BC on Hedo: "Time has a way of healing things."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC on Hedo: "Time has a way of healing things."

God, I hope it doesn't heal anytime soon because I've already accepted that Hedo's as good as gone.

Colangelo also wouldn't rule out keeping Turkoglu.

"Time has a way of healing things." Colangelo said when asked if Turkoglu could still return to Toronto despite publicly stating he wants out. "Whether or not we move him will be based on whether or not there's a deal there that we feel makes some sense for our team.

"All the uncertainty would lead you to believe there's a lot of balls in the air, a lot of trade discussions happening right now. How the roster looks today, it's going to look entirely different I'm sure a few weeks from now when it all plays out. If it's the same, we have a lot of talent."
    Source - Click here

I hear ya.

The facts that: the guy has just given up on Toronto, goes back to play for Turkey just to spite Toronto fans who recognized his season-long instability and exhaustion, and his outright admission that he would like out of Toronto after one year of a rich contract... ugggh, just get rid of him. He's poison.
    It's about money

Comment

I think Hedo will be dealt.

"How the roster looks today, it's going to look entirely different I'm sure a few weeks from now when it all plays out."

This is what I find entertaining in general.

Comment

Keep in mind you always give the impression that the house is in order to preserve whatever trade value is left. I don't know if Colangelo will get rid of Turk, but I know there's zero chance that Hedo and Jose ever play together again in a Raptors uniform.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Keep in mind you always give the impression that the house is in order to preserve whatever trade value is left. I don't know if Colangelo will get rid of Turk, but I know there's zero chance that Hedo and Jose ever play together again in a Raptors uniform.
          Agree whole heartedly on the impression, but Turk is gone. BC was too angry when the story broke and for a collected guy, he doesn't show much.

Comment

Even though i think hedo is an idiot, I really wouldn't care if he was on the roster this year. If he does end up staying b/c his trade value was too low this year I really hope Triano delivers on his promise to take some plays from the magic's playbook.

Comment

It would have more meaning if its like : Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.

Comment

Can we just trade Hedo+13 pick for Corey Brewer +16 pick already ?

Comment

What Colangelo said about old quotes from Chris Bosh being used, was much more news worthy than his Hedo comments

Comment

Vellassco wrote: View Post
                    It would have more meaning if its like : Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations.
                    +1
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

BomKeyzi wrote: View Post
                      What Colangelo said about old quotes from Chris Bosh being used, was much more news worthy than his Hedo comments
                      and what was it he said?
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Interesting article here on trade kickers...who has them, who's had them and then been traded. Basically the article argues good players have them, bad players and/or players with bad contracts have them triggered. Wonder where Hedo falls in that category.

http://blog.shamsports.com/2010/06/c...e-kickers.html

Also, on Turk being a douchebag: it's directly netted him millions of dollars. First he renegs last minute on a deal made with Portland, and makes himself 3 million in the process. Then he quits on the Raptors (who he quit on Portland to play for) and pretty much demands a trade. If he's traded he makes an extra 6.5 million. So, for all his troubles (and by troubles, i mean those which he's caused for everyone else), he gets nearly $10 million in extra pay. Crazy.
                        Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Wed Jun 23, 2010, 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

"If it's the same, we have a lot of talent."

Where is he hiding it? I mean I guess the Raps have a lot of talent compared to a team without any players on it, but not compared to the rest of the NBA.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                            If he's traded he makes an extra 6.5 million. So, for all his troubles (and by troubles, i mean those which he's caused for everyone else), he gets nearly $10 million in extra pay. Crazy.
                            Is that in his contract?? Man I wish I could in on something like that at my work....

Comment

I have a feeling Colangelo is not happy with the offers he's gotten for Turkoglu and he's not going to pull the trigger on something he doesn't like. That being said, I see Jose being packaged with Bosh as most of the teams he's been attributed to need a PG (Miami, New York, Lakers). Looks to me like we'll be keeping Hedo for another season with a possible Jack + 2 3rd Stringer PGs rotation (Jack + Banks + ??).

Comment

Working...
                              X