Also, remember Jack came in to be the back-up to Calderon.
Kyle Lowry has already been penciled in as the starter, and point guard for the future. That already has a huge difference to it.
Jack is a good back-up, average starter.
Lowry was one of the better back-ups in the league time ago, now arguably a top 10 point guard....
I'm not so sure he's been 'penciled in' as the starter. Casey said that Jose and Kyle will be battling for the starting job. But we all know who will come out on top anyways.. I'm on the 'K.Low is a top-10 pg' bandwagon
It's such BS. Honestly, if Lowry doesn't start, I'll be very disappointed. Obviously, Lowry and every single player on that roster will have to earn their minutes, but there is no question Lowry is the best point guard on the team.
If I were to rank the top 10 point guards in my opinion: (Based on last season)
1. Rondo - Phenomenal point guard, so good at getting everyone around him involved.
2. CP3 - Can make an argument for #1, but Rondo had a better overall run.
3. Parker - One of his better seasons of his career
4. Nash - Despite being on a bad team, he was once again a league leader at getting people the ball.
5. D. Williams - Bad team, but a good statistical last season.
6. D. Rose - Ever with an injury, he was the reigning MVP, and when playing, extremely hard to guard.
7. Russel Westbrook - Being a point guard myself, I like the pass first guy, but can't deny how good he is, explosive scorer.
8. Kyle Lowry - The most underrated point guard in the league, great on the glass, and both ends of the floor.
9. Kyrie Irving - Rookie. Easily the best rookie, Rubio a close second. This guy was extremely entertaining to watch.
10. John Wall - As much as he's been fairly disappointing last season, he has the potential with a new team, to jump from 10, to top 3. This guy has a great game. Just needs to put it all together.
Honourable Mentions: Ty Lawson, Jason Kidd.
So, this list, all in my opinion, Lowry is 8. But, to be honest, I don't think there is a bad starting point guard in the league.
I think that's just Casey being politically correct as to not deflate Calderon too much ;)
The whole world knows who our starting PG will be come October 31st.
That is exactly how it is.
BC and DC were gushing over Lowry in the first few days after the announcement. Calderon and/or his agent were fuming and the rumours of a trade request came up. Since then BC and DC have toned down the raving over Lowry and have talked about a competition for the starting PG spot. But really, does anyone believe that?