Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAMI: Will the Heat beat the streak?

The Miami Heat: SO HOT RIGHT NOW!

I was on NBA.com and saw they had a little poll going about whether Miami would match the current record, 33 game winning streak. My first thought, "Who cares if they tie the record?” My second thought, “No?” My third thought, “What does their schedule look like?”

Because I like answering my own questions almost as much as I like asking them I decided to pop over to the heat website.

THE GOOD NEWS: My internet was soo sh!tty that wasn’t subjected to any of the gross pictures or video content normally on display. In fact I didn’t see much of anything other than white screen and black text (Blue and underlined where appropriate).

THE BAD NEWS: It took me twenty-five African minutes (which, surprisingly, are the same length as the more familiar European minutes, American minutes, or even the sexually suggestive New York minute).

To save all loyal readers’ of the republic the time and effort to check out the Heat’s schedule, I have pasted it below. Games that are more likely to be steak ending *(ITAHO) have been bolded.

March Opponent
    Wed 20 @ Cleveland W
    Fri 22 vs Detroit W
    Sun 24 vs Charlotte W
    Mon 25 @ Orlando W Second game of a back 2 back also the road, but it’s also the Magic.
    Wed 27 @ Chicago Is D Rose Back?!?!? Does it matter? Does it matter in what way? Does it matter whether it matters in one way over another way? And what about the reverse?
    Fri 29 @ New Orleans W
    Sun 31 @ San Antonio Most likely place for streak to end.
    April Opponent
    Tue 2 vs New York ?????
    Fri 5 @ Charlotte W
    Sat 6 vs Philadelphia W Second night of a back to back, but it’s at home, and against the Sixers.
    Tue 9 vs Milwaukee W if no losses, this will be the game that sets a new record.
    Wed 10 @ Washington
    Fri 12 vs Boston
    Sun 14 vs Chicago
    Mon 15 @ Cleveland
    Wed 17 vs Orlando

The way I see it, Miami has a shot to break this record. However, the road passes through San Antonio, who may still be battling OKC for homecourt in the Conference finals.

I could have done a poll, but then I didn’t.

*ITAHO: In the author’s humble opinion, see *ICMUA2!
    *ICMUA2: I can make up acronym’s too.
    Last edited by ezz_bee; Tue Mar 19, 2013, 06:57 AM.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

I don't think a new record is a major goal for Miami and after a while it's hard to maintain the same amount of focus needed to keep on winning, so I think the streak ends against an oponent like Orlando ( a trap game)

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
      I don't think a new record is a major goal for Miami and after a while it's hard to maintain the same amount of focus needed to keep on winning, so I think the streak ends against an oponent like Orlando ( a trap game)
      I agree to an extent. Have you see Lebron in the 4th the past few games? He's determined to win. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost a trap game, but I also wouldnt be surprised if they didn't lose again this season.

Comment

am i the only one who secretly hopes they do win every remaining game this season.... and yet, simultaneously hates them?

i want them burned the fuck out come playoff time.

nothing would make me happier than seeing the bane of david stern, the san antonio spurs, proving that their decisions to rest their stars and even give them days off on grueling road trips, paying off in the end.. and the golden boys of the nba marketing team, ultimately failing because their bodies couldn't keep up with the requirements of their over exposure

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          am i the only one who secretly hopes they do win every remaining game this season.... and yet, simultaneously hates them?
          I don't quite hate them, but I do want them to break the streak, because that's cool. I also want them to lose in the playoffs. To anyone, unfortunately, I think only OKC or SA have a shot.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I would love to see the Heat win again. They've built so much mental strength, and togetherness ever since their joining together in the off-season of 2010. Plus, LeBron James is amazing to watch, I never had the opportunity of watching Jordan live on TV, or whatever, but he seems to be the closest in terms of the 'wow' factor.
            I mean, 6'8, 250 pounds or something like that, run like a deer, jump like a kangaroo, strength of a bull. He's so skilled and athletic at the same time.

Dwayne Wade is having one hell of a season, and Chris Bosh is playing solid ball as of late during this streak. Their team is so fun to watch. I certainly hope they break the streak.

P.S I've watched a lot of Jordan replays, I know what I'm talking about, but never really felt the greatness lol, I mean, they're replays! But, he was amazing to watch.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              I would love to see the Heat win again. They've built so much mental strength, and togetherness ever since their joining together in the off-season of 2010. Plus, LeBron James is amazing to watch, I never had the opportunity of watching Jordan live on TV, or whatever, but he seems to be the closest in terms of the 'wow' factor.
              I mean, 6'8, 250 pounds or something like that, run like a deer, jump like a kangaroo, strength of a bull. He's so skilled and athletic at the same time.

Dwayne Wade is having one hell of a season, and Chris Bosh is playing solid ball as of late during this streak. Their team is so fun to watch. I certainly hope they break the streak.

P.S I've watched a lot of Jordan replays, I know what I'm talking about, but never really felt the greatness lol, I mean, they're replays! But, he was amazing to watch.
              i DESPISE michael jordan... in a purely basketball sense, he's the second coming of hitler... if i ever got within range of him, i'd try my damndest to spit directly in his mouth any chance i got..

i grew up a sonics fan... not sure if you'd understand, but anybody who grew up in the era would understand... there's good reason for a sonics fan to hate him

but even given my hate... i'll easily admit, he's the greatest thing to happen to basketball... both on the court, and off of the court..

when somebody breaks your heart that many times... he's good enough to earn your animosity... and every single time you cheer against him afterwards, he feeds you more and more reasons to hate him..

michael jordan was a different breed.. nobody today can even compare

he wasn't just an elite player... he was an elite team player.. those bulls teams, they didn't have a bunch of scrubs playing alongside "stars"... michael jordan made all those players relevant...

and when the game was on the line... jordan didn't just demand the ball... there was no demanding... there was no doubt... he was going to take the shot... and no matter how hard you tried to stop it, he was going to shit on your dreams

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i DESPISE michael jordan... in a purely basketball sense, he's the second coming of hitler... if i ever got within range of him, i'd try my damndest to spit directly in his mouth any chance i got..

i grew up a sonics fan... not sure if you'd understand, but anybody who grew up in the era would understand... there's good reason for a sonics fan to hate him

but even given my hate... i'll easily admit, he's the greatest thing to happen to basketball... both on the court, and off of the court..

when somebody breaks your heart that many times... he's good enough to earn your animosity... and every single time you cheer against him afterwards, he feeds you more and more reasons to hate him..

michael jordan was a different breed.. nobody today can even compare

he wasn't just an elite player... he was an elite team player.. those bulls teams, they didn't have a bunch of scrubs playing alongside "stars"... michael jordan made all those players relevant...

and when the game was on the line... jordan didn't just demand the ball... there was no demanding... there was no doubt... he was going to take the shot... and no matter how hard you tried to stop it, he was going to shit on your dreams
                Likely the most prolific athlete in the history of sports.

Comment

Well the streak ended tonight with a shorthanded bulls team! No Rose, no Noah, no Hamilton, and no Belinelli. The Heat totally underestimated them and it costed them their streak!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                    Well the streak ended tonight with a shorthanded bulls team! No Rose, no Noah, no Hamilton, and no Belinelli. The Heat totally underestimated them and it costed them their streak!
                    Eh, Miami was doing this in their recent wins of this streak. Letting teams have an advantage, and then take over. At the same time, the Bulls are no easy task regardless of sitting players, their defense is still top dog, and have solid players in Boozer and Deng.

Comment

what a amazing game though, got so chippy at the end. remember when i pleaded on the forum for the raps to draft jimmy butler? ughhhh. dude is awesome.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          that made me smile

Comment

Jimmy Butler is pretty good, even though he makes dumb mistakes sometimes

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Jimmy Butler is pretty good, even though he makes dumb mistakes sometimes
                              Yeah I agree, seriously underrated player. The Landry Fields of this season (Landry's rookie year by the way).

Comment

Working...
                              X