View Poll Results: Should Dwane Casey be fired?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    19 44.19%
  • No

    24 55.81%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 104

Thread: Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Raptors need to get angry

    Casey does a great job of coaching these guys up but there is a next level that these guys need to take and that white hot rage. Fundamentals only takes you so far

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

    I don't understand a lot of things that Casey is doing to be honest. Raptors have lost so many games because of their play in the 4th and i think alot of that has to do with coaching.

    Tonight for example:

    - JV was playing so well, got his 4th foul mid 3rd quarter. Never got the chance to play again. Amir fouled out in the OT and i thought JV for sure will come into the game. But Casey for some reason went with AARON GRAY? wtf is going on?

    - Rudy Gay taking quick shots late in the 4th like he has no idea what the score was.

    - DeMar i thought deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT... never got it. I love Rudy but he's 7/26 on the floor tonight, struggled mightily while DeMar i thought played one of his best game of his career.

    - Where's Landry Fields? he's the Raps best perimeter defender. Why didn't they let him guard Kobe late in the game?

    - As for Kobe's clutch 3 late in the 4th. I thought the Raps should've fouled. Kobe is like a video game in the clutch. He's automatic. Casey and the Raptors coaching staff SHOULD know this.

    - Anderson is really pissing me off. I don't care about his stats tonight. The guy just continues to force everything offensively. At one point Matt and Jack were criticizing the guy because of his poor decisions. DeRozan i thought was pissed off as well late in the 3rd because he wasn't getting any touches while AA continues to chuck shots.
    Last edited by TRex; Sat Mar 9th, 2013 at 01:52 AM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree with most of the things you said but AA was playing pretty efficient down the stretch. The defence on Kobe wasn't really a prob, you couldn't defend him better than AA was defending him but he just hit the shots anyways. Other than that I agree with everything, especially about Gay. He should have been benched after all the retarded decisions he was making, not attemping the last FG of the game.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bad box out's on the defensive end, - leading to offensive rebounding - mental lapses defensively, poor shot selection, and a quiet Rudy Gay - or a loud one in terms of missing so many shots.

    Great effort and play though. Heart breaker really..

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really want to know the thinking behind putting Gray in the OT instead of JV. And why JV didn't get much playing time in the 4th. The guy was having a great game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I really want to know the thinking behind putting Gray in the OT instead of JV. And why JV didn't get much playing time in the 4th. The guy was having a great game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Been this way all year..Casey doesn't trust JV int he 4th. He obviously sides with veterans.

    Raptors blowing 4th quarter road leads has been a problem for years, even with Sam Mitchell. If anything its been that way since Colangelo got here.

    Only Amir Johnson raises his game when its on the line i find.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    calmdownpussiesburg
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    bye dc. show him the door

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    2,682
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JasonS wrote: View Post
    Been this way all year..Casey doesn't trust JV int he 4th. He obviously sides with veterans.

    Raptors blowing 4th quarter road leads has been a problem for years, even with Sam Mitchell. If anything its been that way since Colangelo got here.

    Only Amir Johnson raises his game when its on the line i find.
    He never plays in the 4th, so how can he not trust him? Playoffs are not happening this year unfortunately, so I wanna see as much of Ross and JV as I can.

    I think Casey is trying to save his job by winning games, and BC probably has a say in who he wants to see out there to save his job as well. They were all talking playoffs or bust essentially. They made their bed and shat in it.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The vane was lost on one sided calls and nobody fouling Kobe when he went for the tie. Casey told them to foul immediately the players let it play out guy has been here before played Kobe many times not an idiot.

    I can't defend the Gray thing thoughand the JV not playing in crunch when Amir fouled out. Bottom line the game Casey out coached Dantoni and everyone Balled star treatment won it for LAL

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,513
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Time and time again, Casey shows that he is completely unable to coach in late-game situations. Unbelievable.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

    Twitter - @thekid_it

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Rexdale
    Posts
    1,097
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    The vane was lost on one sided calls and nobody fouling Kobe when he went for the tie. Casey told them to foul immediately the players let it play out guy has been here before played Kobe many times not an idiot.

    I can't defend the Gray thing thoughand the JV not playing in crunch when Amir fouled out. Bottom line the game Casey out coached Dantoni and everyone Balled star treatment won it for LAL
    really?? i thought the refs did a good job for a change yesterday. casey never out coached anyone! infact he's directly to blame for most of our meltdowns this season.. his love of AA, his refusal to play the rook's, his lack of offensive knowledge, his horrid sub patterns are absolutely killing this team this year!! T.Ross has already had his confidence drained by DC & if were not carefull DC's going to take the jam out of Jonas's jelly donut too!!

    @FireDCbeforeItstooLate!!

    @RudyAintAllThat!!

    @AlanAndersonIsAScrub

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Apparently DC thinks that 4 fouls are 6 for JV.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Really you think that game was reffed well? Kobe got everything and so did Dwight how many times did he hold Gays jersey last night ? It was a total load not on Casey people. JV is a good player I can't defend his not playing him but for once tonight wasn't on Anderson either. He did solid playing him over Ross was a good thing Ross isn't there yet.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Really you think that game was reffed well? Kobe got everything and so did Dwight how many times did he hold Gays jersey last night ? It was a total load not on Casey people. JV is a good player I can't defend his not playing him but for once tonight wasn't on Anderson either. He did solid playing him over Ross was a good thing Ross isn't there yet.
    I still don't understand how Valanciunas does not play in the 4th. He was clearly THE most effective big on Dwight, and in the paint on both ends. Just mind bobbling, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block in 16 minutes. You HAVE to play him, he was our best player other than Derozan tonight!

    Reffing tonight was all about superstars, unfortunately, Gay wasn't included in that circle.. It was brutal, a lot of easy calls for the Lakers. Rudy might have been brutal, but it's discouraging when you drive, and drive, and no calls go your way when you get hit. Also, to say Amir was getting hit in the paint is an understatement.

  16. #16
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,084
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I don't understand a lot of things that Casey is doing to be honest. Raptors have lost so many games because of their play in the 4th and i think alot of that has to do with coaching.

    Tonight for example:

    - JV was playing so well, got his 4th foul mid 3rd quarter. Never got the chance to play again. Amir fouled out in the OT and i thought JV for sure will come into the game. But Casey for some reason went with AARON GRAY? wtf is going on?

    - Rudy Gay taking quick shots late in the 4th like he has no idea what the score was.

    - DeMar i thought deserved a shot at the end of regulation and OT... never got it. I love Rudy but he's 7/26 on the floor tonight, struggled mightily while DeMar i thought played one of his best game of his career.

    - Where's Landry Fields? he's the Raps best perimeter defender. Why didn't they let him guard Kobe late in the game?

    - As for Kobe's clutch 3 late in the 4th. I thought the Raps should've fouled. Kobe is like a video game in the clutch. He's automatic. Casey and the Raptors coaching staff SHOULD know this.

    - Anderson is really pissing me off. I don't care about his stats tonight. The guy just continues to force everything offensively. At one point Matt and Jack were criticizing the guy because of his poor decisions. DeRozan i thought was pissed off as well late in the 3rd because he wasn't getting any touches while AA continues to chuck shots.
    Great post, sums up my frustrations exactly.

    The only other complaint I had about Casey last night was why he left his 2nd unit (Lucas, Gray and Anderson) in so long in the 4th, as the big lead was slipping away. Also, I thought Fields played much better defence on Kobe than Anderson did, but Lucas/Gray staying in so long was my big beef.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    All I'll say is that if JV can outplay Dwight Howard, even just in spurts, and still not see playing time, Casey absolutely is in way over his head. Several times this season JV has been outplaying/neutralizing a quality opposing C, as well as being the Raps key presence in the paint/on the glass...and he still gets benched. Fuck you Casey, you total nincompoop...

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,479
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Clearly Casey is better suited to coaching a team largely lacking in talent, so that he can basically make everyone fight for their time on a level playing field. He can't deal with this mix of talent that has a lot of young pieces. Maybe he would be able to coach a fully veteran team as well. But he just seems so wrong for the roster right now it's absurd.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    2,357
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    really?? i thought the refs did a good job for a change yesterday. casey never out coached anyone! infact he's directly to blame for most of our meltdowns this season.. his love of AA, his refusal to play the rook's, his lack of offensive knowledge, his horrid sub patterns are absolutely killing this team this year!! T.Ross has already had his confidence drained by DC & if were not carefull DC's going to take the jam out of Jonas's jelly donut too!!

    @FireDCbeforeItstooLate!!

    @RudyAintAllThat!!

    @AlanAndersonIsAScrub
    +1 I thought the refs did a good job as well. It was the coaching the substitutions, the executions, the same old shit that we see every 4th qtr that's what bothers me.

    Been saying this for a long time now. Raptors need a new coach. Love Casey, good guy but i don't think he's an NBA caliber coach.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

  20. #20
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casey could be taking the long view with the rooks.

    JV is learning the hard lesson that controlling fouls = more time to make an impact.

    Ross is learning that bad shot selection = 5 minutes of playing time.

    Ross hasn't been the same since the week before the dunk contest

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •