Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Title says it all, I was asking myself those two questions.

First, what is Hansbrough's contract situation right now? Do you think he will be back? And why?

Secondly, would you trade Salmons' contract for 1 year of Kendrick Perkins at 9M$?

Don't know about Hands Bro, and I would trade Salmons for Perkins if we get a first round pick.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Any kind of first round pick? I mean, we could also get a FA C or a rookie C for a lot less money.

Comment

Wouldn't trade Salmons for Perk unless we're getting some kind of pick in return. In that case I think I would because we could still use bird rights to resign most of our guys.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I personally would trade Salmons, only if they take Landry too. This is of course assuming that OKC would have the right to waive Salmons with only $1m, haha

Comment

If OKC gives us the 21st pick why not? Perkins could actually be a nice backup for us.

These are the kind of shrewd, paced asset accumulation moves that lead to teams like Houston and Boston having a shit ton of draft picks/prospects at their disposal to trade.

Comment

Yeah, I'm all for this move.
              By itself, a #21 pick means a bench player usually at best
              But package both picks + maybe Knick's first rounder + probably Derozan, and you got a really great offer @ Kevin Love.

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                Yeah, I'm all for this move.
                By itself, a #21 pick means a bench player usually at best
                But package both picks + maybe Knick's first rounder + probably Derozan, and you got a really great offer @ Kevin Love.
                But also, bench players for 1-2 mill are pretty crucial to winning.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

You don't take back Perkins unless you're getting a sweetener.

In this case the sweetener has to be #21 or if someone they really like is available at #29.

Comment

Btw the benefit of this trade for OKC is that they would be a little bit under the salary cap, and would also be able to add a MLE player without hitting the luxury tax threshold.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      You don't take back Perkins unless you're getting a sweetener.

In this case the sweetener has to be #21 or if someone they really like is available at #29.
                      I would gladly take the 29th pick. I'm sure there's someone worth giving a shot. Maybe even a stash pick for overseas. But I'd be pretty happy to get 20, 29 and 37 in this draft.

And Perkins isn't a burden. One more vet to play behind JV who would probably be a decent presence on the team. Just one year under contract and could even be filler in a mid-season deal if something significant is available.

Comment

If we trade Salmons for Perk and a pick and renounce Psycho T, our total cap hit after those moves and bringing back Amir is about $51 million. Assume re-signing Lowry, 2Pat and Greivis costs $20m all in (which is probably high side) and we're at $71m, which will leave about $6m for the rook signings and a possible MLE signing (like Vince Carter or whoever). If we can trade Steve Novak for literally anything that doesn't cost us cap space it'll be even easier.

So it's definitely affordable. It'll be tight, but affordable.

Comment

I believe MU will be able to work the cap in his favour.

But yes, i'd take Perk + 21st or 29th for Salmons. Salmons is as good as gone anyways, we get to address a Backup C, and get a pick? Why the hell not?

I don't think we'll be able to flip Novak/Hayes/Landry for anything. They're here until at least the Trade Deadline. Landry might be gone as part of a Salary Saving move from a team, and Hayes/Novak I believe have 2-more years left?

I'd like TH back, but I feel like we could use him as trade-bait, as salary filler. He'd be on a 1-Yr contract, and it's cheap too. We just don't have room for him with AJ/PP anymore. Would rather grab a pick back or something. Even if it's a 2nd Rounder.

Comment

Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

And who would you rather have, Tyler or Kendrick?

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                              Ok so you guys seem to all be for trading Salmons for Perkins and a pick. What makes me hesitant is that Perkins is paid 9M$. Wouldn't getting a FA C be a better option?

And who would you rather have, Tyler or Kendrick?
                              Tyler can't guard bigger Cs.

As for whether we could get a better backup C for cheaper, I believe so. Okafor could likely command less than that. But, Perk has been on winning teams. A bit of a headcase, but I think he can still be productive against second units.

Comment

Working...
                              X