Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: GT Raptors @ Lakers: Raps play spoilers

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Rudy Gay played like a kid with his G1 - he's scared to drive.
    Gay drove and was fouled all 3 times so he stopped. nt the right choice I know but its discouraging when you get slashed and elbowed with no calls. The game was saved by all those dam fts Raps completely outplayed and outcoached LAL tonight fuck Lakers.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed the game but looking at box scores, our franchise player shot 27%. That's if you round up. Says a lot about our franchise.

I'd appreciate a quick recap. The quick reaction had Gay at C+. But 7 of 26, man. That's beyond doodoo.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I missed the game but looking at box scores, our franchise player shot 27%. That's if you round up. Says a lot about our franchise.

I'd appreciate a quick recap. The quick reaction had Gay at C+. But 7 of 26, man. That's beyond doodoo.
    That's not surprsing, I've yet to see Arsenalist give Gay a bad rating despite how poorly he plays. I would take that rating with a grain of salt. IMO I'd give Gay a D or a D-. So many bad decisions and terrible shots it's not even funny. Further more he took and bricked a bunch of shots in the clutch and rushed a shot in with less than 1 min left (in reg) and got called for a charge without passing it to anyone that could have put the Raps up by 2 possessions. He was utter garbage today. He's been playing Garbage (aside from a few games) since he got here.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    That's not surprsing, I've yet to see Arsenalist give Gay a bad rating despite how poorly he plays. I would take that rating with a grain of salt. IMO I'd give Gay a D or a D-. So many bad decisions and terrible shots it's not even funny. Further more he took and bricked a bunch of shots in the clutch and rushed a shot in with less than 1 min left (in reg) and got called for a charge without passing it to anyone that could have put the Raps up by 2 possessions. He was utter garbage today. He's been playing Garbage (aside from a few games) since he got here.
    Thanks. There's a fine line between confidence and insanity. I like that he's confident with his game but there has to be a degree of realism. His %'s are ugly. What's worse, I think, is the 2 free throw attempts. That's on the coaching staff to use him in ways where he will succeed and on him to know 'my shot isn't falling, let me do something else.'

But like I said, I didn't watch the game. I'm making assumptions based on what I've seen of him during his time here. What's interesting is after his shoulder injury, his shot hasn't been the same. I hope he can figure that out in the summer.

I'm losing interest with this team, and I'm losing it fast. I think Colangelo and Casey have to be replaced for them to sell hope and for me to actually buy it. Right now, what can save it is for me to see Ross and Big V getting major burn to get excited about next season. Other than that, all I can say is that we are screwed. Rogers and BCE have to eat huge contracts for the next couple of years.

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Again...

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Gay took more of ill-advised rather than bad shots. He had good looks but some of them were early shot clock shots and long twos and threes. He just had an off night. And probably knowing Howard was guarding the paint, he didnt want to put too much effort in crashing the lane since, well, there's really no point. They should have fed Demar more since he was on a roll.

I think in the future Casey should consider a James-Wade endgame scenario with Gay and Demar. Alternate who takes the last shot, coz it seems Demar can easily sink that 15-20 footer just like Gay does.

Bottomline, IMO, Lakers deserved that game. Kobe deserved that game. Nobody wanted it more than he did. So im fine with the Raps losing.

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bZ2mCfSVBk

go to 2:15. Dwight holds Rudy Gays jersey .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post

Oh my..

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole end of the game just pissed me off. All they had to do at the end of the 4th was give a foul, and they let Kobe take the game-tying three. Unbelievable.

At the end of overtime, Kobe has the ball up top with 14 seconds left. Sure, it's a good time to send a double team. But who does Casey send?? Aaron Gray! I literally wanted to smash the TV, that might've been the worst double team I've ever seen in my life. Kobe goes around him like he's a 5-year-old kid...and fittingly there's no help defense so he slams it home. And then there's the last shot of the game, and honestly I have no idea why Rudy was taking the shot. He was cold the whole game and shot 7-26 from the floor. I realize he's the quote-unquote "closer" for this team now, but if he's been cold the whole game, as a coach, what gives you belief that he's going to make the shot? Casey even said in the press conference afterwards that it was a set play for Rudy...why not give it to DeMar if he's been hot all game? He's even hit game-winners in the past, like in Orlando.

Oh yeah, and this tweet from Bill Simmons pretty much sums up Rudy's game last night, so I'm not even gonna get into that.

Lastly, JV picked up his 4th foul with 7:04 left in the 3rd quarter and was subbed out..... AND NEVER CAME BACK IN. This just blows my mind. Other than DeMar, I thought he was out best player last night. He went 6-8 from the field and had 12 points in only 17 minutes, and he did a great job defensively on Dwight early on. Why not put him in instead of Gray late in the 4th and OT? He's miles better of an offensive player than Gray.

Have to raise an eyebrow at some of the coaching decisions made late in the game IMO.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post

People were smashing him for not contesting the dunk...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    The whole end of the game just pissed me off. All they had to do at the end of the 4th was give a foul, and they let Kobe take the game-tying three. Unbelievable.

At the end of overtime, Kobe has the ball up top with 14 seconds left. Sure, it's a good time to send a double team. But who does Casey send?? Aaron Gray! I literally wanted to smash the TV, that might've been the worst double team I've ever seen in my life. Kobe goes around him like he's a 5-year-old kid...and fittingly there's no help defense so he slams it home. And then there's the last shot of the game, and honestly I have no idea why Rudy was taking the shot. He was cold the whole game and shot 7-26 from the floor. I realize he's the quote-unquote "closer" for this team now, but if he's been cold the whole game, as a coach, what gives you belief that he's going to make the shot? Casey even said in the press conference afterwards that it was a set play for Rudy...why not give it to DeMar if he's been hot all game? He's even hit game-winners in the past, like in Orlando.

Oh yeah, and this tweet from Bill Simmons pretty much sums up Rudy's game last night, so I'm not even gonna get into that.

Lastly, JV picked up his 4th foul with 7:04 left in the 3rd quarter and was subbed out..... AND NEVER CAME BACK IN. This just blows my mind. Other than DeMar, I thought he was out best player last night. He went 6-8 from the field and had 12 points in only 17 minutes, and he did a great job defensively on Dwight early on. Why not put him in instead of Gray late in the 4th and OT? He's miles better of an offensive player than Gray.

Have to raise an eyebrow at some of the coaching decisions made late in the game IMO.
    JV played really well. Raptors needs that player who's active on the boards all the time. Sadly DC still don't believe in this young guy...

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gray going to the double was just Gray you could hear the guy saying NO NO get back get back.

JV should have been in the game though..

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely Gay's worst game as a Raptor. If your shot is not falling, STOP shooting and attack the basket!! OR give the ball to DeRozan who actually was having a great game.

And i know i've been hard on DeMar in this forum but i thought he deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT. He was on fire all game. 12/18 from the field compare to Rudy's 7/26.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie PicknRoll's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I think Gay took more of ill-advised rather than bad shots. He had good looks but some of them were early shot clock shots and long twos and threes. He just had an off night. And probably knowing Howard was guarding the paint, he didnt want to put too much effort in crashing the lane since, well, there's really no point. They should have fed Demar more since he was on a roll.

I think in the future Casey should consider a James-Wade endgame scenario with Gay and Demar. Alternate who takes the last shot, coz it seems Demar can easily sink that 15-20 footer just like Gay does.

Bottomline, IMO, Lakers deserved that game. Kobe deserved that game. Nobody wanted it more than he did. So im fine with the Raps losing.
    I'd suggest checking out some shot charts on Rudy - very efficient inside 15 ft, absolutely BRUTAL elsewhere.

Thread Information