Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demar's Blog From Tuesday

Hey fans,

Feels good to be back on the court and just in time as we get ready for the All-Star Dunk-In this Friday in Dallas.

This has been a part of my NBA dream for a while. I grew up watching dunk contests, especially during All-Star weekend, and its probably the thing people most look forward to. Just to be a part of that, being on the main stage with three other guys, with the whole country watching. It's exciting and you couldn't ask for anything more.

I have to say the Vince Carter year was my favourite dunk contest. He really showed something different in that dunk contest and put it back on the map! That twisting windmill 360 on his first dunk? That was the first time anybody had ever seen anything like that. Gotta make a statement on that first one!

Coming into the league, I always told myself it would be fun if I got to the dunk contest. The league came at me about the first-ever "dunk-in"and I was happy to accept.

I've seen a lot of the rest of the field since it was announced and they're all great players not just great dunkers. They're all real athletic and could pull off anything, so it should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

My teammates have also given me great ideas and I'm trying to use those suggestions to come up with something creative.

Gotta thank the fans for all the advice they've given me. I've also been looking at plenty of YouTube video to help come up with some creative stuff and bring something new to the table. I don't want to give anything away but I want to bring something different.

There's been some crazy suggestions as well. Someone said I should go out there dressed like a bird and try to fly and dunk. Some crazy stuff and obviously you've got to put some of that to the side.

People nowadays want to see a lot of those costumes and props, like Dwight Howard as Superman and I think you have to because you've seen a lot of dunks that have been done and guys want to come with something new.

With what Dwight did, coming out the booth, that adds more entertainment to the dunk contest and that's what the people want!

But I'm going to be ready for Friday because going into the contest you've got to have those dunks scripted. You've got to know what you're going to do because when you're out there, that's no time to be thinking "what am I going to do next?". I'm going to have about five dunks planned with the order I want to do them and I've got a couple down pat already.

Whatever happens, it's going to be entertaining. To all the fans, I'm asking you to be ready with those text message and online votes! Pick the best winner -- whoever you like the best -- and hopefully that's me.
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/derozan_feb10.html

there's also some cool videos on there. just over 27 hours away til' the rookie challenge and more exciting the dunk in during halftime.. can't wait to see what he has in store. should be a treat.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

I am personally not a fan of the whole All Star fest thing (any sport). Its not spontaneous and a bit glitzy for me. However I shall be tuning in for DD's efforts and hope he surprises everyone (early money is on Gerald Wallace).

Comment

I think Derozan is going to put on a show.
      Hopefully he reps the city well and gives his best effort

Comment

"With what Dwight did, coming out the booth, that adds more entertainment to the dunk contest and that's what the people want! "

I really, really hate this. It's just too gimmicky. None of Dwight's dunks were particularly spectacular, he just got points for making an ass out of himself in a superman costume. This is a DUNK contest, and I want to see some sweet-ass dunks damnit!

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          "With what Dwight did, coming out the booth, that adds more entertainment to the dunk contest and that's what the people want! "

I really, really hate this. It's just too gimmicky. None of Dwight's dunks were particularly spectacular, he just got points for making an ass out of himself in a superman costume. This is a DUNK contest, and I want to see some sweet-ass dunks damnit!
          X2

Comment

Working...
          X