Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: wouldn't usually bring up power rankings, but...

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,588
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default wouldn't usually bring up power rankings, but...

    The Raptors' new starting lineup is the league's best defensive lineup that has played at least 100 minutes. But Rudy Gay missed Saturday's OT loss in Milwaukee with back spasms and Jonas Valanciunas was benched for Andrea Bargnani. It can't be because Valanciunas was shooting too much. The rookie had a total of just 24 field goal attempts in his previous eight games.
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt3b

    Just noticing...

    a) Nice to hear mention of the fact that the current starting unit is (excluding Bucks game), as I suspected just from watching, stellar defensively.

    b) Just seems that everybody is wondering what exactly JV has to do to get on the floor....?

    Please play guys who earn it Casey. Please play lineups that make sense, and actually take advantage of matchups that you can use, rather than create favorable ones for the other team. I wonder how many more times we'll have to see a Bargs-Fields frontcourt...? and I wonder if we can get a shot of the other teams' eyes' lighting up every time we do...?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt3b

    Just noticing...

    a) Nice to hear mention of the fact that the current starting unit is (excluding Bucks game), as I suspected just from watching, stellar defensively.

    b) Just seems that everybody is wondering what exactly JV has to do to get on the floor....?

    Please play guys who earn it Casey. Please play lineups that make sense, and actually take advantage of matchups that you can use, rather than create favorable ones for the other team. I wonder how many more times we'll have to see a Bargs-Fields frontcourt...? and I wonder if we can get a shot of the other teams' eyes' lighting up every time we do...?
    You guys need to send this to Casey. Everybody seems to notice this except him.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I still think theres a deeper reason here than what is on the surface.

    Unless Casey really is as f'ed up as we all think he is. Next season we'd all be in awe in hindsight as to how good a puppeteer Casey and BC was this season. I hope to God i'm right.

    It's damn near impossible that Casey is not aware of this information. He's a stats guy, he knows. Somebody in his coaching staff would know. And for him to put Bargnani in the starting lineup at the most crucial of games within this season is just as reasonable as Area 51. It just doesnt add up.

    They want to get rid of that OKC pick so they can use their 2015 first rounder in the off-season. Plain and simple.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since Feb.1st, top 3-man lineup in terms of DefRtg is @Raptors' Lowry, Gay, Valanciunas (82.5). Indy's George, Hibbert, West 2nd (83.1)

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,413
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I still think theres a deeper reason here than what is on the surface.

    Unless Casey really is as f'ed up as we all think he is. Next season we'd all be in awe in hindsight as to how good a puppeteer Casey and BC was this season. I hope to God i'm right.

    It's damn near impossible that Casey is not aware of this information. He's a stats guy, he knows. Somebody in his coaching staff would know. And for him to put Bargnani in the starting lineup at the most crucial of games within this season is just as reasonable as Area 51. It just doesnt add up.

    They want to get rid of that OKC pick so they can use their 2015 first rounder in the off-season. Plain and simple.
    And the best way to do so? Lose 3 games in a row, including the milwaukee game to officially stop the playoff chase. Its better than have to throw a bunch of games later after more hype has been circulated about the playoffs. BC and DC are brilliant to dropping to 9th NOW rather than at the end. Now all we have to do is play and develop our potential with no pressure, fill our pick debts, and start next year with a B-line to the playoffs.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,058
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I still think theres a deeper reason here than what is on the surface.

    Unless Casey really is as f'ed up as we all think he is. Next season we'd all be in awe in hindsight as to how good a puppeteer Casey and BC was this season. I hope to God i'm right.

    It's damn near impossible that Casey is not aware of this information. He's a stats guy, he knows. Somebody in his coaching staff would know. And for him to put Bargnani in the starting lineup at the most crucial of games within this season is just as reasonable as Area 51. It just doesnt add up.

    They want to get rid of that OKC pick so they can use their 2015 first rounder in the off-season. Plain and simple.
    ah, a conspiracy theorist. i like.

    this should be interesting
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,137
    Post Thanks / Like