Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another 4th quarter collapse. Coaching is a major problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with the topic. Casey needs to go. Way too many games lost in the 4th quarter and that's a on the coach absolutely. The Van Gundy brothers are available!

Comment

benitonicoya wrote: View Post
      I agree with the topic. Casey needs to go. Way too many games lost in the 4th quarter and that's a on the coach absolutely. The Van Gundy brothers are available!
      Stan, please....but not Jeff. Jeff is tough and good with D, and probably better at in-game management, but his teams were brutal to watch. Stan understands both ends of the court very well.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
        I'm calling it now. If we dont crack 30 wins this season and we start off shit again next season, Casey is gone and if he isn't both BC and DC are going to be gone. The fanbase(as we very well know) are growing restless and if we dont make the playoffs soon we're not going to be a happy bunch.
        IF the Raptors don't crack 30 wins, I don't know about BC, but DC is as good as gone me thinks.

Comment

I'd be pretty shocked if they didn't reach 30 wins. THey'd have to play about as badly as the start of the season. If that happens...yes, he has to get fired.

Comment

When your team has major issues inbounding in crunch time something is wrong with the coaching.

Comment

robert parrish 00 wrote: View Post
              When your team has major issues inbounding in crunch time something is wrong with the coaching.
              THIS. This absolutely blows my mind if you can't create a set inbound play to get someone open! Just mind-bobbling how poor his coaching is when it comes down to offensive execution, and player management... ARGH. He HAS to go if Toronto doesn't grab +30 games, because that means a team with increased talent doesn't make a big gap from win comparison, it's really bad. That is ALL on the coaches.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

He's done enough to lose all credibility, in my eyes. He's full of sh!t, just like his boss.

Pound the Rock
                Predisposition
                Accountability
                Defensive fundamentals
                Flow offense

Full of sh!t. That moment when he ordered Aaron Gray to chase Kobe Bryant at half court in OT is a defining moment of his sorry career. I'm sorry, but the man is full of sh!t and I've had enough.

He has absolutely no clue how to make late game decisions in terms of strategy and personnel decisions. I wish we were a big enough market for people to notice his stupidity and blast his ass for his decisions. But we are a team that nobody gives a sh!t about because we send AARON GRAY to try & contain Kobe; then the very next play, iso for ALAN ANDERSON.

SCRUB PLAYERS DEFINING THE CAREER OF A SCRUB COACH. He should not be a head coach for any other team. Save them the torture.
                “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

Hopefully he gets fired soon. These games are unbearable to watch and mostly because of his decision making, "play" calling and player rotations. Had they lost the Laker game with the guys that had decent games for 3 quarters but got benched rather than reverting to that set lineup to close the game I wouldn't even be upset right now. That set lineup has been used with no rhyme or reason all season. If it was actually working then there wouldn't be complaints on this board right now because we would be winning.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    I think Casey is trying to save his job by winning games, and BC probably has a say in who he wants to see out there to save his job as well. They were all talking playoffs or bust essentially. They made their bed and shat in it.
                    But the weird thing now, is that there's been a few games where playing JV would have given them their best chance to win. Which undermines the philosophy that it's because they are trying to win games. I would love to hear DC thoughts on JV's fourth qtr minutes as well.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Fire Dwane Casey!

In my opinion his rotations are terrible, his plays are terrible and he favors too much, he doesn't give the minutes to players that really deserve them. ( Ross, Acy, etc.)

Comment

I said yes, but I think management should see how the rest of the season plays out before making any decisions.
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Give him a season with the new team and he can coach to his strengths and a better core than when he got the job and see how he does.

SO HELL NO why would the Raptors fire him??

Comment

I would like a new coach so I do think he should be fired and will vote Yes in the poll.. But, I would rather see Bryan go and the new owner/GM replace Casey with his guy. Replacing Casey with a Bryan hire is just going to get us no where again. I think Casey is too much of a yes man and that's not what this team needs. That whole "hell or high water" remark for Bargnani was so dumb.

The 4-19 start was in my opinion a result of the dearth in talent on the team.. but Bargnani's minutes and their defensive relapse this season are two big black marks on Casey this season for me.

Comment

I'd like to see them both gone. Colangelo has had his chance. Casey has been given a flawed product to work with, but his rotations and lack of an offense are bizarre. Plus, all our defensive progress from last year has gone down the drain.

Comment

What contract casey holds?

Comment

Working...
                                X