Rubio & Calderon \ Flynn & Kemba = Kawhi Leonard
Well the first domino has fallen:
T'wolves have reached deal with Rubio
Now the question becomes do the raps deal calderone for Flynn who is clearly on the move
As we all know Minnesota is a young team and trying to integrate a Spanish national might be the next most logical stop for the team oriented albeit slowing Calderon.
If this deal goes through there is NO WAY the raptors will draft Kemba or Brandon Knight (should he fall that far)... so what will happen.
(a) Draft Jan Vesely - Hell no! it wont happen - I promise you that.
(b)Trade the pick + Bargs in a package to Clippers for Deandre Jordan and Chris Kaman? Maybe..
(c) Draft another athletic wing player Kawhi Leonard from compton Demar's hood - that my best guess and nbadraft is saying the same thing
BC had a chance to draft Lamarcus Alderidge a guy who grew up in Bosh's back yard instead took EuroBargs - HE WILL NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE...
If they do draft Kawhi Leonard kiss sonny & jWright good bye bet on the return of reggie and BC is will likely use the TPE to talke back bad contract in a effort to move bargs and get a center.
3-team trade for #2 pick, in light of Rubio's decision
I posted this as a new topic in the Trade Proposals section of the RR Forum:
So in light of Rubio deciding to come play for Minnesota, I thought I'd revisit the Calderon-to-Minnesota rumor and address a few teams' needs.
- Calderon (to mentor Rubio and give Minny veteran leadership on the floor)
- Barbosa (they have no SG and he would also be another veteran that Kahn wants)
- #5 pick (from Toronto)
- Ridnour (PG/salary dump for Minny, would be veteran PG for Indy to pair with Collison)
- Ellington (end of bench player from Minny, purely for salary-matching reasons)
- Flynn (PG dump for Minny, would give Bayless good young competition for PG time in TO)
- Webster (salary-matching from Minny, more decent young wing depth for Toronto)
- Posey (salary dump from Indy, either bought-out or traded by Toronto)
- cash from Indy to help facilitate buy-out of Posey
- #2 pick (from Minny)
- #45 pick (from Indy)
* Toronto would have a few more options regarding which players to keep, trade or buy-out (Posey) --> I assume Toronto would draft Williams @ #2, or possibly Kanter
* Minny would go from Flynn/Ridnour to Calderon/Rubio at PG, would also add a veteran SG on an expiring contract in Barbosa (Webster is behind Beasley/Wesley at SF) and would still have the #5 pick to either use or trade
* Indy would add veteran PG depth (Ridnour) for the big expiring contract of Posey, a 2nd-round pick and cash; they would save $2M next season
I couldn't do the trade as-is, due to Barbosa not having exercised his option, but I did it with Kleiza/DeRozan acting as a place-holder for his contract, since they are roughly equal money. That trade did work on ESPN's Trade Machine