View Poll Results: Should Dwane Casey be fired?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 44.19%
  • No

24 55.81%

Thread: Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Threaded View

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I've been saying for a week or two now that Alan Anderson must be the second coming of MJ, and Casey sees it but we don't...he's just waiting to be unleashed, in Casey's eyes.

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can not be upset with a coach who calls plays for Alan Anderson down the stretch of a close game. People are saying "Kobe just won it"...well fuck, maybe, but one thing is for sure, if it's Kobe vs. AA, you're not going to win. I don't care if you're trying to exploit a matchup...LA was clearly ok giving up the Meeks-AA matchup, because AA is a shit scorer in actuality who pads his stats by chucking lots of 3s. He's never going to score consistently going one on one. Do I think Casey is the worst coach? no. But day by day, I'm starting to think that he might be very wrong for this roster. I don't expect him to get fired, but I do expect he'll be under pressure right from the start of next season.
    Crazy you mentioned that. During last night's game, Lakers up by two 117-115 Raptors ball with not much time on the clock. You would think that Gay or DeRozan would get the ball. Instead they set an iso play for AA. AA got to the rim and got fouled. Went 1 of 2 from the line. Pretty much game over because you knew Kobe would score on the other end.

Situation like that you gotta give the ball to your BEST players. I know Artest was guarding Gay, Kobe guarding DeMar and Meeks guarding AA. I don't care about all that. You gotta give the ball to your best players PERIOD.
    Last edited by TRex; Sat Mar 9th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Thread Information