No announcement yet.

GT Raptors @ Lakers: Raps play spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Gay took more of ill-advised rather than bad shots. He had good looks but some of them were early shot clock shots and long twos and threes. He just had an off night. And probably knowing Howard was guarding the paint, he didnt want to put too much effort in crashing the lane since, well, there's really no point. They should have fed Demar more since he was on a roll.

I think in the future Casey should consider a James-Wade endgame scenario with Gay and Demar. Alternate who takes the last shot, coz it seems Demar can easily sink that 15-20 footer just like Gay does.

Bottomline, IMO, Lakers deserved that game. Kobe deserved that game. Nobody wanted it more than he did. So im fine with the Raps losing.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZ2mCfSVBk

go to 2:15. Dwight holds Rudy Gays jersey .
      A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

• GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZ2mCfSVBk

Oh my..

Comment

• The whole end of the game just pissed me off. All they had to do at the end of the 4th was give a foul, and they let Kobe take the game-tying three. Unbelievable.

At the end of overtime, Kobe has the ball up top with 14 seconds left. Sure, it's a good time to send a double team. But who does Casey send?? Aaron Gray! I literally wanted to smash the TV, that might've been the worst double team I've ever seen in my life. Kobe goes around him like he's a 5-year-old kid...and fittingly there's no help defense so he slams it home. And then there's the last shot of the game, and honestly I have no idea why Rudy was taking the shot. He was cold the whole game and shot 7-26 from the floor. I realize he's the quote-unquote "closer" for this team now, but if he's been cold the whole game, as a coach, what gives you belief that he's going to make the shot? Casey even said in the press conference afterwards that it was a set play for Rudy...why not give it to DeMar if he's been hot all game? He's even hit game-winners in the past, like in Orlando.

Oh yeah, and this tweet from Bill Simmons pretty much sums up Rudy's game last night, so I'm not even gonna get into that.

Lastly, JV picked up his 4th foul with 7:04 left in the 3rd quarter and was subbed out..... AND NEVER CAME BACK IN. This just blows my mind. Other than DeMar, I thought he was out best player last night. He went 6-8 from the field and had 12 points in only 17 minutes, and he did a great job defensively on Dwight early on. Why not put him in instead of Gray late in the 4th and OT? He's miles better of an offensive player than Gray.

Have to raise an eyebrow at some of the coaching decisions made late in the game IMO.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• GoldenBaller wrote: View Post
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZ2mCfSVBk

People were smashing him for not contesting the dunk...
            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
              The whole end of the game just pissed me off. All they had to do at the end of the 4th was give a foul, and they let Kobe take the game-tying three. Unbelievable.

At the end of overtime, Kobe has the ball up top with 14 seconds left. Sure, it's a good time to send a double team. But who does Casey send?? Aaron Gray! I literally wanted to smash the TV, that might've been the worst double team I've ever seen in my life. Kobe goes around him like he's a 5-year-old kid...and fittingly there's no help defense so he slams it home. And then there's the last shot of the game, and honestly I have no idea why Rudy was taking the shot. He was cold the whole game and shot 7-26 from the floor. I realize he's the quote-unquote "closer" for this team now, but if he's been cold the whole game, as a coach, what gives you belief that he's going to make the shot? Casey even said in the press conference afterwards that it was a set play for Rudy...why not give it to DeMar if he's been hot all game? He's even hit game-winners in the past, like in Orlando.

Oh yeah, and this tweet from Bill Simmons pretty much sums up Rudy's game last night, so I'm not even gonna get into that.

Lastly, JV picked up his 4th foul with 7:04 left in the 3rd quarter and was subbed out..... AND NEVER CAME BACK IN. This just blows my mind. Other than DeMar, I thought he was out best player last night. He went 6-8 from the field and had 12 points in only 17 minutes, and he did a great job defensively on Dwight early on. Why not put him in instead of Gray late in the 4th and OT? He's miles better of an offensive player than Gray.

Have to raise an eyebrow at some of the coaching decisions made late in the game IMO.
              JV played really well. Raptors needs that player who's active on the boards all the time. Sadly DC still don't believe in this young guy...

Comment

• Gray going to the double was just Gray you could hear the guy saying NO NO get back get back.

JV should have been in the game though..

Comment

• Definitely Gay's worst game as a Raptor. If your shot is not falling, STOP shooting and attack the basket!! OR give the ball to DeRozan who actually was having a great game.

And i know i've been hard on DeMar in this forum but i thought he deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT. He was on fire all game. 12/18 from the field compare to Rudy's 7/26.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    I think Gay took more of ill-advised rather than bad shots. He had good looks but some of them were early shot clock shots and long twos and threes. He just had an off night. And probably knowing Howard was guarding the paint, he didnt want to put too much effort in crashing the lane since, well, there's really no point. They should have fed Demar more since he was on a roll.

I think in the future Casey should consider a James-Wade endgame scenario with Gay and Demar. Alternate who takes the last shot, coz it seems Demar can easily sink that 15-20 footer just like Gay does.

Bottomline, IMO, Lakers deserved that game. Kobe deserved that game. Nobody wanted it more than he did. So im fine with the Raps losing.
                    I'd suggest checking out some shot charts on Rudy - very efficient inside 15 ft, absolutely BRUTAL elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                    X