Live Chat and Thanking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brickwall281 wrote: View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum and I wanted to make a contribution, so if there are any skilled HTML coders here (not me) I want to suggest two things. I use another forum which is also on Tapatalk. It's a forum for football (soccer) team Bayern Munich (doubt any of you heard of them) and they have a couple of good things in their forum that I wanted to suggest here.

1) Live chat - This is a thing where the admins can make a chat room and open it during games so that users can discuss the match on live chat. This could be pretty useful here.

2) Thanking - This can be used when you read a post and really like or respect it and decide to show your appreciation towards the post you can "thank" it. People can have thanks given to them tallied up and put next to their name on posts. This will encourage useful posting.

I hope this inspires someone, and I hope I have contributed well.
    Thanks for reading!
    As an Arsenal fan, I've heard of Bayern Munich all too well.

Comment

Chat and Like button have been added. I'm with CalgaryRapsFan on this. No need to add "Dislike" as that became useless quite fast when it was introduced on the main blog a couple years ago. Thanks and Like are basically the same thing, so I just picked Like.

Thanks again for the input.

Comment

Chat is again active over on the main blog guys and gals.

Comment

I dislike this new "Like" thing, because it's adding an extra inch of unwanted space between posts. Is there any way to embed it as part of the existing post rather than having a separate box for it?
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            I dislike this new "Like" thing, because it's adding an extra inch of unwanted space between posts. Is there any way to embed it as part of the existing post rather than having a separate box for it?
            i dont mind it... but at first glance, i kinda thought they were deleted and/or empty posts between other posts..

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              i dont mind it... but at first glance, i kinda thought they were deleted and/or empty posts between other posts..
              It takes an extra bit of work on my mouse finger to scroll down. This means RR is now contributing (even more) to my repetitive strain issues.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                It takes an extra bit of work on my mouse finger to scroll down. This means RR is now contributing (even more) to my repetitive strain issues.
                Do what I did, hire someone to do the scrolling for you

Comment

Guys how about putting the "like" button next to the users name or something? And also, why not try to bring the like button to Tapatalk. My other forum contracted Tapatalk or something and they put it in. I don't know but if you want to try it would be huge. Thanks!

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    As an Arsenal fan, I've heard of Bayern Munich all too well.
                    Haha hold your head high, you were the only team along with Inter to beat us in the Allianz Arena in 5 seasons and you went out with pride.

Comment

Working...
                    X