Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wouldn't usually bring up power rankings, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wouldn't usually bring up power rankings, but...

The Raptors' new starting lineup is the league's best defensive lineup that has played at least 100 minutes. But Rudy Gay missed Saturday's OT loss in Milwaukee with back spasms and Jonas Valanciunas was benched for Andrea Bargnani. It can't be because Valanciunas was shooting too much. The rookie had a total of just 24 field goal attempts in his previous eight games.
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt3b

Just noticing...

a) Nice to hear mention of the fact that the current starting unit is (excluding Bucks game), as I suspected just from watching, stellar defensively.

b) Just seems that everybody is wondering what exactly JV has to do to get on the floor....?

Please play guys who earn it Casey. Please play lineups that make sense, and actually take advantage of matchups that you can use, rather than create favorable ones for the other team. I wonder how many more times we'll have to see a Bargs-Fields frontcourt...? and I wonder if we can get a shot of the other teams' eyes' lighting up every time we do...?

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/2013/news/powerra...=iref:nbahpt3b

Just noticing...

a) Nice to hear mention of the fact that the current starting unit is (excluding Bucks game), as I suspected just from watching, stellar defensively.

b) Just seems that everybody is wondering what exactly JV has to do to get on the floor....?

Please play guys who earn it Casey. Please play lineups that make sense, and actually take advantage of matchups that you can use, rather than create favorable ones for the other team. I wonder how many more times we'll have to see a Bargs-Fields frontcourt...? and I wonder if we can get a shot of the other teams' eyes' lighting up every time we do...?
    You guys need to send this to Casey. Everybody seems to notice this except him.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

I still think theres a deeper reason here than what is on the surface.

Unless Casey really is as f'ed up as we all think he is. Next season we'd all be in awe in hindsight as to how good a puppeteer Casey and BC was this season. I hope to God i'm right.

It's damn near impossible that Casey is not aware of this information. He's a stats guy, he knows. Somebody in his coaching staff would know. And for him to put Bargnani in the starting lineup at the most crucial of games within this season is just as reasonable as Area 51. It just doesnt add up.

They want to get rid of that OKC pick so they can use their 2015 first rounder in the off-season. Plain and simple.

Comment

Since Feb.1st, top 3-man lineup in terms of DefRtg is @Raptors' Lowry, Gay, Valanciunas (82.5). Indy's George, Hibbert, West 2nd (83.1)

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post

Unless Casey really is as f'ed up as we all think he is. Next season we'd all be in awe in hindsight as to how good a puppeteer Casey and BC was this season. I hope to God i'm right.

It's damn near impossible that Casey is not aware of this information. He's a stats guy, he knows. Somebody in his coaching staff would know. And for him to put Bargnani in the starting lineup at the most crucial of games within this season is just as reasonable as Area 51. It just doesnt add up.

They want to get rid of that OKC pick so they can use their 2015 first rounder in the off-season. Plain and simple.
          And the best way to do so? Lose 3 games in a row, including the milwaukee game to officially stop the playoff chase. Its better than have to throw a bunch of games later after more hype has been circulated about the playoffs. BC and DC are brilliant to dropping to 9th NOW rather than at the end. Now all we have to do is play and develop our potential with no pressure, fill our pick debts, and start next year with a B-line to the playoffs.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

ah, a conspiracy theorist. i like.

this should be interesting
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Actually as soon as the pick is made by OKC, they can trade their 2014.

I still hold out hope for Boozer and a 1st on draft night. In the end it would have been like Raps 1st, Forbes, Bargnani for Bulls 1st, Boozer, Lowry. **fingers crossed**

Comment

I just want Kabongo to somehow get picked by the raps. Hand him the keys after lowry leaves

Comment

I sure hope you're right! I agree. I mean no one is that stupid enough to play Bargnani when you need defense and Casey being a defensive coach, is definitely not stupid to do that....

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                    Since Feb.1st, top 3-man lineup in terms of DefRtg is @Raptors' Lowry, Gay, Valanciunas (82.5). Indy's George, Hibbert, West 2nd (83.1)
                    Verrrrry interesting. That's the best Raptors-related thing that I've read in a very long time.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      I just want Kabongo to somehow get picked by the raps. Hand him the keys after lowry leaves
                      For sure, and we should rehire Jay Triano, and trade JV for Tristan Thompson!

O Canada, our home and native land...
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Very funny

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

Rick Mercer as the in-game announcer?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Rick Mercer as the in-game announcer?
                            Lol, that would actually be pretty funny

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              I sure hope you're right! I agree. I mean no one is that stupid enough to play Bargnani when you need defense and Casey being a defensive coach, is definitely not stupid to do that....
                              LOL ..."come hell or high water"?

What was Casey's excuse for playing Bargs over ED or JV to close out games earlier in the season?? Many earlier games we just needed rebounds or a defensive stop and yet AB would close out games (even though he couldnt buy a basket in the 4th Q).

Maybe Dwane thinks if he plays Andrea enough, he'll magically turn into Dirk?? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X