Nets Executive Lights Up Fans During a Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets Executive Lights Up Fans During a Game

CEO Brett Yormark, usually one of the most fan-friendly executives in the league, got into a heated confrontation with a spectator
    With the Nets trailing 79-67 between the third and fourth quarters, Yormark left his courtside seat and passed Chris Lisi of Middletown, N.J., who was sitting in the second row and wearing a paper bag over his head. Yormark then walked back toward Lisi, and in full view of reporters and photographers got into a shouting match with Lisi and a pal.

As Yormark jabbed his finger toward Lisi as he shouted something, Lisi pulled out a pair of tickets and waved them back at the CEO, who then stomped away as security personnel approached.

A Yormark spokesperson said the executive had no comment regarding the incident, but Lisi claimed that Yormark had incited it by asking him why he had the bag over his head. When Lisi sarcastically answered, "Because the Nets are so good," Yormark snapped at him. Neither Lisi nor his companion, who joined in the shouting match, is a season-ticket holder, and they seemed to be unaware of whom they were arguing with.
    NY Daily Times

LOL, things are tense in Net's land. I think I might go with two paper bags on my head just to be safe.

With all the talk of NJ moving and thus playing the worst basketball ever, its ever wonder how people still go to see the game.

Putting a bag over your head is the perfect silent protest letting managment know they messed up.

I think NJN CEO should wear a bag over his head in shame.

Comment

Yeah I would be super-pissed if I was one of the 17 Nets fans in the world (seriously they had attendance probs back when they were in the finals) because tanking is one thing.... attempting to break the record for worst win/loss record is another.... Seriously, the lottery system doesnt even really reward the worst team (historically they rarely get the first pick) so atleast position yourself to win 20 games or so, or you're just going to alienate fans and future players.....
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

In a statement, Yormark said: “I did not agree with the way this person expressed his opinion of our team last night and I let him know. It’s been a frustrating season for all of us, but I will continue to stand up for our players, our fans, and our organization.”
        NY Times

Was it just me or is the guy wearing the bag not a fan? What about all those smiles that seemed to be around the fan. Yormark is such a hero though. He took the time in the middle of a game of his horrible product to belittle a paying fan who I think had it right. Yeah Yorman, continue to stand up for your own ego. Who cares about the bag guy when you have fans backing you like yourself.

Comment

In the end lack of support or fan pressure do help facilitate change.

I remember in Toronto, how a couple of fans got kicked out for having a sign that read: "Fire Babcock" and in the end Babcock did get fired.

Also alot of fan pressure wanted Peddie out and he did relinquish his president role.

So in the end, the fans buy the ticket and can therefore voice their displeasure.

The Boo birds in the ACC in the last 2 games does have an impact.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            The Boo birds in the ACC in the last 2 games does have an impact.
            The "boo birds" didn't surprise me last night. The amount of empty seats did. For a second last night I thought we were playing in New Jersey.

Comment

Follow-up:
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5039219

Excerpt:
              The chief executive of the New Jersey Nets will have lunch with a fan who recently wore a brown bag over his head to protest the team's woeful season.

Nets CEO Brett Yormark and Chris Lisi of Middletown will sit down for lunch Tuesday at the Nets' headquarters.

Lunch, of course, will be brown-bag style.

Comment

Damage control. They'll have lunch, give a empty apology and we'll never hear of this fan again.

Comment

Working...
                X