View Poll Results: Fan of Anderson?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

14 31.82%
  • no

30 68.18%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are You A Fan of Alan Andersons game?

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    Anderson is a scrub! he should be handing out towels & gatorade
    I don't know. I don't htink he can do that as well as Jose. He'll probably end up hoarding all the gatorade.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a silly question. AA is a success story, a journeyman who found a niche in the NBA after one failed attempt and stints overseas. If you aren't a fan of that you're a fool. If you can put the ball in the hoop at the highest level (even with a low shooting percentage) you are doing something right and get my respect.

There's no question AA has talent. He has a decent first step, can pass off the dribble, back down smaller defenders (see Jodie, Meeks) and is a confident, if streaker, shooter. He has a pretty polished offensive game and isn't a liability defensively, though he is not a great rebounder for his position. He's also a high effort player.

But he is not starting-calibre talent nor should he be getting big and/or 4th quarter minutes.

The fact that he's seeing starter's minutes says a lot about the failure of the organization to assemble a good team. We picked him off the heap, just like we've picked so many other players up on 15-day trials since BC got here. The fact that he's one of the few Raptors in the BC era who can create his own shot is astonishing and sad.

So am I a fan of his game? Yes. Do I think he's a starter? No. Do I evaluate and have expectations of him like I would a high draft pick? No.

He's an overseas journeyman and he has greatly exceeded expectations. He's still a nobody, but he's the most talented nobody we've ever had.

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Alan Anderson is a bench player and is getting paid dirt cheap. He is our best player some nights, he guards the opposing teams best perimeter player usually, and he never complains. WHY Are people complaining?? I think raptor fans need to start re-directing their misguided hate towards Alan Anderson and direct it towards Dwayne Casey who decides to keep him in as long as he does. If anything, we are absolutely lucky to have him for such a dirt cheap price.

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    thats going to far hes not Arrujo lol
    hoffa's doing oil changes at jiffy lube in rio, brazil! LOL

5. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Vaishmumu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With Gay being our primary SF, I say trade Alan Anderson for a lock down defender

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Colangelo should take the ball out of Casey's hands on this one and waive Anderson.

Alan Anderson will likely not be back with the team next year, yet he continues to get playing time at the expense of players we could be developing - ie Ross and Fields. Fields really is a work in progress, who does so many of the little things well and plays such good defense that we should be giving him opportunities to find his shot again. If he does, great first wing off the bench.

To answer the original question, while I have the utmost respect for the work Anderson has put into getting to the NBA after playing in numerous other spots, he's a chucker. So is Rudy, though, I guess (although I think he can be cured).

Post Thanks / Like

I have never loved to hate a player so much haha. Or love and hate at the same time, I guess you could say. I love his first step and how he gets into the lane--what he does when he gets there makes me cringe, whether the team scores on the possession or not.

His shot makes me cringe also--even though he hits a fair share of them. He also takes some terrible shots. He gets results, but nothing is pretty. He earns everything. He also, I think, has been responsible for shooting the Raps out of a few games this year. But he also has shot the Raps back into games. Maybe I love him because he takes minutes away from Landry Fields. Maybe I hate him because he takes minutes away from T Ross.

I can't put my finger on why I love and hate him at the same time -- that's probably the reason actually haha
    Last edited by IROR; Sun Mar 10th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

All the burn AA gets ahead of Fields and TRoss is Casey telling BC what he thinks of his 1st round selection and the acquisition of the $8,000,000. a year glue guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a rhetorical forum?

Raptors Republic All-Star KazanTheMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's garbage. Get 'em outta town.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I said yes. He's a good defender and a decent three point shooter. He tries to do too much a lot but given the fact that the coach seems to keep giving him playing time in clutch situations, it seems like that kind of play is being encouraged. If you took a steady hand with him and got him to look for his team mates more often and take smarter shots, he's actually got some moves and could be a good bench scorer. His rebounding numbers suck though, which is a big negative given how bad of a rebounding team we are. If you look at his per 36 scoring numbers, it's surprising how close him and gay are in % and pp36.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie Checkines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He looks for his, whether we need the energy off the bench or we are trying to maintain the lead. Part of me feels like he is trying to validate his place in the NBA

Raptors Republic Rookie DeRozanJohnsonFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I said yes. He's a good defender and a decent three point shooter. He tries to do too much a lot but given the fact that the coach seems to keep giving him playing time in clutch situations, it seems like that kind of play is being encouraged. If you took a steady hand with him and got him to look for his team mates more often and take smarter shots, he's actually got some moves and could be a good bench scorer. His rebounding numbers suck though, which is a big negative given how bad of a rebounding team we are. If you look at his per 36 scoring numbers, it's surprising how close him and gay are in % and pp36.
    He definitely has talent that needs to be worked on, when focused he can be a real good clutch player that comes out big in needed situations.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fine with Anderson, he's a skilled but not overly athletic guy who's best served playing a few minutes a game and NOT being depended on to carry the team offensively, especially late it games. But that's not really his fault.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll say it before and I'll say it again

You take the leash off of a guy like Nick Young, kemba walker, michael beasley, (i.e. guys who are streaky volume shooters), they can all get you 16-20 ppg.
    But there's a reason why teams don't allow them to jack up whatever shot they want....because even if they are hitting...the team still doesn't win!

Any game in which Anderson is productive does not show his success, but rather the fact that our offensive strategy and execution is so poor, that the team is differing to the one guy on the team that doesn't mind missing the shot because he has nothing to lose.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vaishmumu wrote: View Post
    With Gay being our primary SF, I say trade Alan Anderson for a lock down defender
    O great another Dom McGuire? AWESOME IDEA! How about we just have Fields come in off the bench after him hes good playing Point forward and providing pretty solid D.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't hate AA... but i dont see what the big deal is with him...

i dont understand him being on the floor during crunch time...

he's like a weird Anthony Parker / Jamario Moon hybrid player... He's decent at everything, not particulary great at any one thing (ap).... and when the pressure is on, he chucks (moon)

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I like a player who is confident in his game. I don't like a player who has a false sense of his ability and rank in the team, particularly in crunch time of close games. Hence I not only don't like his game, I HATE seeing his stupid face on the court.
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Alan Anderson reminds me of Jarrett Jack. A half decent player, extremely, and I mean extremely undervalued in NBA standards. He plays like a horses ass because the rest of the team has weaknesses that he can fill, and as a result, he increases his value as an NBA player.

The reality is that Alan Anderson won't be playing for the Raptors next year. He's going to get signed as a free agent on another team for a lot more money than we can offer because BC destroyed our salary.

Next thing you know it's going to be Alan Anderson coming off the bench of whichever *** team and he'll score a 20 pt. night against us, reminding us of how good he was and why we couldn't offer him more money.

Post Thanks / Like

Anderson should have been traded at the deadline as an expiring contract for a 2nd round pick (or more, if any teams were crazy enough). He's a D-league chucker in his 30's, who should be well behind Gay, DeRozan, Ross and Fields on the wing depth chart.

Thread Information