Why not do what D'Antoni does?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not do what D'Antoni does?

He knows he's utter trash at coaching defence so he doesn't. He has another coach handle it while he worries about the offence. Why not get another coach capable of running the offence and have him focus on fundimentals/defence?

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    He knows he's utter trash at coaching defence so he doesn't. He has another coach handle it while he worries about the offence. Why not get another coach capable of running the offence and have him focus on fundimentals/defence?
    D'Antoni's teams don't play any D whatsoever. I think D'Antoni is one of the absolute worst coaches in the league, and modeling anything after his practices is a recipe for disaster.

Comment

Yea, they are lucky they have Kobe. The lakers are complete trash, it'll be fun to watch them get spanked in the first round.

Comment

casey has got to go. i dont see why he dosnt play jv in the 4th Q, i think we would of won a few more close games
        Rapsfan

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          D'Antoni's teams don't play any D whatsoever. I think D'Antoni is one of the absolute worst coaches in the league, and modeling anything after his practices is a recipe for disaster.
          +1 lucked out with Nash playing MVP ball before amare destroyed his knees.

Comment

lennywh wrote: View Post
            casey has got to go. i dont see why he dosnt play jv in the 4th Q, i think we would of won a few more close games
            I agree. Casey needs to be replaced.

D'Antoni who this thread is about BTW, is a very good coach IF he has his kind of team. He can't walk into any situation and be a good Coach.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

they should have kept Triano around to run the offense

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                they should have kept Triano around to run the offense
                That's what I said when Casey got here but everyone pretty much crapped on that idea. Triano seems to be doing fairly well with the Blazers.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  That's what I said when Casey got here but everyone pretty much crapped on that idea. Triano seems to be doing fairly well with the Blazers.
                  It would've been logical, but it also would've been uncomfortable. I don't know if a head coach has ever been demoted in the NBA. Not fired, demoted.

Comment

I am starting to question people's here understanding of basketball if you think we don't run great offensive sets!

Players have to produce

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      I am starting to question people's here understanding of basketball if you think we don't run great offensive sets!

Players have to produce
                      Raptors are too jump shot dependent. If the shots aren't falling and they are not getting on the offensive glass, they are prone to long droughts with no field goals.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post

Players have to produce
                        but if the coach is telling them that it's ok to take jump shot after jump shot, they are not putting themselves in the best position to win the game...which is the coach's job

example: Rudy shoots 25% from 16-23 feet....maybe someone should tell him to stop shooting contested shots from that range. Or maybe someone can draw up a play which anticipates the inevitable double team to get us an easier basket.

With regards to the thread...D'Antoni is without question the most overrated, and overpaid coach in the history of basketball. Basketball is the only sport where each player must equally contribute on both ends...it's a game of flow and you cannot separate the two. If your coach cannot create a system which encompasses both, then IMO he is simply not qualified to have the job.

Comment

Working...
                        X