National Post: Raps troubles all too familiar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Post: Raps troubles all too familiar

Bruce Arthur pretty much sums up my feelings on the 2012-2013 edition of the Raps.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...medium=twitter

Good read. It's not often that Arthur writes about the Raps, but when he does, you can't help but nod in agreement.

you’re either selling wins or you’re selling hope
    I don't remember the last time this team was selling wins. That's sad.

Comment

Nice read.

Not much new or insightful, rather just a good summary of the franchise's state of affair and lack of long-term strategy (that is actually adhered to).

Where's the bar?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Good read. It's not often that Arthur writes about the Raps, but when he does, you can't help but nod in agreement.

I don't remember the last time this team was selling wins. That's sad.
        They've never sold wins. I thought BC had finally learned the patience that path takes...until the Gay trade. It's a talent upgrade sure, and it's worked out better than I thought it would, but it still seems like questionable team building as this team still looks very far from making any kind of significant noise.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          They've never sold wins. I thought BC had finally learned the patience that path takes...until the Gay trade. It's a talent upgrade sure, and it's worked out better than I thought it would, but it still seems like questionable team building as this team still looks very far from making any kind of significant noise.
          I would take it a few steps further and say, "until the Nash pursuit"...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I would take it a few steps further and say, "until the Nash pursuit"...
            Yeah, fair enough. I guess I kind of forgot about that after the pursuit failed....although the Raptors will feel the effects with Fields' contract. Sigh...and I like Fields, always have and am happy he's a Raptor if you ignore the contract... but what the hell were you thinking BC, because you just can't ignore the contract?

Comment

hated this kind of article, point out how miserable our franchise has been....for what?.....

Comment

blz wrote: View Post
                hated this kind of article, point out how miserable our franchise has been....for what?.....
                Ignoring the past and the present reality of the franchise's situation doesn't make it go away. Rather than constantly giving everyone involved with this train wreck a pass or another spin at the wheel, perhaps its time to hold some people accountable and put in place an actual plan to move forward that is in the long term best interest of the organization rather than the short term interest of its management.

This organization (and the people running it) has gotten off way to easy for way too long.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                  Ignoring the past and the present reality of the franchise's situation doesn't make it go away. Rather than constantly giving everyone involved with this train wreck a pass or another spin at the wheel, perhaps its time to hold some people accountable and put in place an actual plan to move forward that is in the long term best interest of the organization rather than the short term interest of its management.

This organization (and the people running it) has gotten off way to easy for way too long.
                  Who knows, maybe MLSE floated this story idea to begin sewing the seeds of public support for a forthcoming announcement of the team deciding on a new direction - ie: not picking up BC's option.

Comment

rather too depressing for my taste as well. Is there any truth to the icy relationship between coach casey and BC? the raptors writers don't usually go there....

Comment

Good article, but what a bummer.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

What exactly does the alternative do?

"Don't worry fans, there's always next year" has gotten us nowhere.

Comment

It's nice to have a voice (objective or not) speaking against the spin machine of Colangelo and co. That's, in fact, the whole point....so that fans will take a step back and look at the club rather than just drink the kool-aid (aka hope that BC is selling) and stay content

Comment

Next year the raps have to be selling wins and hope. Two years from now they have to be selling wins.
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bruce Arthur is awsome....

But I'm not sure that there was a point to this article.

If you look at our roster going in to next year, there is no reason why we wouldn't be making the playoffs, at around the 6th seed. It all just happened too late this year

Comment

Working...
                              X