Acy D-League Tracker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acy D-League Tracker!

Acy's triumphant return to the d-league was pretty meh...

117-108 Win over the Legends.

27:51 min, 4-8 FGM-A, 3-8 FTM-A, 4 Reb, 1 Ast, 11 Pts

Again it kind of sucks for Acy that the only other NBA player on the team is Mike Scott from the Hawks who after watching a bit of the game last night is definitely better than Acy and plays the same position.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

How do you watch the D-League games?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      How do you watch the D-League games?
      There's live streams right on the d-league site.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        There's live streams right on the d-league site.
        Disgusting.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Sadly on draft night, I actually thought Acy could be a rotation player. Boy was I wrong :|

Comment

D-League, like Summer League, is not a great place for a guy like Acy.

Very guard oriented with a lot of guys trying to get ahead vs. win.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

I don't think Acy is a good rotational player at this point in time. I think he could be. He has shown lots of energy this year and has solid fundamentals on his shooting stroke. A hustle guy who will mix it up and can hit his FTs is not a bad thing.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

I could be wrong, just my opinion.

I don't think Acy is a good rotational player at this point in time. I think he could be. He has shown lots of energy this year and has solid fundamentals on his shooting stroke. A hustle guy who will mix it up and can hit his FTs is not a bad thing.
              I agree that he could be. But on this roster, it doesn't look like he'll ever get the minutes to work on his game. There's only so much one can do in practice/film sessions/off-season.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                I agree that he could be. But on this roster, it doesn't look like he'll ever get the minutes to work on his game. There's only so much one can do in practice/film sessions/off-season.
                And there lies the problem.

The coach of a non playoff team playing veterans and losing.

At this point let the guys develop who at least have a shot at being here beyond another season or two.

Comment

At this point let the guys develop who at least have a shot at being here beyond another season or two.
                  Who's minutes should he be taking? You have to play Bargs, especially if he plays like he did in GS just to bring up his trade value. I guess you could say Amir but he wants to play and he deserves to play. Acy is barely big enough to play the 4 so I don't think he can play the 5. I think it's a good idea to send him down to the d-league.
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Agreed. Most of us been saying that since the start of last season!

I'm really starting to sour on BC, for his inability to find proper 'fit'. There are quality pieces on the roster, but they fit so poorly together. There is a quality coach in place, but he fits so poorly with a rebuilding team. I have issues with players and the coaching staff, but if there's poor 'fit' to begin with, then the plan was doomed to fail from the start.

I could really care less about Acy, but seeing Ross & Valanciunas get so little burn has been beyond frustrating this season.
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Mar 6, 2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Who's minutes should he be taking? You have to play Bargs, especially if he plays like he did in GS just to bring up his trade value. I guess you could say Amir but he wants to play and he deserves to play. Acy is barely big enough to play the 4 so I don't think he can play the 5. I think it's a good idea to send him down to the d-league.
                      Bargnani should be nailed to the bench. Putting him out there only undermines all the lip service to accountability and defense first that has been preached for 2 years.

Nothing he does is going to change his trade value. There is nearly 7 years to base it on. The final 20 games isn't going to change a thing.

The teams performance this year (Ws/Ls, defense) with Bargnani and without should also be an indication they are better off without him.

Comment

Bargnani should be nailed to the bench. Putting him out there only undermines all the lip service to accountability and defense first that has been preached for 2 years.

Nothing he does is going to change his trade value. There is nearly 7 years to base it on. The final 20 games isn't going to change a thing.

The teams performance this year (Ws/Ls, defense) with Bargnani and without should also be an indication they are better off without him.
                        Matt I get it. You're had it up to here with Bargnani. Me too man. Let's say we could magically trade Casey for any other NBA coach, I don't see any of them not playing Bargnani at all. Maybe I could see it if there was a draft pick involved but a top three pick at this point is pretty unlikely.

And I disagree when you say nothing at this point is going to change his trade value. Before his GS game writers (not just TO ones) were all saying how historically bad Bargs has been playing. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say GM's have been noticing too. If he has a few more games like he did in GS he could go from untradeable to streaky shooter. I mean it could mean getting 30 or 40 cents to the dollar instead of 10.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Summer League vs Raptors

I think you just described our play since Calderon was traded. The Raptors are not a great place to be for a young big man to develop.

Comment

Matt I get it. You're had it up to here with Bargnani. Me too man. Let's say we could magically trade Casey for any other NBA coach, I don't see any of them not playing Bargnani at all. Maybe I could see it if there was a draft pick involved but a top three pick at this point is pretty unlikely.

And I disagree when you say nothing at this point is going to change his trade value. Before his GS game writers (not just TO ones) were all saying how historically bad Bargs has been playing. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say GM's have been noticing too. If he has a few more games like he did in GS he could go from untradeable to streaky shooter. I mean it could mean getting 30 or 40 cents to the dollar instead of 10.
                            Thank goodness. I didn't think I was being clear enough. lol

You raise good points. I hope you are right.

Comment

Best of both worlds, give him AA's minutes

Comment

Working...
                              X