOW!

Comment

You're not supposed to outright admit it. Does Bryan still want to work in basketball? The Knicks could use him.

Comment

Even Sam Hinkie won't outright say he's tanking, and his team has given starts to Sims, Moultrie, Orton, Lavoy Allen, Elliot Williams, Hollis Thompson, and Tony Wroten
        @Boymusic66

Comment

No big deal him being honest. The league considers tanking legitimate strategy.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ely-a-strategy
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

No big deal.

The whole culture thing is clearly referring to Casey's first year.

And like most things in toronto he failed at that as well.

Comment

Really? B.C tanked to draft Terrence Ross? Hahaha this guy is even bad @ tanking! You don't tank for the 8th pick! It has to be at least top 5
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Not surprised. If you saw the end of year news conference he would always say I think we won more games than we would have liked to. But the fact that last game was the difference between lillard and ross is huge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Colangelo was on a panel today discussing basketball analytics with SVG, Lowe, Steve Kerr, Brad Stevens and Mike Zarren. I watched the 2013 panel discussing a similar topic (great watch if you have the time).

His comment about tanking is fine (he's not working so should have no problem publicly admitting what he was trying to do). What's more interesting is that he's actually on a panel talking about analytics when he had guys like Bargnani and Gay on his roster.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Colangelo was on a panel today discussing basketball analytics with SVG, Lowe, Steve Kerr, Brad Stevens and Mike Zarren. I watched the 2013 panel discussing a similar topic (great watch if you have the time).

His comment about tanking is fine (he's not working so should have no problem publicly admitting what he was trying to do). What's more interesting is that he's actually on a panel talking about analytics when he had guys like Bargnani and Gay on his roster.
                    He's not working and will probably not for the foreseeable future. Shit like that you keep under wraps. Would've loved to see his move had the Cavs draft JV. He's an idiot.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

While we knew this, I think the 'wow' moment is not so much tanking as it is an NBA GM openly admitting to doing it and breaking the so called unwritten rules of such tactics.

Comment

Or he's trying the "Hire me! I have absolutely no shame!" approach of job-hunting.

Comment

Walmart is hiring.. just sayin

Comment

Maybe he figures his days as a potential NBA GM are over. That's really the only thing I can see from this. Maybe he's attempting to help other GM's by showing them what not to do?

Also figures that Casey has no comment on the matter (via Twitter).
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Well by him admitting this I'm pretty sure nobody is gonna hire him as a GM
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                              X