How to Improve the Raptors
Ok guys, post your ideas
1) Drafts - Bradley Beal - 1st round
- Dion Waiters - 1st round (HOU pick)
2nd round - Jae Crowder (could be diamond in rough)
late 2nd rounder - Robert Sacre (Canadian Eric Montross type of player)
a) Toronto trade Jose Calderon + Linas Kleiza + Aaron Gray + 2013 2nd rounder
Houston trade Goran Dragic (resigns) + Chase Budlinger + 2012 1st rounder
b) Toronto trade Ed Davis + Gary Forbes
Phoenix trade Markieff Morris + Robin Lopez (in case Valanciunas can't be here by next year)
3) Resigns: Jerryd Bayless, Alan Andersen
- Beal should come off the bench in his rookie year until he proves he can be a legit scorer, if he can, we can package wither DeRozan or J.Johnson in the midseason for a legit veteran 3
- I doubt Valanciunas will be here next year since his contract runs three years with last year option, so most likely he will be here when 2013-14 season comes along. With A.Gray gone, i don't see Magloire being a starter but since he decided to resigns with the Raps, i see R.Lopez as our starting C unless R.Sacre proves he can start at this league, we can also go with a combination with Bargs and Amir at C when situation are dire.
- Dragic is a poor man Steve Nash but definitely a younger replacement for Calderon. Waiters is a interesting prospect although i would much prefer Marshall or D.Lilliard if they are still on board.
- Sixth Man: Jerryd Bayless, he must prove to this league that he can bring 10+ ppts, 3asts by coming off the bench for us next year. Chase Budlinger, he's better than Jason Kapono, at least he tries for the slam dunk contest.