X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Illustrated is bang on!!

Toronto Raptors — Final grade: D+ | Record: 30-48, No. 10 in the East

Midseason grade: C- | Midseason record: 15-27, No. 11 in the East

Is Andrea Bargnani still on the roster? (Yes.) Did Bryan Colangelo really trade for Gay thinking he would make them appreciably better? (Yes.) Was Kyle Lowry’s first season in Canada full of more red flags than initially expected? (Yes.) Are there perhaps four contracts on the books that would be worth amnestying if it were legal? (Yes.) Did DeMar DeRozan try to shame John Hollinger for predicting Toronto would win 33 games, only to put up a below-average PER for a team that will win no more than 34 games? (Yes.) Do the Raptors, who are missing the playoffs for the fifth straight season, at least have a lottery pick to look forward to? (No, unless they land in the top three.) Does anyone expect management to answer to the realities behind this silly list of rhetorical questions that could go on all day? (Nope!) Did Terrence Ross win the Slam Dunk Contest? (He sure did, and it wasn’t too bad. Let’s agree to focus on that one.)

Pretty much what i've been saying all year.
    Mamba Mentality

TRex wrote: View Post

Is Andrea Bargnani still on the roster? (Yes.) Did Bryan Colangelo really trade for Gay thinking he would make them appreciably better? (Yes.) Was Kyle Lowry’s first season in Canada full of more red flags than initially expected? (Yes.) Are there perhaps four contracts on the books that would be worth amnestying if it were legal? (Yes.) Did DeMar DeRozan try to shame John Hollinger for predicting Toronto would win 33 games, only to put up a below-average PER for a team that will win no more than 34 games? (Yes.) Do the Raptors, who are missing the playoffs for the fifth straight season, at least have a lottery pick to look forward to? (No, unless they land in the top three.) Does anyone expect management to answer to the realities behind this silly list of rhetorical questions that could go on all day? (Nope!) Did Terrence Ross win the Slam Dunk Contest? (He sure did, and it wasn’t too bad. Let’s agree to focus on that one.)

U should this to owners.....

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
      How? haha. I swear, Sports Illustrated is so bang on here. I don't think anyone can disagree with everything that was written here.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Nailed it.

What a joke.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
          I tweeted it to @Raptors and @RaptorsMR

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I tweeted it to @Raptors and @RaptorsMR
            They're just media...

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
              They're just media...
              I feel confident in saying I can guarantee BC reads those twitter feeds. No proof. Just a feeling.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I feel confident in saying I can guarantee BC reads those twitter feeds. No proof. Just a feeling.
                ...really?

Comment

Does anyone expect management to answer to the realities behind this silly list of rhetorical questions that could go on all day? (Nope!)
                  +1

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    They're just media...
                    The @RaptorsMR account frequently responds to negative comments, and this is definitely an article of interest. I would hope they see this and pass it along.
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

D+ is way to low. I'd say C+ considering the crazy up and down season we had, and the horrid start

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        D+ is way to low. I'd say C+ considering the crazy up and down season we had, and the horrid start
                        I don't think D+ plus is way to low. In fact I don't see it as low at all. From the start of the season Casey and the organization stated that the goal was playoffs. Even if they get ahead of Philly for the ninth spot, they were never really in playoff contention. (Except, maybe right after the Gay trade until they lost to the Bucks.) Also, how does shitting the bed at the start of the season warrant giving them a better mark? If the score was just for the final 1/3 of the season, then yes it should be higher, but I'm pretty sure that it's for the full season. I tried to find the article, but it wasn't linked and I couldn't find it on their site. If there is a link, would someone post it?

EDIT: Never mind I found the article, anyone else can find it HERE

I guess the article doesn't explicitly say whether it's for the full year or just from the mid-season on.

But yes, this has been a D+ season, IMO.

PS: I did however find out, that the Spurs released Stephen Jackson, because he and pop (reportedly) had disagreements about his diminishing role. #whataclown

LINK
                        Last edited by ezz_bee; Sat Apr 13, 2013, 03:27 AM.
                        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post

Can someone re-tweet this to Demar DeRozan to show who the real clown is and hopefully he uses this as a motivation to work on his D, ball handling,3 point shooting ,and calling people names when he cant back it up 0.o

Comment

I would say C+ simply because everyone found out JV isnt a wasye nor a joke, the kid is legit talent at a rare position in todays game. Bad start to end the season respectable playing around 500 ball since Gay acquisition. We Got Rudy Gay on the team for very little, which brings an even better outlook for next season.

C+ would have been fair imo D+ is looking at the negatives too much I think but you know there are a TON of negatives.

Comment

By the text book definition.. C is average, so C+ is slightly above average:
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grading...tion%29#Canada

This team was below average, so D+ makes sense in my opinion. JV prevents this team from becoming an F in my opinion.

When you don't make the playoffs and are almost close to luxury tax, and don't have a draft pick (either first or second round), a D+ is actually being lenient.

Comment

Working...
                              X