Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan is the 2nd best SG in the East

Michael Wallace ‏@WallaceNBA_ESPN

More I see him, more I'm convinced DeRozan is quietly 2nd-best SG in the East. He just doesn't get much attn in Toronto
    Come at me

Is Michael Wallace respected source?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      Is Michael Wallace respected source?
      Respected is questionable, I honestly don't know the answer.

But he does give his views on the largest NBA/sports platform in the United States: ESPN.

Comment

I'd say he's at least top 5 in the east and there is an argument for top 2. Jrue Holiday and Wade are both up there with him, but that position is very weak in the east. He needs to shoot a better percentage and get his efficiency up, but I can see where he's coming from.

Why does it matter if he's a respected source? He's giving an opinion and is listened to by a lot of people, this isn't a news story.

Edit: Holiday is a point guard....So no, in terms of pure shooting guards, I'd say Demar is top two. Now if you talk about wings he moves down the list with Lebron, Paul George, and George Hill all being in there as well.
        Last edited by hateslosing; Sun Dec 30, 2012, 01:14 PM. Reason: stupid
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Don't forget Joe Johnson and Monta Ellis ... Affalo and J.R. Smith would get a say just because of their two way play (but would rather have DeMar)

Comment

In terms of PER, for what its worth, Wade, Lou Willams, Jordan Crawford, Ben Gordon, Gerald Henderson, Ray Allen, JR Smith and JJ Redick are ahead of Demar - making him 9th. Monte Ellis is listed as a PG, but really a SG - hes ahead of DD too. Joe Johnson is below, but I think universally thought of as a pretty good player (notwithstanding the contract)
            Not that PER is the be all and end all .. but Id say a couple of those guys are for sure below DD (Henderson, Reddick, Allen (although hes a specialized player) - but I think its reasonable to say DD is top 5 .. top 2 you can twist the argument, but a little tougher ..
            Last edited by mountio; Sun Dec 30, 2012, 01:30 PM. Reason: missed Ellis and JJ

Comment

Also Ray Allen though he's getting older and has taken a back seat in Miami

Comment

Its his consistency this year with the rebounding, 4.9 rebounds a game. Paul George and Evan Turner both G/F as well are the only other guys averaging more than him at 7.1 and 6.6 respectively.

Paul George is considered more of a SF, so it makes sense.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

fuck espn.

I've had it up to here with them either
                  a) ignoring us

b) trying to discredit our franchise.

Comment

The 2 spot in the East is weak, but DeMar is playing outstanding basketball. Top 2 is debatable and we all know what opinions are like...whether he's getting credit south of the border or not, he's earned my respect. Hard work is paying off and based on his poise, improved jump shot and versatile offensive game, it appears he's become a real student of the game. Has great athletic gifts but they can only take one so far. Nice to see him come together as a more complete player.
                    There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                      fuck espn.

a) ignoring us

How dare they say we have the 2nd best SG in the east.

Comment

You know if you compare him and Vince for a second (hear me out, I know you're all grumbling ), Vince had all the talent and gifts basically given to him and because f such his drive and longevity are both questionable and he's never turned into tr player we expected (kobeesque)

Now take demar. Nothing was given to him talent-wise and he struggled his first few years in the league. He however shows a much greater drive and diligence to working on his skills. It's interesting to see his rise in the standings of SGs in the east. Hopefully he continues to grow

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
                          fuck espn.

a) ignoring us

accept the little credit they are giving us
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                            I'd say he's at least top 5 in the east and there is an argument for top 2. Jrue Holiday and Wade are both up there with him, but that position is very weak in the east. He needs to shoot a better percentage and get his efficiency up, but I can see where he's coming from.

Why does it matter if he's a respected source? He's giving an opinion and is listened to by a lot of people, this isn't a news story.

Edit: Holiday is a point guard....So no, in terms of pure shooting guards, I'd say Demar is top two. Now if you talk about wings he moves down the list with Lebron, Paul George, and George Hill all being in there as well.
                            I'm just curious.
                            Thank you Matt.
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I was really down on Demar at the start of the season, but he's changing my opinion. So much of his game - 3pt%, fg%, rebounding, defence, passing, creating off the dribble - has improved this year.

And he's only 23! He could be very, very good in a few years.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X