DOUG SMITH on the draft. says raps take KEMBA @ 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOUG SMITH on the draft. says raps take KEMBA @ 5

this is from the Golden State website. Dough smith thinks if the draft goes:
    1 irving
    2 williams
    3 knight
    4 kanter
    5 the raps will most likely select Kemba.

Also says the raps like kanter ALOT.

SOURCE : http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/roy...raft_2011.html

I would be not unhappy with either...though I lean towards Kemba primarily on his leadership (so important for the pg position) and general intangibles. I also have seen a report that Kanter has not impressed on the defensive end...though how one truly assesses that in a workout I wouldnt know. I wouldnt want Kanter if he is not committed to defense. I presume BC would be up on this if he were to fall to the Raps.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      this is from the Golden State website. Dough smith thinks if the draft goes:
      1 irving
      2 williams
      3 knight
      4 kanter
      5 the raps will most likely select Kemba.

Also says the raps like kanter ALOT.

SOURCE : http://www.nba.com/warriors/news/roy...raft_2011.html
      The list above is becoming more of a reality at this point. I cannot for the life of me see Kanter fall below 4. I simply cannot see it. As for the comments on D, I read that somewhere as well but he's a kid that hasn't seen real competition in almost two years. His conditioning, tenacity and size is what makes me drool. He looks like a tough SOB!!!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I will be shocked if there isn't a trade in the top four. And the Raptors won't take Kemba, it's Knight all the way for them.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
          The list above is becoming more of a reality at this point. I cannot for the life of me see Kanter fall below 4. I simply cannot see it. As for the comments on D, I read that somewhere as well but he's a kid that hasn't seen real competition in almost two years. His conditioning, tenacity and size is what makes me drool. He looks like a tough SOB!!!
          All it takes is one team to do something unexpected. If Golden State hadn't picked Udoh 6th, then Ed Davis probably doesn't fall to 13. Hell, Golden State should have picked Davis at 6th! Look at it this way. Kahn picks #2, and no one ever knows what the hell he is going to do. Utah picks third, and they selected Gordon Hayward last year when Davis, and Paul George were available. And I still have no idea who the guy is who's running the Cavs.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if one or more of the top five picks were traded. Maybe even to the Raptors!
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            All it takes is one team to do something unexpected. If Golden State hadn't picked Udoh 6th, then Ed Davis probably doesn't fall to 13. Hell, Golden State should have picked Davis at 6th! Look at it this way. Kahn picks #2, and no one ever knows what the hell he is going to do. Utah picks third, and they selected Gordon Hayward last year when Davis, and Paul George were available. And I still have no idea who the guy is who's running the Cavs.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if one or more of the top five picks were traded. Maybe even to the Raptors!
            I am in the camp of 'hope so'.

Comment

Last night I was thinking about the draft and started wondering...

What if neither Toronto or Cleveland has enough to pry the #2 pick from Minnesota on their own, so they all did a bigger trade that left Cleveland with Minny's #2 pick (along with their own #1) and Toronto with Cleveland's #4 pick (along with their own #5)...

Cleveland would probably take Irving & Williams, Utah likely would take Knight and Toronto winds up with both Kanter and Walker... then Toronto can wait until next year's draft to pick a stud SF...

The deal could be something along these lines:
              TO MIN: Calderon & Hickson
              TO TOR: Flynn & Webster & #4
              TO CLE: #2
              Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Jun 10, 2011, 10:52 AM.

Comment

lol, aint that the truth.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Last night I was thinking about the draft and started wondering...

What if neither Toronto or Cleveland has enough to pry the #2 pick from Minnesota on their own, so they all did a bigger trade that left Cleveland with Minny's #2 pick (along with their own #1) and Toronto with Cleveland's #4 pick (along with their own #5)...

Cleveland would probably take Irving & Williams, Utah likely would take Knight and Toronto winds up with both Kanter and Walker... then Toronto can wait until next year's draft to pick a stud SF...

The deal could be something along these lines:
                  TO MIN: Calderon & Hickson
                  TO TOR: Flynn & Webster & #4
                  TO CLE: #2
                  No way Calderon is enough to get the #4 pick. Maybe Bargnani.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

nbadraft.net has Kanter going to the Cavs 1st overall. I'm confused.

Comment

star_bury wrote: View Post
                      nbadraft.net has Kanter going to the Cavs 1st overall. I'm confused.
                      Man...that's NBAdraft.net for ya. I will give them credit cause it takes tome balls to make that bold prediction. If the Cavs aren't convinced Irving is that great then I guess it makes sense. But honestly, has anyone heard different that the Cavs ain't taking Irving first? This is just weird.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

No way Calderon is enough to get the #4 pick. Maybe Bargnani.
                        Oh for sure, I'm sure other pieces would have to be included from the Raps, in addition to Calderon. I was just outlining the starting point for a trade idea that seems to make at least some sense from all sides. I assume a fourth team might need to be included to make an expanded trade work, or even have it done as a couple separate simultaneous trades.

Comment

Kanter at #1 is ridiculous unless there are other moving pieces here. CLE could be working something with Minnesota to ensure that they get both Kanter and Irving (trade #2 for #4 and filler, for instance). In that case, Kanter/Irving go 1/2 to Cleveland, Williams goes 3 to Utah (Minnesota might probably prefer to avoid the Beasley/Randolph/Williams dilemma entirely), leaving Minnesota with their choice of Walker, Knight (neither is likely) or one of the Euro big men. That scenario would actually benefit TO at 5, since they would probably get a crack at Knight...

Then again, it could also just be nbadraftnet talking sh*t.

The true wild card for TO is whether Colangelo can broker a trade for a second pick using Bargnani and possibly Calderon as assets. I think something will happen, but I don't know if those assets are enough to get another top 10 pick or not.
                          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

If they take Kemba I'll be really happy but based on everything I've read, Colangelo's list of realistic options who may be there at #5 right now probably reads 1. Kanter, 2. Knight and 3. Walker. I would be happy with #1 or #2 by the way.

Comment

The only guys I do not want BC to select are Vesely and Motiejunas. As long as its anyone both those two I'd be happy.

Comment

Working...
                              X