Yeah I am going with A.
This is an excellent thread btw.
you should add like an hour between each where people can guess who they are based on the reports then reveal it
That's a good idea... I was trying to think of way for people to guess without ruining the whole idea behind the thread, which is to remove the sexiness of names. I could close the voting at 10 with a message and then have an hour for guesses. The drawback to this is that it is pretty late for some that are involved in this and they may not get that chance.
The other idea I had was to start a "sister" thread (another thread just for guessing), where you guys could go and guess after you placed your vote... it would increase the bragging rights aspect of this idea. What do you guys think?
Round 1 - Match 3
First off, the winner of Round 1 Match 2 is:
A)Harrison Barnes - 13 votes................ B)Quincy Miller - 3 votes
Barnes moves on to the Elite 8!
Would you rather have...
- Solid guard build and size, wiry frame, long wingspan
- Great athleticism, excellent quickness, acceleration and burst, change of pace, springy, can push tempo and excel in transition
- Aggressive scorer, penetrating guard and good finisher, gets to free throw line frequently
- Point guard skill set, Unselfish player, excels as a “drive and kick” player attacking the basket and finding perimeter shooters, good feel for when to pass and score at point, tight handle, potential as pick and roll player
- Gamer, makes shots out of pure competitiveness, confident, good basketball IQ, good rebounding guard
- Can play off ball, spot up shooting threat and good 3-point shooter with deep range, can be used at two guard
- Shooting mechanics, shoots ball in front of his right eye until last moment, doesn’t set his feet, elbow bent far out wide, shoots off balance and kicks out his feet from distance
- Can play out of control, easy target for charges, shot selection can get iffy and will force attempts
- Not that great of a passer and distributor, accuracy decent at best, doesn’t routinely put passes on the money, assist totals exaggerated by excellent perimeter shooters on team and not creating for them
- Defensive effort is lackadaisical, doesn’t show much effort or intensity manning the perimeter, goes through the motions
- NBA scoring guard build, above average length (5.3% wingspan greater than height differential), filled in muscular frame, wiry
- Explosive athlete, blistering quick first step, super agile, springy leaping ability, solid body control, change of direction
- Quick strike ball handler with a killer crossover, hesitation, spin move and sick step back move; shifty, great change of pace
- Unlimited shooting range, NBA 3-pt. range, can get in “the zone” as a shooter”, great spot up threat and equally dangerous off the dribble
- Ice cold scorer, super confident, clutch shooter, ‘go to’ player in crucial moments, premier Iso weapon, very aggressive, superb attack mode
- Underachiever as a creator and distributor for teammates, can be selfish, volume shooter
- Very right hand dominant ball handler, will go right almost every time, needs continued work with off hand and going left
- Shot selection can be dicey, takes lots of contested shots with defender in his face, will try to do too much
- Needs work honing a midrange game, everything is a drive or 3-pointer
- Questionable effort on the defensive end, has the lateral quickness but lacks focus and commitment, subpar shot contester, gambles unsuccessfully too much in passing lanes
Let me know if we should start another thread that can be strictly used for guessing who these players are. The point of that thread would be to check it AFTER you have voted and getting some bragging rights for guessing the players.
Also I changed the letters in case people aren't looking at the current matchup.
player b for me please
your yellow is a bit hard to see. personally i dont mind waiting until the next round to see who the players are.
but after showing who they are after round 1 voting what about round 2? are there different write ups?
F sounds like he'd be more succesful so I'm down for F
ha. didnt see we were off a and b. i chose f
Player F. I like how it says player F is "shifty", which is a skill mastered by Jamed Harden. That's awesome to have.
player E please ... no volume shooters allowed!
Yeah player E. Sounds like he has the higher ceiling, most of his "need to improve's" can be worked on without a doubt in the NBA.
Thanks for the feedback. I will be using different types of scouting reports for each round.
Put me down for E.
Only need one Bayless on a team at a time.
E sounds like a shooting guard that wants to be a PG, not thanks, put me down for F
hahaha i thought the same bayless type comparison.... but I'm still drawn to F
My miiiiiind is keeps telling me Eeeeeeeee, but my NBA IQqqq, my NBA IQqqqq is telling meee Ffffffffffffffff.
Ain't nothing wrong with a little bit of deliberation.
This one's tricky, as both players seem to have some contradictions in their strengths/weaknesses. I'll take PLAYER F.
I like the "unlimited shooting range" and "ice cold scorer" aspects of player F. I also think his passing and defensive weaknesses would be much more easily improved by a quality NBA coach.
I choose F. By the way, I think this is super smart :
Round after round, you could see high profile players fall to strangers, could be exciting !
This one is much tougher. Can I choose neither?
If I had to pick one over the other, I think I would go with E. Don't like the 'selfish' quality of F which completely turned me off of him.