Points to ponder:
1. Why hasn't anyone signed him yet (2+ weeks into the season)
2. He was here once already. Dont know if there was a offer but he moved on.
3. What kind of shape is he in and how long before he gets into game shape
4. It's amazing how many "lazy" opinions one can find about him
5. What is the motivation he would have playing for a team like the Raptors. At his age and after the Mavs. Why would he want to?
6. Apart from him providing inside presence (which we need) what is the long term return?
Houston's deal with center Erick Dampier fell apart, but the Suns are not getting involved yet. They had already cooled on the idea of signing him. But their rebounding issues are getting worse. Memphis was the only team ranked lower in defensive rebounding than Phoenix entering Monday.
Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...#ixzz14q1ggRwp
Meanwhile, the Raptors’ dalliance with free-agent centre Erick Dampier continues. Dampier spurned the Raptors originally in order to sign with the Houston Rockets, but that deal has fallen apart and Toronto GM Bryan Colangelo said in an e-mail “they called us back after Houston fell through … we are considering it now.”
Amid the mystery that surrounds center Erick Dampier’s decision not to sign with the Rockets, the only thing clear is this: Miami, Toronto and Phoenix have expressed interest in reigniting conversations with the free-agent big man. The Suns, sources say, were the latest team to inquire on Wednesday. The Heat, who earlier backed away from committing to Dampier, appear to have a different view now that their lack of size has been exposed in recent games against New Orleans (Okafor) and Utah (Paul Millsap.)