View Poll Results: Should Dwane Casey be fired?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 44.19%
  • No

24 55.81%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I've been saying for a week or two now that Alan Anderson must be the second coming of MJ, and Casey sees it but we don't...he's just waiting to be unleashed, in Casey's eyes.

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can not be upset with a coach who calls plays for Alan Anderson down the stretch of a close game. People are saying "Kobe just won it"...well fuck, maybe, but one thing is for sure, if it's Kobe vs. AA, you're not going to win. I don't care if you're trying to exploit a matchup...LA was clearly ok giving up the Meeks-AA matchup, because AA is a shit scorer in actuality who pads his stats by chucking lots of 3s. He's never going to score consistently going one on one. Do I think Casey is the worst coach? no. But day by day, I'm starting to think that he might be very wrong for this roster. I don't expect him to get fired, but I do expect he'll be under pressure right from the start of next season.
    Crazy you mentioned that. During last night's game, Lakers up by two 117-115 Raptors ball with not much time on the clock. You would think that Gay or DeRozan would get the ball. Instead they set an iso play for AA. AA got to the rim and got fouled. Went 1 of 2 from the line. Pretty much game over because you knew Kobe would score on the other end.

Situation like that you gotta give the ball to your BEST players. I know Artest was guarding Gay, Kobe guarding DeMar and Meeks guarding AA. I don't care about all that. You gotta give the ball to your best players PERIOD.
    Last edited by TRex; Sat Mar 9th, 2013 at 07:24 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter - @RRyan22

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I've been saying for a week or two now that Alan Anderson must be the second coming of MJ, and Casey sees it but we don't...he's just waiting to be unleashed, in Casey's eyes.

Seriously though, I don't know how anyone can not be upset with a coach who calls plays for Alan Anderson down the stretch of a close game. People are saying "Kobe just won it"...well fuck, maybe, but one thing is for sure, if it's Kobe vs. AA, you're not going to win. I don't care if you're trying to exploit a matchup...LA was clearly ok giving up the Meeks-AA matchup, because AA is a shit scorer in actuality who pads his stats by chucking lots of 3s. He's never going to score consistently going one on one. Do I think Casey is the worst coach? no. But day by day, I'm starting to think that he might be very wrong for this roster. I don't expect him to get fired, but I do expect he'll be under pressure right from the start of next season.
    I'm calling it now. If we dont crack 30 wins this season and we start off shit again next season, Casey is gone and if he isn't both BC and DC are going to be gone. The fanbase(as we very well know) are growing restless and if we dont make the playoffs soon we're not going to be a happy bunch.
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Crazy you mentioned that. During last night's game, Lakers up by two 117-115 Raptors ball with not much time on the clock. You would think that Gay or DeRozan would get the ball. Instead they set an iso play for AA. AA got to the rim and got fouled. Went 1 of 2 from the line. Pretty much game over because you knew Kobe would score on the other end.

Situation like that you gotta give the ball to your BEST players. I know Artest was guarding Gay, Kobe guarding DeMar and Meeks guarding AA. I don't care about all that. You gotta give the ball to your best players PERIOD.
    Kobe guarding demar... we should've gave derozan the ball and let him go at kobe. Tire him out on D
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Casey is just stupid. AA and Gray are complete scrubs, i don't give a shit if they are veterans. You can only justify playing veterans if they have real nba experience and have won at a high level not bench warming scrubs. BC and DC both need to get their ass's kicked out, we need a complete front office overhaul. This is becoming embarrassing
    ive been saying it all along "live by the scrub, die by the scrub!"

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

I agree. I would've even been ok with AA taking a shot off someone else's move. You know, an open shot like a 3, which is his strength. I'm not one of those guys who bashes LeBron for passing to open teammates. An open shot is never a bad option, especially in a guy's comfort zone. Sure you can still argue you want the more talented player taking the shot....but if that player does decide that passing is the better option, either you trust that, or get better players. Either way, AA's not the guy you look to to make plays.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the topic. Casey needs to go. Way too many games lost in the 4th quarter and that's a on the coach absolutely. The Van Gundy brothers are available!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    I agree with the topic. Casey needs to go. Way too many games lost in the 4th quarter and that's a on the coach absolutely. The Van Gundy brothers are available!
    Stan, please....but not Jeff. Jeff is tough and good with D, and probably better at in-game management, but his teams were brutal to watch. Stan understands both ends of the court very well.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I'm calling it now. If we dont crack 30 wins this season and we start off shit again next season, Casey is gone and if he isn't both BC and DC are going to be gone. The fanbase(as we very well know) are growing restless and if we dont make the playoffs soon we're not going to be a happy bunch.
    IF the Raptors don't crack 30 wins, I don't know about BC, but DC is as good as gone me thinks.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't reach 30 wins. THey'd have to play about as badly as the start of the season. If that happens...yes, he has to get fired.

Raptors Republic Rookie robert parrish 00's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When your team has major issues inbounding in crunch time something is wrong with the coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
    When your team has major issues inbounding in crunch time something is wrong with the coaching.
    THIS. This absolutely blows my mind if you can't create a set inbound play to get someone open! Just mind-bobbling how poor his coaching is when it comes down to offensive execution, and player management... ARGH. He HAS to go if Toronto doesn't grab +30 games, because that means a team with increased talent doesn't make a big gap from win comparison, it's really bad. That is ALL on the coaches.

12. Like FoxMachine liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's done enough to lose all credibility, in my eyes. He's full of sh!t, just like his boss.

Pound the Rock
    Predisposition
    Accountability
    Defensive fundamentals
    Flow offense

Full of sh!t. That moment when he ordered Aaron Gray to chase Kobe Bryant at half court in OT is a defining moment of his sorry career. I'm sorry, but the man is full of sh!t and I've had enough.

He has absolutely no clue how to make late game decisions in terms of strategy and personnel decisions. I wish we were a big enough market for people to notice his stupidity and blast his ass for his decisions. But we are a team that nobody gives a sh!t about because we send AARON GRAY to try & contain Kobe; then the very next play, iso for ALAN ANDERSON.

SCRUB PLAYERS DEFINING THE CAREER OF A SCRUB COACH. He should not be a head coach for any other team. Save them the torture.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully he gets fired soon. These games are unbearable to watch and mostly because of his decision making, "play" calling and player rotations. Had they lost the Laker game with the guys that had decent games for 3 quarters but got benched rather than reverting to that set lineup to close the game I wouldn't even be upset right now. That set lineup has been used with no rhyme or reason all season. If it was actually working then there wouldn't be complaints on this board right now because we would be winning.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I think Casey is trying to save his job by winning games, and BC probably has a say in who he wants to see out there to save his job as well. They were all talking playoffs or bust essentially. They made their bed and shat in it.
    But the weird thing now, is that there's been a few games where playing JV would have given them their best chance to win. Which undermines the philosophy that it's because they are trying to win games. I would love to hear DC thoughts on JV's fourth qtr minutes as well.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie Vaishmumu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fire Dwane Casey!

In my opinion his rotations are terrible, his plays are terrible and he favors too much, he doesn't give the minutes to players that really deserve them. ( Ross, Acy, etc.)

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I said yes, but I think management should see how the rest of the season plays out before making any decisions.
    Writer for RaptorsWatch.com

Twitter - @thekid_it

18. Like YYZ, Vaishmumu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Give him a season with the new team and he can coach to his strengths and a better core than when he got the job and see how he does.

SO HELL NO why would the Raptors fire him??

20. Like Vaishmumu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like a new coach so I do think he should be fired and will vote Yes in the poll.. But, I would rather see Bryan go and the new owner/GM replace Casey with his guy. Replacing Casey with a Bryan hire is just going to get us no where again. I think Casey is too much of a yes man and that's not what this team needs. That whole "hell or high water" remark for Bargnani was so dumb.

The 4-19 start was in my opinion a result of the dearth in talent on the team.. but Bargnani's minutes and their defensive relapse this season are two big black marks on Casey this season for me.

22. Like Vaishmumu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see them both gone. Colangelo has had his chance. Casey has been given a flawed product to work with, but his rotations and lack of an offense are bizarre. Plus, all our defensive progress from last year has gone down the drain.

24. Like Vaishmumu liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

What contract casey holds?

26. Like Vaishmumu liked this post

Thread Information