Why is everyone so mad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KHD wrote: View Post
    Fans are mad because Dwane Casey is mortgaging the future (development of JV, Ross) in order to play "his guys" (Anderson, Gray) in their place. His decision making has been horrendous all season, and probably was last season too but we didn't notice it because we had zero expectations. He has zero ability to construct effective offensive or defensive schemes, and doesn't seem to be able to motivate guys either. He's making me miss having Triano here, for God's sake.

Personally, I'm not going to be satisfied until the Raptors hire a real coach.
    I'll agree with you on the X's and O's part, but not on the motivation part.
    This team is in every game, often against far superior talent. I can count the blowouts this year on one hand. In the Mitchell and Triano years (especially the latter), this team was getting blown out every other game it seemed. Point differential proves my point here. That being said, Casey's questionable substitutions and lack of any offensive playbook are clearly going to prevent this team from achieving any real success. Since no head coach is likely to delegate these responsibilities, I believe a change is necessary.

Comment

YYZ wrote: View Post
      I am pretty sure that most of the anger lies with Casey's coaching.
      You beat me to it!

Everyone is pissed because it feels like every game we hold a sizable lead going into the 4th, then DC pulls a line up out of his hat and we slowly go on to lose the game.

BTW you see his line up against the suns when he put out Bassy, JL3, AA (it was the fourth quarter), Landry and JV. Even in garbage time that should never see an NBA floor.

Comment

were mad because our record has barley improved since last year

Comment

mad cause we lack character....this team is setting records for 4th quarter breakdowns. How could we not be mad as fans?

Our team continues to buckle under pressure most of the time.

Comment

Don't forget we had a winning/500 record with Jose starting too. Everyone seems to forget that. It was when Lowry was starting that we went like 2-14 or something.

Edit: 12-11 with Jose starting.
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 02:34 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Don't forget we had a winning/500 record with Jose starting too. Everyone seems to forget that. It was when Lowry was starting that we went like 2-14 or something.

The Bargnani factor: exclude Bargnani from starting with Lowry and suddenly Lowry is 7-7.

Comment

We also only beat 1 or 2 teams with above 500 records with Jose starting

Comment

Get over it guys Lowry has been better than Calderon since he now knows he has the job. stop reminiscing. Calderon leaving was a step into the future.

Comment

I find it hilarious that people think that this "future" is going anywhere. We are maxxed out financially on average players. That lands us out of the playoffs and out of the lottery. 7 years of BC and we are right back to where we started (with less picks and worse assets).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      The Bargnani factor: exclude Bargnani from starting with Lowry and suddenly Lowry is 7-7.
                      Lowry was out of those games too.

Calderon is and always will be a better PG than Jose. Lowry has extremely questionable decision making at the worst times, has a tendency to force his shot and have average or below average court vision. The only thing going for him is his defence and he's been burned there a lot of times since he took the job.

As much of a Raptors homer I am I can't see this team ever being good enough to compete. We're more than likely going to just be stuck at 8th seed at best. Rudy Gay is athletic but he is dumb as a rock with his decision making and shot selection. We have little room to improve either. If BC stuck to the course with Jose and Ed we'd be in a much better position than we are now.
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                        Get over it guys Lowry has been better than Calderon since he now knows he has the job. stop reminiscing. Calderon leaving was a step into the future.
                        Have you seen what Jose has done with Detroit? Pistons are a better team with him
                        @RavNation

Comment

c_bcm wrote: View Post
                          Hyping the players you have no intention of keeping increases their trade value in the off season. It's a savvy fein by BC that I can appreciate.
                          HA!! Definitely, I could say that those who follow the raptor team casually could be best described as "mad" as they don't really understand the game or the industry, you win some, you lose some, alot has to be taken in consideration behind the scenes as well as the talent progression of their core players.

Comment

Lowry was out of those games too.

Calderon is and always will be a better PG than Jose. Lowry has extremely questionable decision making at the worst times, has a tendency to force his shot and have average or below average court vision. The only thing going for him is his defence and he's been burned there a lot of times since he took the job.

As much of a Raptors homer I am I can't see this team ever being good enough to compete. We're more than likely going to just be stuck at 8th seed at best. Rudy Gay is athletic but he is dumb as a rock with his decision making and shot selection. We have little room to improve either. If BC stuck to the course with Jose and Ed we'd be in a much better position than we are now.
                            I don't understand how Lowry can start a game without Bargnani and still be out for those games.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              I don't understand how Lowry can start a game without Bargnani and still be out for those games.
                              What about the part about Calderon being a better PG than Jose? Very confusing.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
                                I find it hilarious that people think that this "future" is going anywhere. We are maxxed out financially on average players. That lands us out of the playoffs and out of the lottery. 7 years of BC and we are right back to where we started (with less picks and worse assets).
                                BC just needs 5 or 6 more years to finish his plan. Seven years is far too quick to make judgement calls. You need to give a GM at least 10 years before you can reach any conclusions. And even then, if he's trying really hard in year 10 or makes a good trade, you have to give him more time to see that plan through. Another 7 or 8 years at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X