The TV Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TV Thread

Seeing as there has been some discussion on other threads about tv shows and whatnot, I figure why not start a thread? Discuss your fav shows, recommend some, warn us off others etc.

Not a huge tv watcher myself, but some shows I do enjoy right now are TWD (The Walking Dead), Spartacus (just freakin' awesome) and Terranova (started off really promising but not so sure now).

So yeah, what else is good out there? Gonna have to check out Sons of Anarchy cuz you guys seem to be digging it.

Yeah, strongly recommending Sons. I need to get caught up. I've missed the last few episodes.

By the way, good idea.

Comment

flashpoint

rookie blue because it has hot chicks.

anything on AMC.

stay away from House because it's ridiculously repetitive.

Fringe is a good show. but, it will fuck with you if you watch it every week. Even harder than Lost fucked with you.

American Horror Story

Family guy ofcourse
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
        American Horror Story
        Just watched the first episode last night.... seriously, the most twisted thing i've ever seen put on tv... i like it

i'm just unsure how they'd be able to sustain it as a series... this kind of show deserves a MASSIVE body count... but their is a limited amount of primary characters to kill off

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
          Not a huge tv watcher myself, but some shows I do enjoy right now are TWD (The Walking Dead), Spartacus (just freakin' awesome) and Terranova (started off really promising but not so sure now).
          Terra Nova lost me... i REALLY wanted it to be good... but was initially worried it would be a modern day "Swiss Family Robinson goes to Jurrasic Park"... and with every passing episode, they prove me right.. i do love that the outcasts are called "Sixers" though...

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            Just watched the first episode last night.... seriously, the most twisted thing i've ever seen put on tv... i like it

i'm just unsure how they'd be able to sustain it as a series... this kind of show deserves a MASSIVE body count... but their is a limited amount of primary characters to kill off
            i know. same. i was watching it and was like this is seriously fucked and i like it.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
              i know. same. i was watching it and was like this is seriously fucked and i like it.
              my only complaint is they cut back and forth from the "halluncination" type scenes too abrubtly...

but, man... i havent seen proper "HORROR" done that well in a long time...

they even broke one of the taboos of horror and killed a child.. that set the tone of the whole thing for me.... kept me on edge the whole time

Comment

the real horror is the way he sees that made and what she actually looks like.

Comment

Wayans bros, dont know if it airs in canada anymore but i used to watch episodes on youtube and its the funniest show i've ever watched. Better than fresh prince

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, strongly recommending Sons. I need to get caught up. I've missed the last few episodes.

By the way, good idea.
                    I think I saw a preview for SOA to be on the new "FX Canada" channel. Anyone know if the "FX" channel preview is out yet? I'm with Rogers.

What exactly is American Horror Story about? And yes I realize I can just google it, but where's the fun in that?

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                      What exactly is American Horror Story about? And yes I realize I can just google it, but where's the fun in that?
                      it's a new horror series on FX... in a non-spoilery nutshell, it's about a dysfunctional family that moves into a haunted house

Comment

Terra Nova lost me... i REALLY wanted it to be good... but was initially worried it would be a modern day "Swiss Family Robinson goes to Jurrasic Park"... and with every passing episode, they prove me right.. i do love that the outcasts are called "Sixers" though...
                        Wow "a modern day "Swiss Family Robinson goes to Jurrasic Park"" is bang on. Yeah the premise was pretty cool and I had high hopes, but I just find the show meh now. Still, it's only been 4 or 5 episodes so I won't give up on it yet.

Comment

10 Excellent Shows You May Not Know About

I really really like Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, Weeds, Dexter, True Blood, The Wire etc, but I thought listing some shows that you may not have heard of could be useful. I use Zip.ca and I have friends who download stuff for free, so we are always on the look out for some interesting series. Here of some of my favourites that you may not have heard about that are worth checking out:

Luther - this is from the UK and is about a gritty, unstable homicide detective, who's life is in shambles. Very very good stuff.

Damages - law associate starts job at nasty nasty law firm and gets caught up in plotting, scheming, murders, backstabbing and a whole bunch of shit that would make Machiavelli blush. Good acting and writing. You never know what is going to happen next.

Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - 3 half-wit friends and one of their sisters open a bar in Philadelphia. Hilarity and hijinks ensue. Very funny show.

Treme - After hurricane Katrina, the people of Treme, an artsy area of New Orleans, try to get their life back to normal. Lots of music and famous musicians like Trombone Shorty.

Firefly - A cult favourite, but I hadn't heard of it until last year. Outlaw space adventures in the future.

Bored to Death - A rich hipster is bored with life so markets himself as a detective on Craigslist. Its pretty funny and the season is pretty short, so not much of a risk.

Nurse Jacky - Seemingly normal Nurse with a nice family lives a secret life of drug addiction. Each episode is only 22 minutes, so things just whiz by. Its billed as a comedy, but it seems like more of a drama.

Carnivale - Good vs Evil during the Great Depression played-out on the backdrop of a traveling carnival. High production values. A bit cryptic but rewarding if you watch to the end. It only has 2 seasons.

Californication - A laid-back author screws, drinks and tokes his way through life. My wife doesn't dig this show so much because there are always so many naked hot women. Funny as hell.

Deadwood - Western set in late 1800 lawless frontier town, where gold has just been found. Excellent writing and acting. They use period language so it can take a while to get used to.
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                            Firefly - A cult favourite, but I hadn't heard of it until last year. Outlaw space adventures in the future.
                            right on! firefly is one of my all time favourites. it's a shame netwrk heads are imbeciles and dont realize how good a thing they got.

i describe it to people as "it's like star wars... if EVERY character was in some way kinda han solo"

the movie tied it all up pretty good... and there was a graphic novel too

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Wayans bros, dont know if it airs in canada anymore but i used to watch episodes on youtube and its the funniest show i've ever watched. Better than fresh prince
                              ya, honestly it was a pretty good show. I use to watch it on BET and i'm white, no white people watch BET! you know besides the wiggers, and, I guess me.

I still think it's on BET, I don't know it use to be on at like 3:00 p.m., not sure anymore.

BTW, watched the first episode of Spartacus, liked the titties. But, the fighting scenes were a dissapointment.

Comment

Working...
                              X